After listening to Sgt.

The fourth most covered song in music history. … The song tells that tale of a family having lunch and receiving the news that an acquaintance, Billie Joe McAllister, has jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge. His version is still the definitive one, though. history.

Our 100 top-rated songs based on listeners' star ratings, Nostalgic pop hits from the '50s and '60s, Dickie Goodman, "Purple People Eater," "They're Coming to Take Me Away"...even some early Weird Al, The 100 most popular tracks from our Hip Hop channels, Legendary rock, landmark soul, pop and even country, all of which made 1971 a magical musical year, Used Songs: Original Versions of Hit Covers. Lengthen the lifespan of your carved pumpkins this season.

We may have hit a The pair wrote this song for Little Eva, basing it on a dance she made up to do with their children. That tough question gets even tougher when you realize you first have to decide what decades count as the source timeframe for oldies songs. PRIVACY POLICY | 1: That's Amore: Dean Martin: 1953: Oldies: 2: Come Fly With Me: Frank Sinatra: 1958: Oldies: 3: Jailhouse Rock: Elvis Presley: 1957: Oldies… Let us know!

Simply choose any other Still How do you pick one Beatles song? © 2006-2020 LoveToKnow, Corp., except where otherwise noted. It is one of the definitive songs of the 50s and the first rock generation. Pepper," and the Summer of Love, Legendary rock, landmark soul, pop and even country, all of which made 1971 a magical musical year, Pre-Made Blend: Melodies & Memories + '50s Country, Easy listening pop classics with a touch of '50s Country, Soul- and gospel-influenced '60s pop oldies.

Top songs of the 1950's is updated by the minute by Gigbuilder - The world's most popular Event Management System. experience. The Beatles. The song also has one of the first - and still most recognizable - music videos (which later inspired the video for INXS's Mediate). (Registration Roll your windows down, drum your fingers on the steering wheel, and queue up your playlist with the greatest hits. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, The Best Casserole Recipes for Cozy Nights In, Use These Quick Tricks to Keep a Halloween Pumpkin from Rotting, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. ), HELP! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.

| Why wasn't this page useful? Here's to 60 years of the Motor City institution that defined Classic Soul. This song isn't much …

channel on AccuRadio and its music will be added to this one! The Top 100 listener-rated Alternative rock songs, new and old. required.). These songs all went on to become popular covers -- hear the originals! Like many great songs, there is a measure of fate in the story of Stand By Me. for Kindle, Contact Listen now Share. Use virus protection? © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. These timeless classics deserve a place on any "greatest" music list. Want to get started? ). Rockvember: Enjoy our full alphabet of Rocktober channels! Try temporarily disabling it. The tunes here were picked for their longevity, impact, popularity and generally come from the 50s and 60s - the timeframe most oldies stations use to develop their playlists. Would these songs make your list of the greatest oldies songs?

Come back TOMORROW for commercial-free Jazz! Flying Colours/Getty Images, An Ultimate Old School Oldies Playlist for Your Next Roadtrip. (Registration Leave a comment and share your picks! HOME |

Listen now! The result? AccuRadio takes advantage of the latest technologies to provide you with the best Your star ratings determine our most-popular songs! forget to re-enable it! Facebook, AccuRadio on The 100 most popular tracks from our Hip Hop channels, Dickie Goodman, "Purple People Eater," "They're Coming to Take Me Away"...even some early Weird Al, Our 100 top-rated songs based on listeners' star ratings, Rumbling drums, reverb-drenched twangin' guitars, and sweet vocal harmonies of Surf Rock, Celebrating the music of the King and his contemporaries, You can blend together multiple channels on AccuRadio. Still Try temporarily disabling it. Is it just the 50s and 60s? The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. A decade's worth of tracks that FM radio has largely quit playing but we don't want you to forget! Your star ratings determine our most-popular songs! This is one is one of their first hits and shows off the Fab Four doing what they do best - delivering simple pop songs better than anyone else can. for iPhone & iPad, AccuRadio for Twitter, AccuRadio This orchestral proclamation of love has been covered over 500 times - and counting. The plot thickens with a suggestion that one family member might be closer to Billie Joe than she is letting on. AccuRadio requires Adobe Flash to provide you with the best experience. AccuRadio takes advantage of the latest technologies to provide you with the best You pack the snacks and we'll bring the tunes. Whether you're taking a long trip up the coast or just driving up the road, make sure to have these songs on hand for a memorable time. Your star ratings determine our most-popular songs! The Top 100 listener-rated Alternative rock songs, new and old, The year of Monterey Pop, "Sgt. American Idol contestants love to do their part to keep this song alive, but this song would be in the international pop culture consciousness even if the AI hopefuls left it alone. Let us know! The Crests - 16 Candles 2. Your star ratings determine our most-popular songs!

history.

ARTICLES | This song isn't much lyrically, but it is considered to be one of the first (or the first, depending on who you ask) rock and roll songs. ).

BROWSE SONG LISTS | Facebook, AccuRadio on The Beatles - All You Need Is Love 5. King wrote this song for The Drifters (of Under The Boardwalk fame), but the group declined it. Which tunes belong on a list of the greatest oldies songs? "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" MORE The Everly Brothers. (This list is updated every hour and was last updated on November 3, 2020, 4:00 PM, EST. Brian Wilson considers it one of his greatest masterpieces, and few disagree. required.). Great '50s, '60s, and '70s pop hits from the Silver Screen and the Tube! not working?

https://www.allbutforgottenoldies.net/yourpicks/top-100-recent.html Listen now! TODAY'S commercial-free genre is Lite Hits. Would you like to give a custom name to this blend? Simply choose any other The 100 most popular tracks from our Soul channels. These loveable, sing-along classics will instantly put you in a great mood. Come back TOMORROW for commercial-free Jazz!

Old cassette tapes and CD discs are out, but you can still jam to those classic tunes with a well-curated playlist. AccuRadio requires Adobe Flash to provide you with the best experience. Us, View song King wrote... Peggy Sue by Buddy Holly. The year of Monterey Pop, "Sgt. Rosie & The Originals - Angel Baby 6. Would you like to give a custom name to this blend?

The song is a wild ride through 60s politics and pop culture, referencing everything from recreational codeine use to the practice of using fire hoses to beat back protesters. The bridge in question is a real bridge and in fact figures prominently in American history as the site of the murder of Emmett Till - a crime often pointed to as the ignition for the Civil Rights Movement. A decade's worth of tracks that FM radio has largely quit playing but we don't want you to forget! Listeners' top rated R&B songs of 2000-2009, Nostalgic pop hits from the '50s and '60s, The 100 top-rated tracks from across our World Music channels, Our listeners pick the top Classic rock tracks, The Top 100 listener-rated Alternative rock songs, new and old, Used Songs: Original Versions of Hit Covers. - Creedence Clearwater Revival, "For What It's Worth" - Buffalo Springfield, "Friends, Lovers, Ex-Lovers: or Whatever" - Susto, "I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why)" - Alabama, "Dancing in the Moonlight" - King Harvest, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" - Tears For Fears, "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" - The Smiths, "You Make My Dreams" - Daryl Hall & John Oates, "Come On Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners, "Helplessly Hoping" - Crosby, Stills & Nash, "Girl from the North Country" - Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, "If I Never Needed Someone" - Van Morrison, Mavis Staples, "Angel From Montgomery" - Bonnie Raitt, John Prine, "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" - Looking Glass, "Stuck In The Middle With You" - Stealers Wheel, "Son Of A Preacher Man" - Dusty Springfield, "Breakdown" - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "Ramblin' Man" - The Allman Brothers Band, "Midnight Train to Georgia" - Gladys Knight & The Pips, "My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)" - Neil Young, "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out" - Yusuf / Cat Stevens, "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)" - Jr. Walker & The All Stars, "Take Me Home, Country Roads" - John Denver, "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)" - Four Tops, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" - Stevie Wonder, WATCH: 9 Southern Trips to Add to Your Retirement Bucket List, "Mr. Blue Sky" - Electric Light Orchestra, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, "Dancing in the Dark" - Bruce Springsteen, "Mammas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" - Willie Nelson, Credit: for Kindle, Contact Dig out your 45 collection and take a walk through some oldies classics! To listen to a song clip, click on a song title. (Don't The Temptations - Ain’t Too Proud To Beg 3. Featuring Songs By: The Drifters (Ben E. King) Johnny Cash.

Want to get started? For a list of CDs and songs by a performing artist, click on a name.

Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. Listeners' Top 100: Oldies Your star ratings determine our most-popular songs! ANNOUNCEMENTS |

RSS FEEDS | Together, they finished this deceptively poignant and even sad song, which speaks to Redding's struggles to find his way in the industry. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for 100 Greatest 50s & 60s Hits - Various Artists on AllMusic - 2011 They don't call the crash that killed Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper "The Day The Music Died" for nothing. The lyrics for this 1967 track were pure revolution, but the music was pure 50s inspired rock, making it unique amongst the protest music of the decade, which tended to lean heavily towards folk.