But the wife of singer Daniel O’Donnell told how four years on from her initial diagnosis, she’s now more anxious than ever about the disease making a return. “She decided she is going to take charge of her hair going. Singer Daniel O’Donnell has revealed his wife plans to shave off her hair before she starts chemotherapy for breast cancer next month. "All your prayers, good wishes, donations, gifts, Mass cards, and sacred relics have been of great comfort to me. "I am now in hospital on day five after surgery for a double mastectomy with reconstruction. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Rescuers rush to save beached pilot whales. ‘It does make you stand back and realise that nothing is forever,’ the 54-year-old said of the effect the illness had on the family. In her message this week, she thanked the thousands of well-wishers who, she said, had been a great source of comfort to her. He grew up in Kincasslagh, in west Donegal, and during his career has made albums of country music, Irish folk, gospel music, and songs from the 1950s and 60s. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. I say, ‘Check the girls, check the girls, check the girls’. He has a loyal fan base, mostly made up of women, and is renowned for his approachable and affable manner. It is not yet known if she will also have to undergo radiation therapy, or if she will decide to undergo surgery to prevent the cancer reoccurring in the future, he added. The couple met while O'Donnell was on holiday in Tenerife in 1999. US election 2020 polls: Who is ahead - Trump or Biden? VideoRescuers rush to save beached pilot whales, Finding positivity in lockdown through photography, Bushfire koalas going back to the wild. “At the minute she is cutting her hair,” said O’Donnell. "What I want to tell you all, at this stage, is how very grateful I am to every one of you for everything you have done for me over the last few months," she said. Breast cancer survivor and the wife of singer Daniel O'Donnell, Majella reveals why she has given up on her health kick. Video, Three elders reveal what it takes to be a leader. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. Video, Rescuers rush to save beached pilot whales, Bushfire koalas going back to the wild. “After I’d had the cancer treatment, for the first couple of years you think ‘This is great, I’m over it’. With Majella’s daughter due to welcome her second grandchild, the doting nana told how cancer has made her realise the importance of living life to the full. Video, Three elders reveal what it takes to be a leader. He has a loyal fan base, mostly made up of women, and is renowned for his approachable and affable manner. US Election 2020: When will we get a result and could it be contested? Video. I’m wanting to slow down and spend more time with my grandchildren. Daniel O’Donnell has opened up about his wife Majella’s battle with breast cancer. "You’re talking 24 activities for a start — bog snorkelling, zorbing or whatever — what else can you do? In 2012, O'Donnell made UK chart history by becoming the first artist to have an album in the UK charts in each of the previous 25 years. Daniel O'Donnell sets UK chart record with 25 years album sales, What does developing a Covid-19 vaccine look like? The singer opened up about the difficult time for his wife on The Late Late Show where Majella famously shaved her head after she was diagnosed in 2013. Appealing for fans' prayers rather than cards and letters, the 51-year-old said the cancer had been detected in the early stages and the couple were hopeful for a good recovery. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? In a message, posted on her husband's official website, Majella spoke of her "very difficult seven months". Try these moments, In pictures: Trump and Biden through the years. We have nothing to hold us back from doing it.’. Speaking from her hospital bed, just five days after the operation, Majella O'Donnell said she now needed to rest and heal. He proposed on Christmas Day 2001 - saying he was so happy it was almost sickening. You look forward with great positive thoughts. “It’s better to go on a fool’s errand than wait too long,” he said. ‘We’re very lucky, Majella’s health is great, thank god,’ he told Late Late show host Ryan Tubridy. I can honestly say that I'm out the 'other side' and in good health again.". Majella said: “My daughter is coming up to 30 so I tell her to regularly check.

She said: “RTE would have liked another series. Majella has been heavily involved in her husband’s music career since their marriage in 2002. "I am now in hospital on day five after surgery for a double mastectomy with reconstruction. It’s a bit of shame but I’m looking over my shoulder. VideoBushfire koalas going back to the wild, Three elders reveal what it takes to be a leader. O'Donnell revealed news of his wife's cancer last July, but said the disease had been found in the early stages and the couple were hopeful of a full recovery. O'Donnell revealed news of his wife's cancer last July, but said the disease had been found in the early stages and the couple were hopeful of a full recovery. The internationally-renowned entertainer said his mother-in-law Marion will take care of his wife when he leaves Ireland tomorrow to tour the United States and Canada. Americans head to polls to choose their president, with nearly 100 million early votes already cast.

O'Donnell, from Kincasslagh, said the moment he was told about the illness was one of the most most numbing and frightening experiences in his life. "I consider myself very lucky to have so many people batting for me. Majella captured the heart of the public when she appeared on Irish state television in September to have her hair shaved off, raising thousands of pounds for a cancer charity. "Thank God with early intervention and surgery the cancer is gone now and it is a matter of further treatment," he said.