The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise, Cannot hear sound or baby cry from the parent unit, Power indicator on the parent unit does not come on, Battery pack in the parent unit is running low quickly. Sign up to be the first to learn about specials and news from Motorola Store products. My display shows “no signal” even though both units are connected and powered on. How do I select which camera I am viewing? Page 1 User’s Guide Digital Video Baby Monitor Models: MBP36XL, MBP36XL-2, MBP36XL-3, MBP36XL-4 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice. The signal strength may be monitored with the signal icon. Cut a coat hanger, for example, and tape the long metal piece to the antenna. © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — Any help appreciated. A metal shroud was left where the wire antenna was attached and goes into the monitor. The signal strength may be monitored with the signal icon. The signal strength may be monitors with the signal icon. This metal piece is crimped so that it can't slide up or down, so I am unable to expose any more wire. Motorola 5″Video Baby Monitor with Two Cameras.

• If the signal is weak, try moving the Parent and/or the Baby Unit to different positions in the rooms. Why can’t I hear the baby’s response when I am using the talk button? // Leaf Group Lifestyle, How to Install the SafeFit Baby-in-Sight Mirror, SWSSEC: Increase Radio Range Antenna Article. My antenna wire is broken off right above the metal shield that comes up through the case. How can I extend the battery life of the parent unit? Reduce the distance between the two. Attach a piece of metal to the baby monitor's antenna 1.

You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. Place baby monitors 10 feet or more from the crib.

The external plastic antenna has always been broken. Baby monitors are basic two-way radios and sometimes, due to the size and layout of the house, don't have proper reception. Entirely cover the piece of wire with the aluminum foil. The antenna cover on the monitor snapped off and severed the antenna wire beneath it. Monitor what matters. Lift the antenna on the parent unit for optimal reception. Hello! Place the baby monitor that you will hold onto as high as possible. All I had to do was solder a 3 inch 24 gauge insulated wire to the top of the metal shroud where the wire antenna broke off. The monitor measures 3.7 by 6.1 by 0.7 inches (HWD) and has a 4.3-inch color screen (Motorola was unable to provide specs for the monitor, but its performance indicates a relatively low resolution). Baby monitors are basic two-way radios and sometimes, due to the size and layout of the house, don't have proper reception.

; Page 2 Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. Night Vision. What can I do if the video appears grainy? Does anyone know if there is a way to replace the wire? For example, if they have put the baby down for a nap, they can do things in other parts of the house and use the baby monitor to know when the newborn wakes up or cries for any reason.

There are ways to extend the reception of these devices.

You can see the video clearly but it continuously flickers with the occasional steady image. Wrap the antenna and a piece of metal in aluminum foil on both baby monitors. Do this on both monitors.

The parent and baby unit may be out of range. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser.

So regardless of which monitor you use, you can limit EMF exposure with these tips: Consider the crib location.

Plus, mount your monitor anywhere with the StarGrip for Motorola Monitors for a better view of your baby. Lift the antenna on the parent unit for optimal reception. I am not sure about it but I think you may solve your problem from [ https://qanda.typicalstudent.org/|ask questions get answers] but I am not sure wheather it is fruitful or not? To deactivate two way communication function, release the Talk back button. This will help it receive signals from the other monitor better. What does this mean? He is also a huge sports fan and automobile enthusiast and always tries to fix broken items or devices around the house on his own.

Rest assured that your little one is always safe and sound with the Motorola MBP36XL 5" Portable Video Baby Monitor. He writes for various websites when he is not writing screenplays and short stories. All I had to do was solder a 3 inch 24 gauge insulated wire to the top of the metal shroud where the wire antenna broke off. Irving Oala began writing professionally in 2007. (For safety camera should be mounted at least 3ft outside of crib.) Attach a piece of metal to the baby monitor's antenna 1. When all is said and done, the best baby monitor is the one that makes you feel most comfortable.

Terms — Motorola CARE 3-in-1 Non-Contact Baby Thermometer (MBP66N) Motorola CARE+ 3-in-1 Smart Non-Contact Baby Thermometer (MBP75SN) Motorola Weigh Me Baby Scale & Pad (MBP72SN)

• Any large metal object, like a refrigerator, a mirror, a filing cabinet, metallic doors or Cut a coat hanger, for example, and tape the long metal piece to the antenna. This will help the simple two-way radio's gain, allowing it to have more reception. He broke the antenna plastic housing off of the unit along with the wire antenna. Why is the talk back feature not working? Wireless baby monitors are vital for parents of newborns to be able to keep track of the baby. Reduce the distance between the two. There are ways to extend the reception of these devices. My temperature display has °C.

Good Luck! Ever since I "fixed" the baby monitor, the unit unit gets poor reception. How to Reduce EMF Exposure From Baby Monitors . He told me the unit has never worked better. This wire or piece of metal can be any length but three to four inches should do the trick. Copyright © 2020 Leaf Group Ltd., all rights reserved. How do I adjust the volume of the lullaby playing on the baby unit? While the monitor in the baby's room must be near the baby so you can properly hear him, the higher up your baby monitor is, the better it will receive signals from the other monitor. joelangelamills. A metal shroud was left where the wire antenna was attached and goes into the monitor. How to obtain warranty service or other information, Consumer products and accessories limited warranty.