Oath taking is N6k. There are cases challenging the power of the Federal Registry to issue marriage certs. The marriage conducted in a marriage registry is called the court marriage because once such marriage has been conducted, it can only be dissolved by the State High Court, i.e. Please I got your email address online.

Good day. Hi poster, even though ikoyi is the most expensive marriage registry in Nigeria, You don't need to break the bank for it! You can choose to visit the Federal Marriage Registry at Ikoyi located at Kingsway Road, Ikoyi. Lagos State High Court, declares Ikeja Local Government and other Local Governments Marriage Certificate Unconstitutional. How true is this? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

There are two types of marriage registries to wit: the Federal Marriage Registry e.g. The principal laws governing marriages in Nigeria are the Marriage Act of 1914 and Matrimonial Causes Act of 1970.

Activities such as Swearing of Oath, obtaining of marriage license, counseling, and actual marriage ceremonies take place here. The aim after all is to ensure that you receive the right certificate which is very important. Here is a list of all Marriage Registries in Lagos State and their various addresses below: 1.

connect with 1000s of verified business professionals instantly, Welcome, connect with 1000s of verified business professionals instantly, Are you a new user? it is only the High Court that has jurisdiction over such a marriage. Please email your inquiries, news and opinion articles to [email protected], Designed by The Ready Writers | Powered by Sons of Issachar Concepts.

Posted by kolade | Nov 3, 2020 | #EndSars, Local News | 0 |, Posted by kolade | Nov 3, 2020 | Breaking News | 0 |, Posted by kolade | Nov 3, 2020 | #EndSars | 0 |, Posted by kolade | Nov 3, 2020 | Local News | 0 |. Those with Marriage Certificates from Ikeja and other Local government are to return the irregular and illegal marriage certificate which was "customised" and exchange it for the proper ones. Agbado / Oke-Odo local council development area It covers all those resident in Lagos, South-South, South East and South West Nigeria. List of Marriage Registries in Lagos State. Infact I paid so less where I did mine and when I compared it with my friend's own from ikoyi….it's just the same except name, date,etc…lol, There are only two federal marriage registries in Nigeria.

Pls i want to know if ikeja marriage registry legal and acceptable ? They would calculate the waiting period and then give you your prefered date to come for oath taking.

The principal laws governing marriages in Nigeria are the Marriage Act of 1914 and Matrimonial Causes Act of 1970. BREAKING: FG Vows to Ensure Okonjo-Iweal... Aubameyang Scores from the Spot as Arsen... Ronaldo Marks His Return to Football Wit... Jota Scores Winner as Liverpool Move to ... CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad, Tests Positi... Liverpool Star, Van Dijk, Undergoes Succ... Poor Parenting can Cause Mental Disorders in Children – Expert, Lifestyle: 12 Amazing Uses of Lemon Peels, Ogun to treat wife beaters as criminals – Amosun, International Flights May Resume before October – Aviation Minister, FG Converts Fela Anikulapo’s House to Heritage Museum, WAEC to Release 2020 WASSCE Results on Monday, Nov 2, #EndSARS: NEC to Engage Youths on Employment and Social Programmes, Judicial Panel Denies LCC’s Request to Repossess Lekki Tollgate, Lekki Shooting: LCC Reveals CCTV Stopped Working by 8pm, We Gave US Permission to Rescue American on Our Soil – FG, BREAKING: Governor Obaseki Eases Curfew in Edo State, BREAKING: WTO Confirms Dr Okonjo-Iweala as Finalist in DG Race, WTO DG: Tributes Galore as Dr Okonjo-Iweala Makes Final Round, NULGE President, Ibrahim Khaleel, Is Dead, Gas Explosion Update: 8 Dead; Houses, School and Shops Destroyed, Only University Lecturers on IPPIS Will Be Paid Salaries - Buhari, Restructuring: Ortom Asks Buhari to Listen to Nigerians, BREAKING: Kenya Makes U-Turn, Backs Okonjo-Iweala for WTO DG, Liberia's George Weah Backs Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for WTO DG, NCDC Records Zero Deaths for the Fourth Consecutive Day, Please email your inquiries, news and opinion articles to. A place to worship - bible classes, choir, counselling, revival progra more. Is ikeja marriage registry legal and acceptable? by kolade | Oct 31, 2020 | Entertainment | 0 |, by kolade | Oct 27, 2020 | Celebrities, Entertainment, Foreign News | 0 |, by kolade | Oct 21, 2020 | #EndSars, Celebrities, Entertainment | 0 |, by kolade | Oct 1, 2020 | Celebrities, Entertainment, Hot Gists | 0 |, by kolade | Oct 28, 2020 | #EndSars, Metro | 0 |, by kolade | Oct 26, 2020 | Breaking News, Metro | 0 |, by kolade | Oct 24, 2020 | #EndSars, Metro | 0 |, by | Nov 12, 2017 | Breaking News, Cover, Health, Lifestyle | 0 |, by | Nov 3, 2017 | Cover, Health, Lifestyle, Opinion | 0 |, by | Oct 28, 2017 | Cover, Health, Lifestyle | 0 |, by | Mar 22, 2017 | Cover, Lifestyle | 0 |, by kolade | Jul 21, 2020 | Local News, Tourism, Travel | 0 |, by | Oct 27, 2017 | Cover, Entertainment, Tourism | 0 |, by | Oct 5, 2017 | Foreign News, Opinion, Tourism | 0 |, by | Sep 30, 2017 | Cover, Tourism | 0 |, by kolade | Nov 2, 2020 | Breaking News, Education | 0 |, by kolade | Nov 1, 2020 | Education | 0 |. Pls I want to know the difference between ikoyi federal marriage registry and ikeja marriage registry. I did mine in a bush….lol and I got out of Nigeria with it 2 months later and I still use it everyday everytime here in Canada. Create an account. See Addresses & Contacts, Lagos State Local Governments and their Wards, Local Governments in Lagos State: Full List & Details, Real Estate Companies in Lagos: The Top 10, List of Etisalat Experience Centres in Lagos, Nigeria, Agbado / Oke-Odo Local Council Development Area, Agboyi-Ketu Local Council Development Area, Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Area, Ayobo-Ipaja Local Council Development Area, Badagry West Local Council Development Area, Coker/Aguda Local Council Development Area, Egbe – Idimu Local Council Development Area, Eti-Osa East Local Council Development Area, Ibogbo / Bayeku Local Council Development Area, Igando-Ikotun Local Council Development Area, Ikorodu North Local Council Development Area, Ikorodu West Local Council Development Area, Ikosi / Ejinrin Local Council Development Area, Ikosnsheri Local Council Development Area, Ikoyi – Obalende Local Council Development Area, Iru – Victoria Island Local Council Development Area, Itire-Ikate Local Council Development Area, Lagos Island East Local Council Development Area, Mosan-Okunola Local Council Development Area, Odi-Olowo / Ojuwoye Local Council Development Area, Onigbongbo Local Council Development Area, Orile – Agege Local Council Development Area. My fiance and I are not in the country at the moment but would love to get married in Nigeria by end of this year, please help with info. Copyright © 2010 - 2020 VConnect Global Services Limited, a brand owned by Mplify Ltd.

List of Marriage Registries in Lagos State. The legality of marriage conducted at local government registries vs ikoyi registry has been subject of intense argument me and my wife to be. Gooday everyone. Apart from the Federal Marriage Registry, also known as the Ikoyi Registry, located at Kingsway road, Ikoyi, Legit.ng has, in this report, listed the locations of marriage registry where Lagosians can tie the knot with their partners. Can anyone with vast knowledge of marriage registry kindly educated me on this because right now she is very adamant that it’s either ikoyi registry or nothing.