The cake stays moist and flavorful for a few days, so you can make it 1-2 days ahead. For this cake, I beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, added the rest of the wet ingredients one at a time while slowly beating to blend. If I wanted to make a bundt cake, do I double the recipe? Also, the batter can be divided and baked in two 8-inch square cake pans. I made a rich caramel sauce to spoon over this and the final product is absolutely wonderful!!! The batter seemed really thin but I figured it was meant to be that way – now I’m not so sure! Extremely moist. In the last ten years, Entenmann's has become known as a company that makes delicious baked fat-free products that do not taste fat-free. Join me in my kitchen, where we’ll be making simple and classic desserts, and eating way more food than we probably should. Thanks. Could I make this recipe into cup cakes? The time taken for baking the cake may be slightly different. WOW…that looks just like Entenmann's coffeecake! She simmered 1/2 c. raisens until they were plump, drained the liquid and added them to the recipe. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The main point is to know when you have to remove the pan. The baking time will be different so keep an eye on it. Beat softened butter into dry ingredients, first on low, then medium, until mixture forms pebble-sized pieces. This spice cake recipe is the only recipe you’ll ever need. Is this cake super sweet? Tourné Cooking: Food Recipes & Healthy Eating Ideas, Simple Entenmann’s Crumb Cake Recipe for Your Delicious Breakfast. In case you also need other dressing, you only need to add more ingredients. So glad I found your blog. I double the frosting because you do get quite a large cake and just because it tastes divine! It is moist and absolutely delicious. I've served it on two seperate occasions and it's always been devoured very very quickly. This is without a doubt the best spice cake I've ever made. Thanks for the recipe! Add applesauce, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Sometimes she would frost with caramel icing, sometimes cream cheese icing or sometimes just lay a paper doiley on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Big hit with my family-we ate it while decorating our tree! Remove from oven and cool completely on rack. One thing I did here, to make it a bit more interesting is I swirled cinnamon sugar throughout the cake. It was on Troy Ave off Farragut Rd, Lillian. Easy to make main meal and dessert recipes. Smells like Thanksgiving and goes GREAT with a dollop of COLD, whipped cream! Lots of times, supermarkets will have the “Jiffy” brand on sale at 4 for $1 or so, and that’s a great buy so stock up. Hi Karen! The only thing missings is a really good quality french vanilla ice cream and a rich cup of freshly brewed coffee. I made this but trying to get away from white flour i used all wheat.My bad it made it to dry and very dense. The cake … Also, would the cooking time remain the same? Can be double-wrapped in plastic a day ahead. This will make the entenmann’s crumb cake more flavorful. This was almost like the one my mother made in the 1950's. Smells like Thanksgiving and goes GREAT with a dollop of COLD, whipped cream! Copyright 2020 - Pretty. Makes 9 servings. Hardly any left. First of all I want to say that the flavor of the spices was wonderful -- absolutely the best combination and amounts I've ever tasted in a spice cake. Nice cake recipe………….keep posting such mouth watering cakes. 275 calories; protein 3.9g 8% DV; carbohydrates 36.1g 12% DV; fat 13g 20% DV; cholesterol 66.6mg 22% DV; sodium 221.5mg 9% DV. I tried that trick and now I have Mothers recipe. Arby’s Jalapeno Poppers ‘Copycat’ Recipe: Cheap, Easy to Make, and Utterly Fingerlicking! If you don’t like nutmeg or cloves you can leave one of them out, but trust me, this mix of spices gives the most wonderful flavor. Add about 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat on low until smooth. I am excited to make this cake but wanted to make it as a double layer cake 6 inch cake. Bake cake for 10-15 minutes or until cake is just beginning to rise and is set in the center. Thanks.