All Free. Displayed at right is the web colour sky blue. Astronomers study the movements of the celestial vault. [3], The Italian Wikipedia cites Il dizionario dei colori: nomi e valori in quadricromia by S.Fantetti and C.Petracchi and describes multiple variants of Celeste as shown below, plus details as defined in the infobox above.[4]. I always loved the name Celeste! According to a user from Virginia, U.S., the name Celeste is of Welsh origin and means "Hidden sister". Type the words "Sky Blue" into the indicated window on the Pantone Color Finder and the colour will appear. Me compré una falda que combina bien con el celeste. The "Mary Celeste", famous ghost ship found abandoned in the Atlantic Ocean in 1872, although she had an experienced crew and the weather was good. But most other people commented that it was very pretty. I love it as well because not every other kid has her name. It means heavenly and is very feminine. Celeste is a pretty universal name in terms of pronunciation, and can be said easily in French, English, Spanish etc. if you want to make an omelet you have to break some eggs. Find words for celeste in English in this Spanish-English dictionary. Celeste Bonin, former WWE Diva under the ring name Kaitlyn, Queen Celeste, Babar the elephant's wife and cousin The source of this colour is the "Pantone Textile Paper eXtended (TPX)" colour list, color #14-4318 TPX—Sky Blue.[14]. In Spanish, people pronounce my name (Celeste-ay). I also always get compliments on my name, everyone says how beautiful and unique it is. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Celeste is "heavenly". Look at the sky blue dress she is wearing, it's beautiful. Discussions about 'celeste' in the Sólo Español forum, ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term, El que quiera azul celeste, que le cueste. Whenever people react to my name, they always say I may name my little girl Celeste someday. En la esfera celeste se proyectan los astros del universo. See Google Translate's machine translation of 'celeste'. According to a user from Wyoming, U.S., the name Celeste means "Sky blue". People still mispronounce it often but I don't mind correcting them :). I named my 2nd daughter Celeste Mackenzie. It is vary beautiful and different and you don't hear of it all the time like the way overused Maddie, Sophia, ect. ----, My name is Celeste and as others have mentioned, it is a name you grow into. Juan Carlos Sanz, a colour dictionary published in 2005 that is widely popular in the Hispanophone realm. Spanish. Celeste (Spanish: [θeˈleste, se-], Italian: [tʃeˈlɛste], English: /sɪˈlɛst/) is the colloquial name for the pale turquoise blue colour. Derived from the French céleste which is from the Latin caelestis (celestial, heavenly). This colour was formulated by Crayola in 1958. Displayed at right is the web colour light sky blue. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. The Japanese equivalent is known as sora iro or mizudori, referring to the color of the sky or its reflection on the sea. It is close in shade to baby blue. Quien quiera azul celeste, que se acueste. The name Capri is still used for this colour as well as the name deep sky blue. Exemplos: la mesa, una tabla. [9] as it appears on a bright sunny day. "Celeste" named doll, Groovy Girls ---- My friend Celeste was my personal hero in middle school. Celeste is a softly pretty and somewhat quaint name with heavenly overtones, which kids might associate with Queen Celeste of Babar's elephant kingdom. Try the The traditional name for this colour is Capri. I really like the name Celeste. Mira el vestido azul celeste que lleva: es precioso. I bought a skirt that goes well with light blue. From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. Celeste, character on the "Six Feet Under" TV series, played by Michelle Trachtenberg (color azul claro) light blue, sky blue n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. "Sky blue" appears in the 32, 48, 64, 96 and 120 packs of crayons. She's a light and lovely choice that's finally getting noticed. I always hated it as a child, having to correct everyone on how to pronounce it got tiring and I wondered why I just couldn't have a normal name. "Celeste", German film about the life of Marcel Proust Is something important missing? One consideration is there aren't many good nicknames for Celeste. I did. Displayed at right is the colour dark sky blue. Traducir celeste de español a Inglés. Translation of 'Così celeste' by Zucchero (Adelmo Fornaciari) from Italian to English Deutsch English Español Français Hungarian Italiano Nederlands Polski Português (Brasil) Română Svenska Türkçe Ελληνικά Български Русский Српски العربية فارسی 日本語 한국어 Translate celeste into English. No one else had it and no one seemed to know how to spell it. Celeste has been in the Top 1000 every year since 1880. French Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in France. Var: Celestia. Its very unique. C eleste as a girls' name is pronounced seh-LEST. The masculine form Celestin was the name of … This tincture is sometimes also called ciel or simply celeste. This is the colour that is called sky blue in Crayola crayons. Las estrellas cubrieron la bóveda celeste. Looking for the perfect name? In Italian, as the name indicates (Celestial), it is an attempt to reproduce the colour of clear skies. "Celeste", song by Ralph Towner Anglicized form of Céleste (French), from Latin Caelestis, a popular name among early Christians. [2], Bleu celeste ("sky blue") is a rarely occurring tincture in heraldry (not being one of the seven main colours or metals or the three "staynard colours"). User Submitted Meanings. Become a WordReference Supporter to view the site ad-free. At right is displayed the colour French sky blue, which is the tone of sky blue that is called sky blue (bleu ciel) in the Pourpre.com colour list, a colour list widely popular in France. Now, I love it! "Celeste" a educational space doll that Doc borrows from her school in Disney's Junior "Doc McStuffins" In Spanish, people pronounce my name (Celeste-ay) Celeste is a pretty universal name in terms of pronunciation, and can be said easily in French, English, Spanish etc. namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. What does Celeste mean? Displayed at right is the colour medium sky blue. The younger Celeste was … They are the Being of Lights, often called Guardian Angels!. One consideration is there aren't many good nicknames for Celeste. A typical sample is shown for each name; a range of color-variations is commonly associated with each color-name. 'Wow what a beautiful name'. It is depicted in a lighter shade than the range of shades of the more traditional tincture azure, which is the standard blue used in heraldry. Gimnasia y Esgrima de Concepción del Uruguay. In English, this colour may also be referred to as Italian sky blue. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. Celeste Cid, Argentinian actress and director Celeste Cruz, of the American pop duo Daphne and Celeste Deep sky blue is an azure-cyan colour associated with deep shade of sky blue. The sense of this colour may have been first used in 1585 in a book by Nicolas de Nicolay where he stated "the tulbant[clarification needed] of the merchant must be skie coloured".[1]. When I was little, how I hated my name! WordReference English-Spanish Dictionary © 2020: Forum discussions with the word(s) "celeste" in the title: In other languages: French | Portuguese | Italian | German | Dutch | Swedish | Polish | Romanian | Czech | Greek | Turkish | Chinese | Japanese | Korean | Arabic. 1%. This colour is the colour on the colour wheel (RGB/HSV colour wheel) halfway between azure and cyan. Submit the origin and/or meaning of Celeste to us below. With this exceptional spark of light that connects to your Guardian Angel, she predicts what awaits you in your personal and professional life with a Free Angel Reading. Celeste - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. This is the colour called sky blue in Pantone. 2, p. 322, where John Nieuhoff describes certain flowers: "they are of a lovely sky blue colour, and yellow in the middle". The colour name deep sky blue for this colour did not come into use until the promulgation of the X11 colour list in 1987. web.forret.com Color Conversion Tool set to hex code of color #80DAEB (Medium Sky Blue): web.forret.com Color Conversion Tool set to hex code of color #00CCFF (Vivid Sky Blue): web.forret.com Color Conversion Tool set to hex code of color #77B5FE (French Sky Blue): web.forret.com Color Conversion Tool set to hex code of colour #8CBED6 (Dark Sky Blue): Pantone TPX Pantone Color Finder—Type the words "Sky Blue" into the indicated window on the Pantone Color Finder and the colour will appear: Linguistic relativity and the color naming debate, International Commission on Illumination (CIE), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sky_blue&oldid=986087557, Wikipedia pending changes protected pages, Wikipedia articles needing clarification from September 2019, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 29 October 2020, at 18:30. Celeste Headlee, co-host of NPR's The Takeaway [7], The first use of Capri as a colour name in English was in 1920.[8]. "Celeste" a frozen pizza company "Celeste" an angelic teddy bear owned by a girl named Angel from the "Maximum Ride" novels Report an error or suggest an improvement. Everyone tells me my name is 'beautiful' and 'unique'. Los astrónomos estudian los movimientos de la bóveda celeste. Help WordReference: Ask in the forums yourself. The name Celeste is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "heavenly". What are her siblings named? Know a Celeste? I absolutely love it now. Cel, Cele, Celly, Est, Este, Estty, Cece, Lest, Less, Lessie, Celty, Celestie, Cessie, Celetty, Lestie, Lesty, Elle, Ellie, celestypooh, Essie, Celes, Comes from the latin term Celestial which means Heavenly, or from the heavens, Celeste Holm, American actress Principal Translations: Spanish: English: celeste nf nombre femenino: Sustantivo de género exclusivamente femenino, que lleva los artículos la o una en singular, y las o unas en plural. Celeste definition: a feminine name: var . Celeste, one of the Stepford Cuckoos in the X-Men comics Sky blue is a colour that resembles the colour of the unclouded sky at noon (azure) reflecting off a metallic surface. Specifically, the colour Capri is named after the colour of the Blue Grotto on the island of Capri. Displayed at right is the colour vivid sky blue. The colour Capri in general is named for the azure-cyan colour of the Mediterranean Sea around the island of Capri off Italy, the site of several villas belonging to the Roman Emperor Tiberius, including his Imperial residence in his later years, the Villa Jovis. However, many writers had used the term "sky blue" to name a colour before Chambers. English words for azul celeste include azure and sky-blue. Celeste Angel Medium, also referred to as the « Princess of Light », knows the Prophecy of Angels. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! I have worked with two Celestes at different times lol and one was an elderly woman while the other was a young lady in her 20s and I feel like the name works for all ages. Celeste, character in the movie "Runnaway Jury"