That's the rub, it's only good if you enjoy reading books. 90. The one where you go in the hidden tunnel, find the creepy notice on the wall about the ghost, and the lightbulb pops out in that exact moment D: © Valve Corporation. That is a great example of a horror game done right. I agree. I don't know if it's a bad thing, but people are bound to be disappointed if they expected more. Real life doesn't often involve great mysteries that need to be solved; sometimes it just plain sucks.

Gone Home; What is the combo to Sams locker? This game kept up its nervous atmosphere through the entire experience, and every time I thought the game was going soft on me, it threw something else at me to tell me otherwise.ConclusionSpooky’s House of Jumpscares is a game that is way too good to have a title like this. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. © Valve Corporation. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The first being the arcade like, endurance based way of progressing in the game. Gone Home. All rights reserved. Gone Home. If you are constantly worried that something is just going to pop out at you, you will be quick to adapt to the feeling and thus the scare factor is completely lost.

But if you think you're walking into an Edith Finch, Stanley Parable, Oxenfree, or any other competent game you are going to be sorely disappointed. I'll choose Gone Home over Borderlands, Outlast or Vermintide any day. If you are already focused, then it still challenges you and tries to throw you off of your sense of confidence and bring you back down to being nervous. I was expecting nothing more than a walking simulator with a short and mysterious story to unravel. The one where you go in the hidden tunnel, find the creepy notice on the wall about the ghost, and the lightbulb pops out in that exact moment D: © Valve Corporation. While most horror games would throw in a jump scare by having a scary monster pop out at you, this game has cardboard cutouts of kiddy haunted house monsters like spiders, ghosts, and jack o lanterns accompanied by loud noises. The game is extremely short and extremely cheap (I played it for free through Epic I think) so if you're still curious about it then it won't cost you a lot of time or money. Just FYI there is another hidden story in the game. Press J to jump to the feed. It's basically false foreshadowing. I thought it was all really clever misdirection. Nota: Deve-se usar isto APENAS para denunciar spam, publicidade e posts problemáticos (que contenham assédio, lutas ou ofensas). 1. Publisher: The Fullbright Company . I appreciate what the game was aiming for. Todos os direitos reservados. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), Greek Translation for Gone Home (Ελληνική μετάφραση του παιχνιδιού). Gone Home is not a game to hurry through, but one to savor and remember.

Gone Home.

Anyone with a strong sense of confidence and focus going into a game will not be scarred if they go into something like Slender or Five Nights at Freddy’s, they will just be confused and annoyed. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. And somehow this game seriously under delivered. Tous droits réservés. At the very end I felt relief and happiness. User Info: Stev019. There is one moment that can act as a jumpscare for those not acclimatised to horror games (at least it did startle me :P). Gameplay is in an FPS perspective where you move using the WASD keys and shift your view by moving the mouse. Doesn't matter. Part of that game is also your imagination running rampant, while in the end it probably wasn't as intriguing as one would expect. If I said something like “people can seem mysterious but when you get to know them, we’re all dealing with the same ordinary stuff” it is absolutely 100% me just guessing. The plot involving the dad and his writing career and his relationship with his father is really what did it for me. It does so by designing itself in a way that is constantly introducing new mechanics.

They're well written, compelling human stories, but they use this promise of something supernatural and interesting happening, that turns out to be something pretty normal. Ask not what this country can do for you. Listen up. Everything you read in the one sentence spoiler above is the entire scope of what happened.

Of course, we usually play games to escape our reality with something more exciting and suspenseful...that's probably where the let down comes in. That does lend some context and I can definitely appreciate that. Your little sister met a girl who she likes who is leaving for boot camp or military school or something. So simple but very self aware. Listen up. [FULL SPOILERS] "Gone Home" discussion. Gone Home. There is one moment that can act as a jumpscare for those not acclimatised to horror games (at least it did startle me :P). im such a scardey cat,i need someone in the room with me when i play. I mentally noted that I was purposely leaving all the lights on in the house. Are there any Screamers or Jumpscares in this game? One of the most remarkable things about Gone Home is the dark subplot involving Oscar, which takes some effort to piece together. January, 1960. ... take for example gone home, it's a great horror game and got me scared for the entire game.....but there are no jump-scares at all. It’s weird but all the stuff you see as negatives in your post, I actually kind of liked. Just like where you found the first one. The US is deep in Cold War with Russia, and nuclear war seem... Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad.