I love to travel and write home about it. Your guide takes you by boat to this extinct, partially submerged volcanic crater to swim with tropical fish and rays. Took us about 2 hours, including some stops to swim. Our most popular tours and activities. The Pipiwei (sp) trail was the highl, Your first challenge will be finding where the hike starts. This is definitely a must do! Overgrown with bamboo but that just makes it feel more like an adventure. Once your in there is an immediate drop (mud, rocks). So if you want to go to a Bamboo Forest go to the other one in between mile markers 6 and 7 of same highway. If you like to enjoy nature in solitude, and if you are looking for the most enjoyable bamboo forest hiking experience, get to the park early.

We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site.

You will walk along the left of the waterfall and the 2nd is not far away with a bigger swimming pool. May 12, 2015. Should You Do Haleakala Sunrise AND Road to Hana in the Same Day? For more information call EMI at 579-9516. many different trails MOST lead to the same place but you can definitely get lost here. From there you will hike through a fair amount of the bamboo forest before continuing on to the falls. Very fun trail. Snorkel multiple Maui sights with a guide, including Maui’s Molokini Crater, which has 180 feet (55 meters) of underwater visibility.

I have no info on that one as we drove right by it going to Oheo Gulch, but this website has plenty of good reviews on it. Where shoes you will be OK with getting muddy. We made it up to the second waterfall as the ladder/rope climb was a little too much for my wife. Trail is dog friendly but I would not take my dog past the 1st fall. Note: This hike is on private EMI property. We don't hike much, but we were able to get through it so I think most people can.

Full of adventure. January 1, 2015. Bamboo Forest Waterfalls [FERMÉ / PROPRIÉTÉ PRIVÉE] est un sentier aller-retour de 1.8 kilomètres très fréquenté situé près de Haiku, Maui en Hawaii. Just beautiful towering bamboo and you will be rewared with the waterfall and pool at the end. Banyan Tree near Makahiku Falls (Credit: Lisa Bettany) Follow Us. As Cook sailed down Maui’s northeastern coastline, a royal double-hulled canoe approached from the Hana coastline. In 2019, over 3 million people visited Maui (1).

TIL the first European explorer to see Hawaii was Captain James Cook on Nov. 26, 1778, when he and his two ships anchored offshore of Kahului.

Many of the regulars (and a few people wearing inappropriate footwear) opted to hike in bare feet; seemed to work out for them. Those pictures show the rainbow trees, hikers crossing a piece of plank wood, and wide open pools where the water isn't really flowing.