The new puzzles website is now live - sign up now and enjoy a 7-day free trial! Cameron was a very Downton Abbey sort of … Dan Stevens is a very busy guy with a flourishing career right now, but back in 2012 when he chose to leave Downton Abbey, many were shocked by the decision. However, Stevens shocked and angered fans when he chose to leave the series - Matthew was abruptly killed off in the Downton Abbey season 3 finale in 2012. As a mentally unbalanced mutant, the role of David Haller was as far from Matthew Crawley as Stevens could want - as was his biggest movie role to date, playing the Beast in Disney's 2017 live-action Beauty and the Beast opposite Emma Watson. [29], In November 2011, Stevens guest-hosted an episode of Have I Got News for You. That's Lord Sinderby's name!"

“I felt Tom Branson was the only one we hadn’t really settled in the series,” Fellowes explains. He played a simulacrum of Sir Lancelot in the 2014 comedy film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb. “Which, as an actor, when you’ve had this character for six years, you don’t want that.

He’s learned all sorts of things from his rather unusual life of marrying up and getting on with the family of his late wife. Other top names include Ordeal By Innocence actress Anna Chancellor, Holby City’s Chizzy Akudolu, Poldark star Rebecca Front and EastEnders’ Richard Blackwood, who will all be making an appearance on the Caribbean island of Saint Marie. … That was one of the greatest — and will be one of the greatest — experiences I think I’ll ever have as an actor.”. They will join our much-loved series regulars: Ardal O’Hanlon (DI Jack Mooney), Joséphine Jobert (DS Florence Cassell), Tobi Bakare (Officer JP Hooper), Elizabeth Bourgine (Catherine Bordey) and Don Warrington (Comissioner Selwyn Patterson). COLLIDER participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means COLLIDER gets paid commissions on purchases made through our links to retailer sites. For other people, see, The Dragon Diary: Dragonology Chronicles, Vol. [41][42], In 2017, Stevens played the Beast, opposite Emma Watson as Belle, in Disney's live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast, directed by Bill Condon. I always fret and worry about the next job and I did back then too. Stream it for free. And I would say it’s only very recently that I’ve sort of been in a position to actually say, ‘You know what? Matthew was a distant cousin of Robert Crawley, the Earl of Grantham (Hugh Bonneville), who suddenly became next in line to inherit Downton Abbey when the previous heir died aboard the HMS Titanic in 1912. Get the Indie Focus newsletter, Mark Olsen's weekly guide to the world of cinema.

Eventually, Matthew became a beloved member of the Crawleys and the co-owner of Downton Abbey. Longtime publicist and advertising executive Maurice Segal, who worked on such films as “Some Like it Hot” and “The Misfits,” has died. In 2014, he was nominated for two Audie Awards, in the Classic category and Solo Narration (Male) category for Frankenstein. It should be said that when we started that job though, it felt very much like any other British period drama that we were making. - for over a decade. You had 20 main characters really, plus the house! All Broadway theatres were shut down soon afterwards. “Downton Abbey” was an international smash hit but bringing the historical soap to the big screen took a massive effort from cast and crew. When Will Boba Fett Return To The Mandalorian? Dan Stevens shocked fans when he left Downton Abbey in season 3.

Dan Stevens was born at Croydon in Surrey on 10th October 1982. He also starred as David in the thriller film The Guest (2014), Sir Lancelot in the adventure film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014), The Beast/Prince in Disney's live … He studied English Literature at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. He was educated at Tonbridge School and trained in acting at the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain. Related: Downton Abbey: Why Lady Sybil Was Killed Off From The Show, Dan Stevens' exit and Matthew suddenly being killed off from the series - during the Downton Abbey season 3 Christmas Special, no less - ignited a firestorm of angry fans in the UK (because Downtown Abbey aired months later on PBS Masterpiece in the US, many American fans had already learned the disappointing news). John can be found @BackoftheHead, counts a Black Canary and an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So, you know, you say no to those World War I trench dramas initially. Just Because the DCEU Failed Once, That Doesn’t Mean It Should Be Abandoned, The 20 Best Comedies of the 2010s, Ranked, Exclusive: Charlie Hunnam Reveals the Real Reason He Turned Down ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’, Watch: This Unaired John Mulaney and Seth Meyers Interview Is a Delightful Distraction, Wesley Snipes Refutes Claims of Bizarre ‘Blade: Trinity’ Behavior. However, Stevens' decision to quit Downton Abbey created a problem for series creator Julian Fellowes - and not just because Matthew was the show's male romantic lead. The Mandalorian Fixes George Lucas’ Tusken Raider Mistake, Downton Abbey: Why Dan Stevens Wanted To Leave The Show, Downton Abbey: Why Lady Sybil Was Killed Off From The Show, Why Lily James Left Downton Abbey (& Why She's Not In The Movie), Din Djarin Wields TWO Darksabers in Epic Mandalorian Art, Fear The Walking Dead's [SPOILER] Is Its Saddest Since Season 3, The Boys Season 2 Bloopers Video Has As Much Swearing As The Show, Avatar Gave Sokka The Pet That Zuko Was Supposed To Have, Titans Season 3 Theory: How Jason Todd Becomes Red Hood (Without Joker), Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown Has The Perfect Halloween Costume Idea. Dan Stevens, Actor: Downton Abbey. A look at California’s November ballot propositions.

Book of the Year Award. Fellowes also mused that he could have even killed off Matthew and Lady Sybil (Jessica Brown-Findlay) in the same episode (and the same car crash) since she had also announced she was exiting Downton Abbey in season 3.