We’ll send you a link to a feedback form. Raise your concerns to the city or county. However the police do have some removal powers against larger groups of occupiers. If your neighbor has an armful of groceries outside your apartment building, it might not be the best time for getting-to-know-you (though it is the perfect time to hold the door open). Trespass to land in most instances is a civil matter, and as such the police do not have the power to assist. Do I have to report an accident/collision that happened in a car park to the police? Someone has put a video/photograph of me on the internet/is showing video footage of me in a compromising position to friends etc., without my permission, what can I do? I have lent something to a friend / relative / partner and they have not given it back, what can I do? Are shops and leisure centres etc allowed to put CCTV camera in the changing rooms?

For adult trespassers, in most cases the duty of care will be met if you put up a fence and display a notice warning of the danger. In essence, a homeowner can pursue either trespass or nuisance actions against a “sabotaging neighbor,” even if you’re not selling your home, says the Washington, D.C., personal injury law firm Simeone Miller, LLP, which handles premises liability cases. Ask neighbors who can see your property if anyone has been trespassing on your land.

Initially, the landowner should ask the trespasser to leave the land and if he/she does then all is well. You can change your cookie settings at any time. However, you are not entitled to assault or harm a trespasser in any way. Trespass is not just confined to interference with your home and garden, but also extends to the airspace above and the soil below. My ex partner has got access rights over our child but my son / daughter has to be back by 1600hrs and he / she has not brought my son / daughter back yet, what can I do? Thus, one of the elements to proving trespass is the existence of intent on the part of the trespasser. Follow these steps if you have a dispute with your neighbour. What is the law relating to bailiffs collecting civil debts? Follow these steps if you have a dispute with your neighbour. Trespass is defined as the unauthorised interference with the possession of your home and garden. If he/she refuses to leave the land then you will need to consider taking civil action. Try to solve the problem informally by talking to them. The owner of the land could commit several criminal offences if he forcibly removes the trespasser and his/her property from the land. Most people protect their homes and gardens by building a fence, for which you won't normally need planning permission unless it is more than two metres high. Trespass to land in most instances is a civil matter, and as such the police do not have the power to assist.

And if creepers or other plants are growing on the face of your wall, from roots in your neighbour's property, this is also technically a trespass. Harassment is not necessarily … My neighbour's children's balls keep coming in my garden, what can I do? Your home may be your castle but the law demands that you also take the right steps and behave responsibly when dealing with trespassers and other unwanted intrusions on to your property.