I know I'm not the only one who fails to floss on the regular, especially those back teeth. Give us a call today to set up an appointment. This thread is archived. But even that is ridiculous, considering that the margins from the maximum limits to any kind of suffering are so vast. When you’re flossing, be sure not to forget about those back molars! Using a mouth wash twice a day can also help kill germs that cause bad breath. The flossing tools mentioned above can also help you floss your back teeth with ease. List form (put a space after the asterisk): A soft bristled tooth brush is recommended because the bristles can flex more than a hard bristled brush. "But my whole family have pitch-perfect teeth!"

I like using those flossing pick things that have a handle.

On the other hand, my SO never flosses and seems to have no problems with it. Tl;dr at the end For healthy teeth and gums make sure to brush with fluoridated toothpaste 1-2 times/day and floss once a day properly.

.s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);padding-top:5px}.s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f._19JhaP1slDQqu2XgT3vVS0{color:#ea0027} 5: Floss away! ._2cHgYGbfV9EZMSThqLt2tx{margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{width:75%;height:24px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-,._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{background:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);background-size:200%;margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-{width:100%;height:46px} I will say though as well that flossing generally helps with bad breath, because a lot of the bacteria will build up and cause a stench. Exploding you mouth with strong mint/alco products makes your saliva go wild, and this cuts/dilutes the amount of fluoride in your mouth. Not knowing how to floss with a permanent retainer is the main challenge patients face. But if you use a mouth wash that has alcohol it can dry out your mouth. I'm going to be taking much better care of my teeth from now on.

I wish I could explain the stench that was on the flosser after hitting even a single tooth.

To floss, grab around 18 to 24 inches of dental floss, wrap the ends around your index and middle fingers, and use the floss in a back and forth and up and down motion against the side of each tooth to clean the surface. I would like to expand on point 2 above and explain that some people, let's say about 5% of the population, seem to be fairly immune to periodontal disease either because of their immune system, the bacterial population of their mouths, or a combination of these two factors. I would advocate your country to introduce the necessary tax cut/healthcare program to make dental care affordable for you. Switching to real flossing now, with the water every now and then. If the idea of conventional floss is boring, check out the many flossing gadgets on the market – from floss threaders to floss picks to the Waterpik, you have plenty of options! If you are not currently following this, and have tooth decay, you are in for an easy ride. So let me just tell you guys this. Avoid frequent snacking of such foods. Use a soft-bristled brush; electric is good.

Otherwise you can brush 50 times a day and your teeth will still have food remains on them, eating into your teeth (although your gum will bleed you to death before that happens). It's a tricky bastard, because a periodontal disease is the worst dental disease (you loose the tooth, and it's untreatable after a certain stage) whilst doing nothing to the tooth itself. Try and eat a less acidic and less sugary diet. Listerine won't get rid of the gunk. But once I start flossing gums, I bleed. It gets in all the hard to reach places, and I can control the water pressure.

I'm the same way. Their own or others'. The same applies genetically for teeth, both anatomical and behavioural genes contribute to your current dental health status. Do not rinse out the toothpaste after brushing. Don't listen to it, it's completely irrelevant for you and your genetics. When brushing, don't just scrub back and forth do little circular motions on each tooth and don't forget all three exposed sides need to be done. I see some confusions when reading the comments. Flossing is not a treatment for tooth decay. Our team will be taking the appropriate measures and precautions to ensure that our patients and staff can interact safely. Although permanent retainers can be fixed to both upper and lower teeth, some patients are not able to get permanent retainers on the upper teeth due to the way the bottom teeth rest inside the upper teeth. The best you can do as a laysman is to look for an increased height of your teeth roots. Thanks for mentioning that, I hadn't heard that before. So I just used it on my back teeth. AND KARMA.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Essentially, if you have teeth A, B, and C, with B as the middle tooth, place one part of the floss between tooth A and B and another part between B and C. You will have a loop around the back of tooth B, right where the retainer bar hits the teeth. ._12xlue8dQ1odPw1J81FIGQ{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle} Listerine does NOT contain the necessary amount of fluoride (except maybe one in their entire product line). They also take up space on your bathroom counter and have to be used daily (like regular floss). Any tricks to make them easier to reach? The "proper" brushing technique they taught us in school is the "modified bass technique" when I'm sure you can find videos of.

I can't imagine not flossing with braces though... most people I know who did that now have white marks on their teeth.