The Pacer was one of the first Strat-style guitars sold stock in multiple versions with a humbucker in the bridge position. These were made until 1990. Yet the features that made the Baretta different from the old Pacer Custom were subtle and numerous. This was made from 1982–84 and is often referred to as the "chicken" or "beak" headstock. Just checking out a few Kramers from the mid-80s. The most significant result of Kramer and Eddie Van Halen’s collaboration was the Baretta, introduced in 1983. But much like the bands who played these guitars, succumbing to ‘80s excess would prove to be Kramer’s fatal flaw. Oops, looks like you forgot something. The visual design of the Elliot Easton is as steeped in the '80s color palette and Futurism as it is in classic '50s guitar shapes. Seems they, Info on a 1986 E6xxx Japanese stratocaster. 1986 Kramer Pacer Custom 1 value. This means that John kept the guitar for at least 5 years, even though by then he switched to playing Fender Stratocasters almost exclusively. John Frusciante’s 1986/87 Kramer Pacer Custom II This was the only guitar that John had with him when he first joined the Red Hot Chili Peppers back in 1988. Learn More, We understand the importance of online privacy and are committed to complying with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The M and R in Kramer look different to me. Tool holder on back of the neck is there and has correct size tools Body is a beautiful Flip-Flop Metallic Blue finish. As far as the exact model, the closest possibility seems to be the Kramer Pacer Custom II. However, by 1984, the Floyd Rose had taken over. Your awesome guitar was built in 1984, and it is worth $625 in that condition.

Good condition items function properly but may exhibit some wear and tear. Sparky2. Would like to know the value. Thanks, Sparky. custom. It was made between 1986 and 1989. The Pacer Custom II had one hum and two single coils. Can someone tell me whats up with the logo on the headstock. As always - thanks!!!! I'm playing Bobby's '86 Kramer Pacer Imperial. The Pacer is probably the most commonly known Kramer, and it is probably the first guitar you think of when you hear the name Kramer. 1999 Fender Silver Sparkle Stratocaster ("Can't Stop"), 1960s Fender Jaguar (white, Roland synth), Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 Stereo Power Amp, Red Hot Chili Peppers John Anson Ford Theater October 8, 1988. Thanks in advance!

This guitar featured three humbuckers with gold-surrounds on a Strat-style body with a Floyd Rose tremolo. The Kramer Pacer is a rock icon.

As always - thanks!!!! The Kramer Pacer is a guitar series made by Kramer Guitars from the beginning of the Kramer wooden neck period to the company’s bankruptcy in 1990. Coming hot on the heels of the so-called Lawsuit Era in Japan—when factories were turning out high-quality copies of American guitar designs—the early 1981 to 1983 Pacer necks owe a lot to the ones on classic Stratocasters, featuring a shape similar to an old school Fender C. In 1984, Kramer would transition to a thinner, boat profile until those necks got to maximum shred levels post-’86. Germany, Like the early Pacer Customs, these had Strat-style bodies with a single bridge humbucker. This was done to address the addition of the original Floyd Rose tremolo. Kramer kicked off the ‘80s switching from their USA-made aluminum necks to mostly Japanese-made wood necks, quickly establishing itself as the premier global guitar brand in terms of quality and sales.

(Dan). This seller has not set a shipping cost for Germany.

EUR The Pacer Carrera had two black hums and was made from 1982 to 1986. Kramer’s shift to a Jackson-style, pointy headstock in 1986 alienated much of its die-hard fan base. I am now looking at the same model & color, even cleaner but from 1987, serial E8905 - can you give me the value on that as well (please). Later, the headstock took on a "pointy" profile, similar to that of the competitors of the day. It was made between 1983 and 1987.

Sure, Kramers were all over hair metal videos and came in a variety of absolutely absurd finishes, but a great guitar is a great guitar and it’s likely only a matter of time before Kramer values skyrocket. There was quite a bit of variation with the headstocks, neck shapes (C to Boat to Shredder), nut widths, tonewoods, pickups (Schaller to Seymour Duncan), electronics (stereo string panning, coil-splitting, hidden pickups), tremolos, and hardware. Kramer Pacer Custom II 1986 Kramer Pacer Custom II Electric Guitar with Gotoh Tuners and Real deal Floyd Rose Tremolo. This was the only guitar that John had with him when he first joined the Red Hot Chili Peppers back in 1988. The prices on these can fluctuate a decent amount, so it’s possible to get an Elliot Easton for a steal if you keep your eyes peeled. The Ripley Stereo guitar an out-of-this-world technical creation, but people rarely talk about it. Walker Pacers tended to have headstocks painted to match the body, while most of the early beak Kramer Pacers were maple-faced. At NAMM 1986, Kramer signaled a move toward metal guitars with the flashy, intergalactic Triax and Enterprize guitars. These guitars tend to age gorgeously and combined classic Fender stylings with Kramer’s construction innovations.

The first models generally donned one-piece maple necks with skunk stripes. Then, when Fender threatened to sue, they changed to a head known as the classic head. While many of the Kramers from this time are quality instruments, others are not so much.

But Eddie and customers alike had some issues with the Rockinger, thanks to its brass-on-brass construction, which made for unstable tuning and early wear. After that point, it became uncommon to see a Kramer guitar (more specifically, a Pacer or Baretta) with a maple fingerboard or even a one-piece maple neck, unless it was a custom guitar. It was made between 1983 and 1987. Details: Kramer Pacer All Black Model, J. Frog Guitars Offers A similar guitar with better specs and more options called the Glock 22.

In case you want to talk to me privatly, please use the contact form and I will get back to you as soon as possible. In 1982, Kramer switched to its classic beak headstock with a Kramer logo. I sold it to Bobby in '88 after I became fully entrenched in the new Ibanez models (RG, JEM, etc). The Pacer Imperial had two humbuckers and was made from 1981 to 1989. Play... What is a Fender DG-7 model made in USA worth? For one, when the Pacer debuted, it came out under the Walker brand (Kramer’s original wooden-neck brand) sporting a Walker decal on its Fender Strat-style headstock.

Share Share Share 45mm nut width. By 1986/87 when the model was first introduced, Kramer already started using pointy headstocks, so John’s guitar must have been one of a kind.