(video). The Arabic keyboard is universal, so these steps will work for any software you have. Writing in Arabic using your computer can take time to get used to. To write the vowel "damma," hold the shift key and and press the E key. Of course this may vary from different parts and between different groups of society. Is it correct to say, " انا لعق الکس اختك."? Once you run the installer and reboot, you will notice a new keyboard is added to the language list. You don't have to use them, but it's good to know them so that you at least have an idea of what people are saying either to you or just around you. Great Blog! And of course you already know hmar, coming from himar. Yamli is a new approach to Arabic transliteration. Thanks Arabic Student,As a beginner in Arabic, I find it confusing to consider different accent by Egyptians, Yemenis, Jordanians and even native Arabs (called Badoo).All I thought was that my Arabic was fine until I met a friend from Lebanon and told me that my Arabic sounds like Egyptian (Egyptians has a lot of /g/ than /j/ in their Arabic).Example is ماء water, the Jordanians pronounced it /mai/ while native Arabs (Badoo) pronounce it /moy'a/ and the Egyptians as /may'a/.And it's funnier to think that there are Arabic "cursing words" which I really am not taught lol.All I use to hear in KSA when Saudis curse is /kalb/(dog) or /humar/ (donkey) and I guess I heard these phrases often but since I had no idea, so I just thought they're just normal exchange of unpleasant words...shokran! focus to learning Quran for kids because they the hope of future. It has to be the place with the most dialects in the Arab world.Makkay, yeah, I think it's that too. Your blog really bring me opportunity to keep fresh my arabic language at the same time i can practice it. hey Arabic student, Being Arab and knowing most of these swears, it's not the fact that Arabs don't want non-arabs to know them, they can know whatever they want, it is the fact that in Arabic these swears just have a deeper meaning and sound harsher in Arabic, thereby when you say them you are essentially insulting people more. the lebanese say airy rather than 3eiry;now I think you'd get this skithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWcXn4BycH0&feature=related. I saw friends and brothers using it. About الحص طيزي... it is true that some people pronounce the س almost like ص... since the verb احلص is originally الحس from لحس which means to lick. So many sexual insults. To write "fatha" with "tanween," depress the shift key and press the W key. Keep up the interesting work. you hear, This lesson was authored by Mohtanick Jamil. An Arabic word that means "I swear to God." Arabic Phonetic Keyboard Layout uses the Windows built-in Language and Keyboard feature to introduce a new Keyboard for the Arabic (Saudi Arabia) Language. This is what makes your blog so valuable... finding stuff like this that isn't in any textbook yet that is heard every day in Arab countries. Sorry for not using arab script, somewhere in ten days I ll get my laptop back and fix that. The root 3ayn ya ra also exists, it's the root of the shame (3aar), i also know criteria from this root (mi3iyaar). my lebanese ex also use those words for insulted me when he angry to me. To write kasra with tanween, hold the shift key down and press the S key. Also these swear words are much more common amongst Lebanese & Syrians than amongst Gulf Arabs. Once I get home, in two or three days, I'll transcribe it. Apart from the ch sound for ك its quite different to Gulf arabic. so we write it احلس all the time. Chrome add-on. Some people want to be so pious that they don't want people to know about swearing in their language. There might be some people who think this way but I reckon they are very very few. Hi, can you translate this for me plsلطيزي انت و اختك. That's why they think it's a shame (3aib) to know or teach, not to mention to use, such words. اكتب عربي! It's so difficult to find these kind of important things... you really need to know so your friends won't tease you! Remember that vowels are not part of the Not casual friends or acquaintances - they can get you in a lot of trouble. Quick info: 1 … or I swear to Allah. And you won’t see the vowels written down in normal texts Only in holy texts, poetry and when you’re learning the language Some places make ك a 'ch', some places make ق a ك, some places sound just like Lebanese, and some sound just like Egyptian. It may become tedious to include all of the vowels on each letter. Arabic alphabet. Install the Arabic language software on your computer. Crazy. خرى (khara) - shit; How these are used in phrases: ... As a beginner in Arabic, I find it confusing to consider different accent by Egyptians, Yemenis, Jordanians and even native Arabs (called Badoo). To write the vowel kasra, hold down the shift key and press the A key. Opposite I have found that arabs have a very humoristic approach when it comes to cursing, and I also think it is linked to the "arabic temper". I don't really agree with you on the matter of cursing. This is also true for native speaker of English , or any language for that matter, who are socially conservative.I haven't viewed the video because the net here is so slow. I've noticed that many Arabs want everyone to think that Arabic is a modest and pure language. No, the accent in the Disney video is "Fallahi" Palestinian ( the accents heard in the villeges of the West Bank) Accents of Jerusalem and Northern Palestinian cities sound closer to Lebanese and Syrian than other Palestinian rural accents. Sharmouta is soo common,god. Make sure the cursor is to the left of the letter to which you want to add the vowel. I thought Sharmouta means bitch , though ? It's not like in English where no one really cares if swearing is taught to foreigners. To write the vowel shadda, hold shift and press the tilde key. To write the vowel "fatha," hold the shift key and and press the Q key.

To write "damma" with "tanween," hold shift and press the R key. (All worth it of course, hehehe). Switch the language to Arabic by pressing "ALT" and "Shift" simultaneously. With five general vowels and some having different variations, it will take some practice to master typing them. Anywho, that's at least my view, could be wrong or could be right. and I write it like with or without any occasion. For instance, I would like to write Ahlan wa Sahlan in Arabic with a fatha tanween on the top of Alif of Ahl"a"n. Man there are so many different accents in Palestine.

I've heard guys in arab countries threatening to 'fuck' each other as an insult. For example, my cousins don't usually swear in Arabic but they'll say a bunch of English swears without thinking about it twice. Write Arabic without an Arabic Keyboard. By many it is viewed as the language of God after all. This is a touchy subject when talking about the Arabic language specifically.

Writing in Arabic using your computer can take time to get used to. It's easy, smart and fun!

Arabic has some of the most colorful and seemingly untraceable ways to insult someone or something. fucker). Anon, thanks much. لطيزي انت و اختك means "an asshole for you and your sister"Interesting that when I learned to swear in Arabic, it was all about mothers and dogs (sometimes one and the same).Oh, and since there are really no swear words in classic Hebrew, the Israelis all borrow from Arabic when they want to swear. The truth is that, Syrian Kids Song: The Rabbit and the Fox (video), Syrian Kids Song: Dad, Telephone! salamualaik ya arabic student,im elle from malaysia and i want to say thank you so much for making this blog, im really appreciate every lesson you made and grateful for finding this blog in the first place. lol. The Arabic language can be extremely colorful and lively, which has led to some beautiful poetry, novels, and storytelling.But with the growth of elegant literature comes the rise of a much-loved and hilarious area of swear words and phrases. Switch to the simple editor.

Although some Arabic keyboards may not show which keys write what vowels, that does not mean that you won't be able to add vowels to the letters you are typing. As for kis and sharmuta, I don't know if they are really that bad. If you don't have an Arabic keyboard, you can purchase stickers with Arabic letters to attach to your existing keyboard. To write the vowel sokoon, hold shift and press the X key.

I would also like to point out to another cursing word that I heard very often in Lebanon, manyuuk (lit. the accent in the disney video is definitely a palestinian accent, most likely from the jerusalem/bethlehem/beit sahour area. Exercise: repeat the words You have to do the research on your own or have some Arab friends who will teach you. The little mermaid video is especially funny. your newest entry was awesome about curse words as i used to hear it almost every day when i was in middle east. It may become tedious to include all of the vowels on each letter. He taught me an Arabic curse which I can no longer remember, except for the English translation: "Your mother is a camel and I fucked her".Ever hear this one before? In the Gulf, about the worse swear word you'll hear is انت كلب (ante chalb - you're a dog).The dialect in the disney video is a Palestinian Falahi dialect. Although some Arabic keyboards may not show which keys write what vowels, that does not mean that you won't be able to add vowels to the letters you are typing. I mean I hear them used a lot in Lebanon, between brothers, friends, father and son, servants, even between husband and wife and son and mother. :P I really appreciate all your blog posts, it is a big help in the long and sometimes depressing journey that is Arabic!