This is an instrument that I have really been wanting to try. A fascinating audio CD of educational Children's stories by the UK author, Robina Beckles Willson, set in ancient times, featuring clips from my album, "The Ancient Egyptian Harp", I am always willing to consider link exchanges between my website & other potentially relevant websites. Sellers declare the item's customs value and must comply with customs declaration laws. Many thanks. If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. 1. I have personally undertaken the reconstruction of the ancient instruments, the activities of Terpandros. No additional import charges on delivery.

Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing. Eran.--We need no investigation, for we exactly hold the truth. A lyre with less than 9 strings is only really suitable for providing basic harmonic accompaniment to a vocal line due to the limited number of strings and is therefore unsuitable for a solo instrument.Please note - these arrangements are merely simplified versions of my original recordings and are not intended to be literally played "note for note"! Upon an instrument of ten strings - Eusebius, in his comment on this Psalm, says: Ψαλτηριον δε δεκαχορδον, ἡ του Ἁγιου Πνευματος δια των αισθητηριων πεντε μεν του σωματος, ισαριθμων δε της ψυχης δυναμεων, επιτελουμενη λατρεια· "The Psaltery of ten strings is the worship of the Holy Spirit, performed by means of the five senses of the body, and by the five powers of the soul." There are 29 items available. Final Verdict . By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Although all of these tunes were arranged for 10 string lyres, almost all of them will also work on a 9 or 11 string lyre as well. JRV LUTHIER Construcción de arpas, liras y otros instrumentos de cuerda. I tried to download the MP3s of the tuning notes in the video, however, whien I click on the link work "here" it actually gives me sheet music. £10.12 + £11.67 P&P . Best wishes :), TUNING THE LYRE TO THE JUST INTONATION OF ANTIQUITY, Nero's Lyre (Lament for Solo Lyre in the Ancient Greek Phrygian Mode), The Wisdom of Minerva (Original Composition For Lyre in the Ancient Chromatic Phrygian Mode). The Urban Myth of the Monotony of Monophony in the Ancient World, Egypt, Canaan & the Music of the Ancient Israelites. The Harrari's are makers of Biblical lyres & harps, based in Jerusalem... Makers of Biblical Lyres, based in the USA... Jubilee Harps are makers of Biblical lyres, based in the USA... All of my albums are available from iTunes Stores around the world, as well as streaming on Apple Music. Thank you! I'm a pianist looking for some music to play on a Lutherios 7 string model. The profound character looks beyond all these and moves, Orthodoxos and Eranistes.

In May 2012, I had the pleasure of collabrating in the recording of an epic Roman-themed album, "SPQR", composed by Michael & Maryanne Tedstone, for the Felt Music Sound Library (for use in television & film). Lyre Harp, Vangoa 10 Steel String Solidwood Mahogany Lye Harp, Maple Bridge with Padded Carry Bag, Tuning Wrench, Extra String Set, Manual 4.4 out of 5 stars 42 $69.99 Aramaic Bible in Plain English Give thanks to him with the harp, and on a guitar of ten strings, sing unto him. USD sulshiinternational has no other items for sale. Guitar was not a success for me as pressing down on the frets was rather difficult to do without muting the notes. Piping Harp $54.00 $ 54. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Joachim Braun: "Music in Ancient Israel/Palestine - Archaeological, Written & Comparative Sources" (Wm. All my albums are available from Amazon MP3 Store! The lyre (Greek: λύρα, lýra) is a string instrument known for its use in Greek classical antiquity and later periods. Congratulations! £36.99 £ 36. Would any of these arrangements work on a 7 string lyre? £15.57. More Buying Choices $38.25 (4 used & new offers) Price may vary by color + "OW" Lyre Harp 10 Metal String Wooden Saddle Mahogany Lye Harp with Tuning Wrench and Lyre Harp Bag. 3.8 out of 5 stars 98. Please choose a price: $ This is a community for the lyre, the flatter cousin of the harp. In this manner, it becomes possible to simple strum rhythmic chords or intervals, just like a guitar. It is a non-profit institution with specific aims, namely the reconstruction of ancient Greek musical instruments, the study, revival and projection of ancient Greek music, and finally research on subjects that are related to Greek civilization. GOD'S WORD® Translation Give thanks with a lyre to the LORD. LYRE HARP 10 METAL STRINGS set Only. Psalm 150:3-5 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp... 1 Chronicles 15:16 And David spoke to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brothers to be the singers with instruments of music... 1 Chronicles 25:6 All these were under the hands of their father for song in the house of the LORD, with cymbals, psalteries, and harps... 2 Chronicles 23:5 And a third part shall be at the king's house; and a third part at the gate of the foundation... 2 Chronicles 29:25 And he set the Levites in the house of the LORD with cymbals, with psalteries, and with harps, according to the commandment of David... Psalm 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executes: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Please contact me directly for consideration of a link exchange... Beginner Guitar HQ: Here is a really interesting online article published on the gutarist's uses of The Phrygian Mode Panagiotis Tsandaris Panagiotis Tsandaris directed, filmed and edited the video shoots in ancient Europos of my performances on a wide range of the beautiful replica ancient Greek lyres made by Luthieros: "Backdrop Video Creations is a professional video production company that specializes in promotional video but also provides wedding videos, music clips, event videos etc. Dialogue i. Best wishes, I have a Lyre on order and this gives me hope that I can do something with it. Hitting the strings percussively with a wooden baton like a hammered dulcimer - a technique I inferred from illustrations of lyre players seen in both the Bas Reliefs from the Palace of Nineveh (circa 700 BCE): About 1000 years later, this same percussive lyre playing technique can be found in illustrations of lyre players depicted in the Pahos Mosiacs (2nd – 4th centuries CE) in Cyprus, which all seem to be using a small wooden baton to hit the strings of their lyres, rather than the usual plectrum to pluck the strings: 8. Free P&P . The use of parallel motion - using finger-plucked and plectrum-plucked tones generally an interval of 3rd apart in sections of a melody. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. This item will be sent through the Global Shipping Programme and includes international tracking. Thanks for this lesson in the video. I've written out tons of music by hand, so know what a great amount of work you've gone through to give us this. Although all of these tunes were arranged for 10 string lyres, almost all of them will also work on a 9 or 11 string lyre as well. Hey guys, I just got my first ever Lyre( 10 Strings) and iam excited to play it! There also is mentioned a form of the Nevel referred to as the "Nevel Asor" - the Nevel with 10 strings. This harp comes in lyre and kinnor (also called kinor and King David) styles and differs from classical and Celtic harps in its small size and number of strings. Mid East Ethnic Instruments manufactures an incredibly affordable range of Biblical lyres, including the Kinnor & Nevel - ideal for the beginner! Teresa, Hello Michael, The lyre truly was, the "magic wand" of the ancients... TUNING THE LYRE TO THE JUST INTONATION OF ANTIQUITYFinally, for a truly authentic playing experience, here is a video I put together on how to tune the Marini Made "Davidic Harp" (featured in most of my albums since 2011), to the wonderfully pure just intonation of antiquity: Thank you so much, Michael! For example, the ancient Greek Dorian Mode starts on the 3rd string, giving a scale of the equivalent intervals as E (the temperament root) F G A B C D E, whereas the ancient Greek Phrygian Mode starts on the 2nd string, giving a scale with the equivalent intervals as D (the temperament root) E F G A B C D. The only other lyre tuning I have used, is the equivalent intervals as C D E F G A Bb C D E, in order to achieve the equivalent intervals which form the mournful ancient Greek Hypodorian mode starting on D (D F G A Bb C D) for my arrangement of "Tristitia (Sorrow)", from my album, "The Ancient Roman Lyre".In all of these arrangements, I have also written the exact string number to be played next to each and every note, so hopefully the result will be rather like guitar tablature - for lyre! At the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem, the Levites were sought out from where they lived and were brought to Jerusalem to celebrate joyfully the dedication with songs of thanksgiving and with the music of cymbals, harps and lyres. With this almost infinite palette of tonal variations, coloured by the unique individual characteristics of each of the many ancient musical modes, almost an infinite number of wonderful melodies can be conjured out of the air with virtually no effort! Indeed, almost all ancient illustrations of lyre players show the use of a strap for two handed performance, as can be seen in this illustration of of a young female lyre player from an Etruscan tomb wall fresco (475 BCE): In antiquity, lyre straps (known in ancient Greek times as the 'telamon') were made either of soft leather or some form of natural fibre – however, I find that simply twisting a pair of old nylon stockings creates an amazingly cheap, flexible and functional lyre strap! the starting note of the mode) on different degrees of the equivalent intervals a C major scale - as all the lyres I play are of different sizes with different string lengths, I treat them all as transposing instruments in C - all that matters, is that the equivalent intervals are used.For example, in my arrangement of "Contemplationis (Contemplation)" from my album "The Ancient Roman Lyre", the temperament root is E, giving the equivalent intervals as the ancient Greek Dorian Mode (E F G A B C D E).In all but one of the arrangements, the lyre strings are tuned to the equivalent intervals as middle C D E F G A B C D E. When tuning to a specific ancient Greek mode - each mode is defined by the starting and ending notes of any scale played in relation to where the scale starts on any of the strings in this particular tuning.

After receiving the item, cancel the purchase within, Money back or replacement (buyer's choice). Psalm 81:2,3 Take a psalm, and bring here the tambourine, the pleasant harp with the psaltery... Psalm 149:3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises to him with the tambourine and harp. I play the piano and am proficient enough at guitar, and I am just starting the lyre. You can play a song on any melodic instrument as long as youre playing the same notes. The use of harmonics by plucking the strings whilst lightly finger-stopping the strings at their centre with the left hand. See the seller's listing for full details. Check their site to see for yourself! Your webpage and your music are very beautiful.