Me too! These flavored chocolate bars were at Hickory Farms mall stores all across America in the 1970s.

In the 1970s, that was Koogle. Although the 1970s were an era of political turmoil and hard economic times, there were also disco, free love, and basement hangs. These boxed treats were like Pop-Tarts, only round. Fortunately, we can still snack on those orange, yellow, and brown candies whenever we want today. A yellow banana cake was folded into a half-moon and stuffed with a cream filling (it almost looked like a cake taco). At least there are still some malls and Hickory Farms stores. Canada still has access to Christie Swiss Cheese Crackers. Although the 1970s were an era of political turmoil and hard economic times, there were also disco, free love, and basement hangs.When it came to food, home-cooked meals were a little weird; this was also an era of widely mass-produced snacks.Packaged snacks became a bigger part of the American household in the '70s, and there were plenty of interesting treats to choose from. They had a thin crust, a warm center, and a light sprinkle of sugar on top for that extra morning boost. This mid- to late-1970s confection had milk chocolate, peanuts, and gooey caramel, similar to the Baby Ruth bar.

This 1980s cult classic had a 2014 mini reboot when Hostess made it in a tiny fun-size form. And for more, check out these 108 most popular sodas ranked by how toxic they are. Nabisco's Tid Bits were an orange-hued crispy cracker snack shaped like pellets. These flavored chocolate bars were at Hickory Farms mall stores all across America in the 1970s. Related: 50 Iconic Movie Locations You Have to Visit. RELATED: This 7-day smoothie diet will help you shed those last few pounds. What's better than peanut butter? Wendy's also introduced salad bars, but those have all been phased out. (It didn't.) Before seemingly everyone was allergic to peanuts, this spread from the 1970s ruled. It had a memorable commercial featuring the jive talking Koogle Mascot who sang "Pea-nutty-koogle with the koo-koo-koogly eyes!" Exactly as it sounds, Mug-O-Lunch by Betty Crocker was lunch in a mug. 108 most popular sodas ranked by how toxic they are. Old Forester Mint Julep. And if you have a sweet tooth, don't miss The Most Popular Candy Bar in Your State. The station one time owned wgli babylon . "Ghostbusters" sparked a licensing frenzy in toys and food items, and in 1989, Hi-C rebooted its classic Citrus Cooler as a bright green lime drink featuring the film's Slimer character. "My wife's a magician," says the happy husband who gets the macaroni and cheese version in a cup. Colby Pitt, bartender at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. A peanut spread in flavors like cinnamon, banana, vanilla, and chocolate, Koogle was released by Kraft in 1971 and became an immediate hit among children due to its wacky commercials, which featured an oversized jar-shaped puppet with googly eyes and froglike arms and legs.

According to General Mills' blog, expensive beef prices drove the creation of Hamburger Helper. They disappeared briefly but are back on shelves today. Introduced in 1971, this peanut butter spread came in cinnamon, vanilla, banana, and chocolate flavors. There were three flavors to choose from: onion, cheddar, and Italian. And so, we are left with mere memories of this peanutty spread with the unforgettable flavor whose flame flickered out all too soon. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. These boxed treats were like Pop-Tarts, only round. Canada still has access to Christie Swiss Cheese Crackers. sign up for our newsletter to get daily recipes and food news in your inbox! In the '70s, kids snacked like astronauts! Eight delicious inches of caramel and chocolate made up the Marathon Bar, which the Mars company introduced in 1973. A peanut butter spread that comes in a variety of flavors like chocolate, banana, and vanilla. And for more food news, sign up for our newsletter to get daily recipes and food news in your inbox!

Although Pop-Tarts clearly has the toaster pastry monopoly these days, there was a lot of variety in the '70s. Famous for its square hamburger patties and irresistible chocolate Frosty, Wendy's was founded in 1969 and gained widespread popularity in the '70s.

Ingredients. Related: 20 Food Trends That Weren't Around 20 Years Ago. It was eventually revamped and rebranded as Apple Slice, before that brand also disappeared. Before seemingly everyone was allergic to peanuts, this spread from the 1970s ruled. They take out the best spread for a sandwich. My sisters and I still talk about those awesome candy bars. Pop Rocks were a bang when they were first offered in 1975, and they still are ( read about Pop Rocks and … ': Gwen solicits country star's testimonial in attempt to foil Blake on 'The Voice', Kid Rock responds to Lady Gaga's Biden endorsement, shows 'what camo is really worn for', Loose Lips: Controversial talk show host gives wackiest 'Masked Singer' performance yet, Canada's top public health doctor now recommends 3-layer non-medical masks, Colbert shocked by Trump ads during 'The Late Show': 'I can't believe I'm getting checks from Donald Trump, and they cleared', Want to Know Who's Winning the US Presidential Election? (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); nothingbutnostalgia.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, 1 new Exactly as it sounds, Mug-O-Lunch by Betty Crocker was lunch in a mug. Were the kids indicted for insider trading? A "crisp and crystal clear" drink with "just a snap of apple," Aspen was gone by 1982.

I used to give my dad a description of…, I played hockey there several times in the early 70s as a member of a visiting team from the Town…, Does anyone make these anymore my kids love them and I love them still looking for Mr. Candy bones in…. Related: Crazy Gourmet Doughnuts Across the U.S. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Protesters in Washington take to the streets amid Election night vote tallies, Chipotle struggles with staffing as coronavirus cases rise. I loved the banana flavored! It was described as a "less sticky" peanut butter. According to ads, it lasted a "good long time!". This pink cereal was coated in a drink mix, so when it mingled with the milk, it turned pink. Sugar-loving kids in the 1980s always had a Triple Power Push Pop at the ready.

Here's the Lowdown, Gwen Stefani extends her 'Voice' family: 'Everybody knows I just want a daughter', White House surrounded by security fence on election night, 'Sopranos' star Lorraine Bracco discusses the show's most controversial storyline, US election 2020 results live: Follow our map as results pour in for Trump and Biden, How to prepare for seasonal affective disorder during the pandemic, How to move to Canada from the U.S. and everything to know about becoming a citizen, 'DWTS' dancer Cheryl Burke suffers scary head injury during rehearsal, Donald Trump Jr.’s Bizarre Electoral Map Has Canada Going Republican, ‘The Soup Nazi’ turns 25: The 'Seinfeld' writer and actor on the episode’s real-life origins, runaway success and why it couldn’t exist in 2020, Christina Anstead files for divorce from husband Ant a month after announcing separation, Woman forced to wear flight attendant’s jumper on Southwest Airlines flight to cover up ‘lewd’ outfit, This stock market ‘presidential predictor’ is forecasting who will win the White House, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick Take Son to Vote for First Time Days After His Birthday, Betting market odds flip to favor Trump over Biden in U.S. election, Super typhoon helps to reinforce unusual November warmth in Ontario, Canada Revenue Agency: No Child Left Behind With This $567 Crisis Benefit, Report: Antonio Brown's physical fitness 'shocked' the Buccaneers, ‘Ravenous’ cannibal fish found washed ashore in Texas likes luring prey to their death, Jeannie Mai Shares Photo from the Hospital Following Emergency Surgery, Third layer's the charm: Top doctor unveils new face mask recommendations, 'Extremely disturbing': Montana woman gets 50 years in prison for selling 5-year-old girl for sex, Sarah McBride Makes History As First Openly Trans State Senator, Howard Stern commends Taylor Swift for taking a political stance: 'That's standing up for your country', Prince Philip proved romance isn't dead (even aged 99), 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback, The Best Healthy Cereal Options You Can Buy, 35 Snacks From Your Childhood You Forgot You Loved. Discover Hard-To-Find Candies From the Past. Cereal with built-in strawberry (or chocolate) milk—genius! Sadly, although many people today attest to a former affection for Koogle during their childhood, the product didn’t exactly fly off of store shelves.