However, if another AC-related problem occurs, the repair may take a little longer. You can also do it yourself, but the result may suffer if you do not do it. Unfortunately the vacuum pump didn’t arrive with the gages. An AC recharge keeps your air conditioning system in top condition.

I have been working with cars since I was 16 and I’m specialized with in-depth Automotive diagnostics. You also enjoy the benefits of an AC system that works like it should every time, providing cold air when you need it and keeping your car comfortable. Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community. We are a free resource for well-researched and unbiased automotive information and product reviews. Labor costs are estimated between $123 and $155. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Recharging with the wrong type or incorrectly filling the coolant will ruin your system. Your refrigerant is low, in which case, you would see your air to be hotter than normal.If you were having a part changed. If you need a recharge, you probably have a leak. It’s no emergency to have your AC system recharged. What maintenance should regularly have done to avoid huge expenses. That’s why this isn’t considered a DIY job, and you should not try to save money by recharging the system on your own. We were so happy when we got the product because the vacuum as well as the AC manifold and hoses itself looks like the expensive ones but when we are about to charge the AC with Freon, we have to buy a new set of R 134 a hoses at Auto Parts Warehouse for an additional $50. Home AC Freon removal can cost anywhere from $100 to $300 depending on the professional. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in.

You can pay as much as $160 for labor, depending on the kind of car you have.

You can only save a few dollars by comparing the prices of different technicians in your area. Evac and charge is a three-step procedure for changing the refrigerant in your system. The air it produces will be colder, and you will protect the rest of your AC system and the surrounding car parts from overheating and other types of damage. The average for AC Recharge is $150, Copyright Auto Service Costs © 2020. ZENY 3.5CFM Single-Stage Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump for HVAC/Auto AC Refrigerant Recharging w/ R134a AC A/C Manifold Gauge Set Combo 4.5 out of 5 stars 254 $96.99 $ 96 . My A/C broke in my car and my usual car place wants to charge me $120 for an evac. They just said it'll give them more information. Recharging your home air conditioner runs $150 on average. Your website has been very helpful. You may not be able to save much, but a good deal could prove fruitful in the long run. These leaks must be sealed before the new refrigerant is added. The lesser vacuum achieved by your pump will dictate the longer vacuuming times to achieve desired results. A/C Recharge Services at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

At the car dealership, the expense can vary from $250 to $400, depending once again on labor rates, and the quantity of refrigerant needed.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'thepricer_org-box-4','ezslot_12',127,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'thepricer_org-box-4','ezslot_13',127,'0','1'])); All vehicle stores in the United States excel in dealing with Air Conditioner Freon charges as it’s a basic troubleshooting process for non-working a/c systems. If the cold air from your air conditioner gradually decreases, it means that the refrigerant levels have naturally become low. Most homes have anywhere from a ½ ton to 5 tons. The current HVAC standard coolant, r410a, costs about $3-$8 per pound. I’m here to give you answers to all your automotive questions and I hope that you enjoy our content. You can pay as much as $160 for labor, depending on the kind of car you have. Let’s start by specifying that Freon, as it’s commonly called, is a refrigerant brand name, the same way as Kleenex is a facial tissue brand name. We offer an A/C Evacuate and Recharge, where we void the air conditioning system of old refrigerant and then recharge the system with new refrigerant. Pricing also depends on the type your system uses: To complicate things, older r22 systems can’t use r410a due to pressure differences. A 25lb jug of r410a runs $75 to $175.Labor adds an average $70 per hour. We offer an A/C Evacuate and Recharge, where we void the air conditioning system of old refrigerant and then recharge the system with new refrigerant. Mechanicbase is a blog created for all car and automotive lovers.

Once the parts have been evacuated, he will replace them and remove all the air from the system. You’ll need 2-4 pounds per ton of AC cooling. The equipment used for recharging is usually readily available from an AC technician’s workshop. These can be utilized to recharge your Air Conditioning, however, special care needs to be utilized while going for the Do It Yourself set for charging.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'thepricer_org-leader-1','ezslot_7',130,'0','0'])); Air Conditioner systems run at pressures of as much as 500 psi, and severe injury might occur if a line ruptures. The most commonly seen R134a refrigerant costs between $75-150 at your general independent repair work center, depending upon system capability and just how much refrigerant your automobile has actually lost.