9 comments.

Get answers by asking now. You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.

This thread is archived.

Why are the people with the worst tastes in music always the ones blasting it with their car windows open?

Here's a look, in no particular order, at some of the finest singles of the '80s featuring both-gender singing partnerships. It would be great to read more concerning this theme. Lethal Weapon, I Spy, Psych, 48 hours, I'm now bored of thinking of this. Any suggestions would be great! The male-female duet works as a highly dramatic form, and perhaps that's why it's so often linked with filmed entertainment, particularly cinematic releases.

I don't think they were very mainstream. ? Press J to jump to the feed.

60% Upvoted. Solo male vocalists in all areas of music (pop, rhythm and blues, country, jazz, folk, etc.)

Any suggestions would be great!

& Rakim was groundbreaking. The Low End Theory was good too, cause of the found link between jazz and rap. And, on the plus side, it's really easy to dress up as a doctor and a surgeon. Joining with Richard, a British pop legend with plenty of pedigree himself, Newton-John delivers a silky smooth if not challenging brand of romantic pop. Don’t forget to leave a comment below on who you think is the best white hip hop artist of all time. share. Name a female singer with a deep or raspy voice ?

BQ: J. Cole's Friday Night Lights 9/10.

During the early '80s, Kenny Rogers was the duet partner du jour for a number of female performers thanks to his massive country-pop crossover success. Naturally, it's impossible to get through a top 10 list of male-female duets without considering at least a few movie soundtrack entries. It was a hip-hop style group, with one black guy and one white guy in it. When this song shot to No. As the result of enthusiastic fan response and serendipity, the song received a second look on the charts, climbing to No. And although this one remains squarely in the shadow of more prominent silver screen duets of the period like "Up Where We Belong" and "Endless Love," it holds its own quite well as pleasant romantic balladry for when the credits roll. This collection is about the 25 greatest white rappers in the world. Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy in Shrek (this would be a fun costume). Dan Akroyd/Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson from Ghostbusters. What microphone would you recommend to me? I don't think I can come up with ten. This thread is archived. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It's difficult to remember this once the slick and almost soul-free production kicks in, but this is decidedly adult material even if most of the starch is taken out of it. It was a hip-hop style group, with one black guy and one white guy in it.

I think the white guy played a keytar but I don't remember for sure. Still, '80s music contains some particularly memorable examples of this phenomenon.

save. And The Kid was there for him every step of the way.

It was most likely the album that popularized use of the Funky Drummer James Brown sample. By their very nature, duets tend to be sappy, but this one's course toward becoming a monster hit is particularly coated in sentimentality. But more than anything else Bishop has captured a timeless melody whose permanence extends out from its solid structural qualities. The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 469 total.

A pretty respectable late-'80s hair metal moment. Fleetwood Mac chanteuse Stevie Nicks' trademark raspy, sultry delivery contrasts interestingly with Eagles mainstay Henley's smooth, high tenor, spotlighting the somewhat heavy-handed but effective metaphor of the title in lyrics like these: "Sometimes I'm a strong man, sometimes cold and scared, and sometimes I cry.".

My friend and I (I'm black, he's white) have been invited to a costume party and need some ideas. However, we choose this one because Rogers' chemistry with the previously all-pop Kim Carnes (who also co-wrote the song) is surprisingly engaging. ? Thanx for posting that information. In doing so, he crafted a syrupy but highly melodic minor classic that mines the universally affecting subjects of love, loss and longing.

The popular book series and HBO show "Game of Thrones" is best known for its dragons and zombie-like white walkers, but in a world of death, betrayal, and war, female characters like Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) and Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) have proved to be indestructible. My friend and I (I'm black, he's white) have been invited to a costume party and need some ideas. Any ideas? What do you think of the answers? This duo knew a little something about making a hit record, reaching #2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and earning a Grammy award for best pop performance by a duo or group in 1990. Any male lead singer or member of a group or duo is ineligible for inclusion, qualifying instead for the Top 100 Music Groups and/or Music Duos lists. Some of the most successful songs performed by white singers are songs written and/ or performed by Black singers. "Act Of War" is a 1985 rock-flavoured duet between Elton John and Millie Jackson (intended originally for Tina Turner). Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. The appeal of pop music duets with both male and female singers has never been particularly susceptible to the rise-and-fall trends of decades or musical eras, thriving quite consistently across genres. haha. I couldn't have done this. WMBF Duets (White Male / Black Female) Act Of War -ELTON JOHN & MILLIE JACKSON (1985) All Of You -JULIO IGLESIAS & DIANA ROSS (1984) As -GEORGE MICHAEL & MARY J. BLIGE (1999) Perhaps, not many fans of this lovely, achingly slow ballad know that its songwriter is '70s pop singer-songwriter, Stephen Bishop. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. i love to sing but i really need to improve.. very shabby any . Richard Pryor & Gene Wilder from Silver Streak. maybe your talking about "Shwayze" they made the song Corona and lime? Album Cover Image Courtesy of Atlantic Records, Top Soft Rock or Adult Contemporary '80s Artists, Kenny Rogers and Kim Carnes - "Don't Fall in Love with a Dreamer", Lita Ford and Ozzy Osbourne - "Close My Eyes Forever", Stevie Nicks and Don Henley - "Leather and Lace", Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - "Surrender to Me", Peter Cetera and Amy Grant - "The Next Time I Fall", Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin - "Separate Lives", Patti Austin and James Ingram - "Baby Come to Me", Olivia Newton-John and Cliff Richard - "Suddenly". If you go to the website there's a lot more music than just the EP on iTunes (The Preview) if you're interested in Chiddy and Xaphoon. Could I have this kiss forever - Enrique inglasius and Whitney houston. In 2009, Guinness World Records cited her as the most awarded female act of all time. The Blueprint by Jay Z also had brilliant sampling too, in which Kanye used vocal samples that he would gain critical praise for.

report.

They had one song where the music video showed them on a playground. From synth pop to varying styles of post-punk and alternative music, artists from England were busy on the '80s mainstream as well as its cutting edge.In the process, they released much memorable music that commands rabid fandom still today. In 2009, Guinness World Records cited her as the most awarded female act of all time. are included on this list. are included on this list. My friend and I (I'm black, he's white) have been invited to a costume party and need some ideas. This makes up quite nicely for the relatively vapid lyrics that don't really say much, as the main attraction clearly turns out to be the pleasing way hard rock legends Ford (worlds away from her '70s stint in The Runaways) and Ozzy Osbourne actually sound together. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The outlaw duo are the complete male version of Bonnie and Clyde, in almost every way. I remember their songs being clean. Pages in category "African-American musical groups" The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 469 total. Consequently, there are a number of duets featuring that grey-bearded wonder that could easily crack this list.