It sounds to me like you want to make sure that our democracy stays intact. But this is a part of your destiny.

But the fact is, that you’ve come, you have your head down, and this has got to be one of the hardest things that you could do.

I don’t teach mine that. The office of Sen. Dan Sullivan, an Alaska Republican, said it had made a mistake after a Facebook post honoring Lewis included a picture of Sullivan with Cummings in front of the National Museum of African American History and Culture. We’re better than that! Come on now. So you wonder whether people believe you — I don’t know. I was honored to appear together in Miami 3 years ago at an event captured in video below.

I know that you’ve faced a lot. (CNN)Rep. Elijah Cummings' widow is calling for forgiveness for Sen. Marco Rubio after the Florida Republican posted a photo of her late husband in a tribute to Rep. John Lewis, who died last … They were also read by Morgan Freeman , his friend. And I’m hoping that, the things you said today will help us again to get back there. I don’t know whether they believe you. ", Musing on the similarities, she said, "They say that we all have a look alike somewhere in the world. And, you come saying I have made my mistakes, but now I want to change my life. You were leaving the prison, you were leaving the courthouse, and, I guess it’s your daughter, had braces or something on.

Rockeymoore Cummings, a former chairwoman of the Maryland Democratic Party. Elijah Cummings' final words to us: Book due out on September 22! And I’m tired of statements saying … people come in here and say ‘Oh, oh this is the first hearing.’ It is not the first hearing. And, some kind of way, I hope that you will, I know that it’s painful going to prison. And, despite the confusion about their similar appearance, I believe that their biggest similarity was their indomitable freedom loving spirits. Man that thing, man that thing hurt me. "I'm still waiting on my call from Fox News.". That’s stunning.

Baltimore City Council poised to remain all Democratic, after strong challenge in 12th District, Early voting results show four Howard school board candidates with large margins in their districts, South Carolina Senate election: GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham defeats challenger Jaime Harrison, calls win ‘an answer to a lot of prayers’, Maryland’s Klacik raised whopping $6.4 million after Trump shared viral ad; Mfume warns seat is ‘not for sale’, Senate election results: GOP holds back Democrats, narrowing path to Senate control, Marylanders vote ‘yes’ on ballot questions about sports betting, state budget, Supreme Court, in 5-4 vote, halts recount, stinging Gore, Commentary: Maryland Congressman Cummings redeems Cohen hearing with passionate, poetic closing remarks », Baltimore City amendments that would curb mayor’s power expected to pass. The one meeting I had with President Trump, I said to him ‘the greatest gift that you and I, Mr. President, can give to our children, is making sure we give them a democracy that is intact.

Create new account | My Profile | My Account | My Bookmarks | My Inbox | Help | Log in, Back to top Alert abuse Link here Second hearing: H.R. As a father of two daughters, it hurt me. You got caught up in it. Let me tell you the picture that really, really pained me.

She wrote in her statement Tuesday that even she has corrected "friendly acquaintances" more than once. At the close of the Michael Cohen hearing, Elijah Cummings gave a long and heartfelt speech in which he offered forgiveness and encouragement as Cohen teared up. You know, I mean come on now. You made a lot of mistakes, Mr. Cohen — and you’ve admitted that.

… We really are. The late Reps. Elijah Cummings (left) and John Lewis. He said it in Baltimore, a city on the verge of explosion over police treatment of citizens.

"Within days, I received a personal call of apology for the mix up from DeDe Lea, Executive Vice President of ViacomCBS," she wrote. It’s very painful. And, so you come here today, you… deep in my heart … when I practiced law I represented a lot of lawyers who got in trouble. We can do more than one thing. And when you call somebody a rat, that’s one of the worst things you can call them because when they go to prison, that means a snitch.

How to decipher the status of your Maryland vote-by-mail ballot.

I know that you are worried about your family. We are better than this.

Rubio wasn't the only lawmaker to make the gaffe. And, um, that’s your family. And hopefully this portion of your destiny will lead to a better, a better, a better Michael Cohen, a better Donald Trump, a better United States of America, and a better world. We really are. By Susie Madrak. You got caught up in it. But what are the chances that we will ever see them or meet them? And we have got to get back to normal. Did we stand on the sidelines and say nothing?

", Stelter: Lewis mix-up is 'humiliating' for 2 GOP senators, Stelter: Lewis mixup is 'humiliating' for 2 GOP senators, Obama takes jab at Trump during Lewis eulogy, Bill Clinton recounts meeting John Lewis for the first time, How John Lewis and a 12-year-old became friends, Lawmakers honor John Lewis as his body lies in state, John Lewis' body honored at US Capitol in Washington DC, Watch Rep. John Lewis cross Edmund Pettus Bridge for the last time, See when Barack Obama gave John Lewis Medal of Freedom, Civil rights hero John Lewis has died at age 80, Presidential historian talks about legacy John Lewis is leaving behind, Why John Lewis spent his 21st birthday in jail, John Lewis returns to Selma on 55th anniversary of march, John Lewis: It was very moving to be back on the bridge, Lewis to young leaders: 'You cannot give in' (2018), Rep. John Lewis: 'Get in good trouble' (2014), Rep. John Lewis on crossing Edmund Pettus Bridge (2018).