If using antibacterial/antimicrobial soap, take a clean cotton ball and apply the soap to it. Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. I also reblog photos of beautiful body modifications. This information is required for the troubleshooting process.

infected piercings and bactine ? and yea its definitely irriatated from trauma but one of them is definitely infected..i just wanna try to treat the infection myself before i prob have go to the doctor. before i make an appt at the doctors.. Simple rinses with warm water and/or sterile saline will work just fine.

No!

Treat it like it's a new piercing, sterile saline spray twice a day and pat dry with non woven gauze. Bactine is terrible for healing piercings, it even says on the bottle it isn’t meant for puncture wound!

Tags: piercings nose piercing Bactine Protex healing aftercare saline soaks disinfectant antibacterial soap antimicrobial soap body mods advice body modification piercing advice. Submit photos, stories or your own personal advice! Powered by Tumblr. I've had the skin below my clavicals pierced for almost a year and they recently got real infected. They dry out the fistula and kill the healing skin cells. Taking a shower and cleaning your piercings with water is fine i just wouldnt hold your head under water (like a bath or pool) because there can be harmful bacteria in pools of water. Cartilage piercings, which take place on the harder part of your ear, generally take longer to heal and can be more prone to infection. Any help would be great, thanks. I want to try a sea salt soak to try and heal them but how exactly do I do it? You should find yourself a more knowledgeable professional piercer. You should be using a mild, unscented antibacterial or antimicrobial soap or saline soaks. Stop using the Bactine and Protex immediately. Stop with the Bactine immediately! By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Want to show off your mods? And do I put it on a towel or what? Take a q-tip soaked in warm water and use this to gently remove any dried blood or lymph from the jewelry. For piece of mind, you can contact your piercer to ask what to do or your doctor if you're worried about infection.

That could be a contributing factor to the ongoing issues, surgical steel. Sea salt soak for infected surface piercings? At 4 years, they should be very well healed, so this is most likely just irritation from the trauma. Keep the area dry and do not touch it with unwashed hands. Rinse in warm water. They should be fully healed by now so likely irritation from the dog knocking them. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

Minimal Theme designed by Artur Kim. i have had both of my nipples pieced for the past 4 years and i think my dog laying on my chest and then jumping off kind of yanked/irritated them quite a bit...ive been using sea salt soaks for a while but they come back every now and again, would using bactine on it be useful ?? Afterwards, rinse the piercing in clean, warm water. Thank you for posting to r/piercing.It seems like you're asking about a piercing problem. If this is the case, please be sure to include: the age of your piercing, the shape of jewelry, the threading style (internal or external), jewelry material, and your aftercare routine.

My ask is always open and anon is available. See our safe care and visitor guidelines, plus trusted coronavirus information. If this does not apply to your post, please disregard. It also temporarily relieves pain & itching from minor cuts, scrapes and burns. Treat it like it's a new piercing, sterile saline spray twice a day and pat dry with non woven gauze. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. COVID-19 updates. My piercer told me he recommends for every piercing the same stuff for cleaning, is it okay?

If using saline solutions, mix your solution to the ratio of 1/4tsp non-iodized sea salt to 1 cup water and soak the piercing for 1-3 minutes.