And I ate at some other cool places in NYC, but Shake Shack was the only place that really lived up the hype. Plus they use a good soft, sweeter, bun so I'm sold.

I need to do a side/side to test that theory. Shake Shack was tasty but for the price I'll take something else locally. Press J to jump to the feed. And I ate at some other cool places in NYC, but Shake Shack was the only place that really lived up the hype. Their plain cheesecake is my weakness. Below Steak and Shake?

Chikfila - For me comes in at 2nd. Facebook.

I think Steak & Shake has awful milkshakes.

Shake Shack, In-and-Out, Culvers, Whataburger etc. THe burgers I had at Shake Shack were probably the most expensive out of all of them, but damn they were good. DQ in California is kind of shitty. Their shakes are decent but not stand out amazing which kind of surprised me. I think the quality is better then 5 Guys burger wise, but french fry wise, 5 guys is better. You are right about their burgers.

Shakes, curly fries, and ranch are the only reason I go there. You can't go wrong with a Smoke Shack and cheese fries. Best flavors: banana, banana cream pie, coconut cream pie, Oreo cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake (you really can't go wrong with any of them though). The worst app I've used -- and I'm still addicted. Jack In the Box: 8/10. DQ: 8.5/10. Not bad in a pinch, but the chocolate syrup taste too often overpowers the taste of milk and ice cream. Sonic: 8/10. shake. Don’t know what type of cheese they use on the fries but it’s definitely extra delicious. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. (I've not had In-n-Out yet). Shake Shack. I'm making a note about the bacon though! Arby's I've never had their shakes, but I've heard good things about the Jamocha(?) which puts them around a Five Guys / Farm Burger (B+) for my tastes. Tasted great though. Peach is in season. The Smoke Shack is a great tasting burger- although a little pricy. I'm probably forgetting a few. So...what am I missing at the Shack? Similar to a classic diner shake, good balance of flavors and textures. Wendy's Frostys are classic and cheap can't go wrong with either flavor. I was a little disappointed by the offering here, from a restaurant with "shake" in its name. One of the pricier options on the list, unfortunately. I prefer Five Guys fries. I give them an edge over Five Guys but I may have to do a side by side to know for sure.

Yes, it's $10, and their fries and everything else are just okay...but if I had to choose one burger to eat if I was hit was a huge burger craving I'm getting that one. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Now I live a 20 minute drive to the only one in the state and I never make it there. I came home and went to Culver's the next day and was happier. Certainly better than I can craft at home! So I assume their shakes wouldn't be bad.

I put them ahead of Steak and Shake but slightly behind Farm Burger. Sonic isn't bad depending on who makes it, I've had really good ones and some that maybe were mixed wrong?

rising. Kind of jealous of what you guys have in Texas. I like the taste of malted milk balls, and when they use the powder they remind me of that. Burger: Good, worthy of going back for more experimentation...Chicken Sandwich: Skippable.Fries: Average.Shack Sauce: Worthy of another try... Shakes: Good, but not stand out. Avoid if possible.

Shake Shack - The Best Burger Place in the World r/ shakeshack. hot. What is a MUST get next time? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I loved the watermelon shake when I had one last summer. Put it half a step above McDonald's, but behind JITB. Steak N Shake: 7/10.

But the cost… Culvers wins there by a lot. Posted by 7 hours ago. Similar to a Sonic shake, maybe just half-a-step down in terms of overall quality. Sometimes can be poorly mixed. The chicken dog at Shake Shack is simply something that should not exist. Interesting. I was a little disappointed by the offering here, from a restaurant with "shake" in its name.

Sonic.

You can also mix and match flavors which is great. awesome post! Whataburger.

They go excellent with one of their burgers, but it is a pretty rich shake, and very creamy. The /r/FastFood subreddit is for news, reviews, and discussions of fast food (aka quick-service), fast casual, and casual restaurants -- covering everything fast food from multinational chains, regional and local chains, indelendent and chain cafeterias and all-you-can-eat restaurants, independent and chain diners, independent hole-in-the-wall restaurants, convenience store and gas station prepared food, food trucks and food carts, the neighborhood taqueria, street vendors, etc. I put them below Five Guys, below Steak n Shake, even below Wendy's Hot n Juicy. Del Taco does have an awesome shake. I agree with your picks. McDonalds use have good shakes they've just got lazy and don't do things with quality, If your favorite flavor is vanilla, try chick fil a.