Watch Jawbreaker where you want, when you want, with the Reelgood mobile app.

Tonight, comes a selection from Hulu. It's an animation and comedy movie with an average IMDb audience rating of 5.7 (24,024 votes) and was disliked by critics. Podcasts. The DVD comes fully armed with 5.1 Dolby Digital and 2.0 English Dolby Surround tracks.¿ While containing no really good test worthy sound effects, the film¿s soundtrack does have more zip in it when compared to other teen movies.¿.

Her aunt, after all, is Julia Roberts, she of Pretty Woman, Notting Hill, While You Were Sleeping, My Best Friend? As the dim-witted Marcie (Julie Benz) and regretful Julie (Rebecca Gayheart) freak out, Courtney leaps into action and forms a plan to set Liz¿s corpse up in her room as if she has died after a particularly rough night of kinky sex.¿ Which would have worked if not for the arrival of campus misfit Fern ¿Mayonnaise¿ Mayo (Judy Greer), who has been asked by the school¿s principal to deliver Liz¿s homework to her house.¿ Showing up as they¿re positioning the corpse, Courtney cuts a deal with the woefully unpopular Fern: if she keeps quiet, she will make her over and make her popular. Jawbreaker is filled with so much raunch and camp, and the wardrobe is to kill for. As music festivals disappoint, these gigs look more enticing.

Also featuring Nick Lowe, Glassjaw, Against Me!, Hot Water Music, and Bloc Party.

Which sadly brings us to Jawbreaker, the 1999 pseudo high school comedy starring everyone¿s favorite cinematic hellcat Rose McGowan.¿ Before I get into the actual movie, I have to get on the soapbox once again and say how much I hate teen movies where its cast is blatantly too old to be high school seniors.

Video Stores Didn’t Die With Blockbuster — Vidiots Is Proof, The Best Spooky, Scary Halloween Movies On Netflix Right Now. Decline of Western Civilization Pt 2: The Metal Years (Tubi, Amazon Prime)Los Angeles changed a lot between the original 1981 Decline of Western Civilization and it's 1988 sequel when glam/hair metal became all the rage on the Sunset Strip.

I love that bright, 90's, semi-fetish-latex look. Jawbreaker is a woefully unfunny film that even the most dedicated Rose McGowan fans will have a hard time sitting through.¿ The movie should truly be taught in film school as how not to make a comedy, let alone a teen one.

Former Noxima girl Gayheart essays her could-be good girl role as well as anyone could, but I kept waiting for a spark akin to her performance in Urban Legend.¿ Alas, it never happens.¿ The supporting case, which includes such former teen movie stars as P.J. The film version features rare footage of a lot of these bands’ in their prime -- some of which was shot by Rachman himself in the ’80s -- and it’s got interviews with some of hardcore’s most iconic figures, including Henry Rollins, Ian MacKaye, Greg Ginn, Brett Gurewitz, Moby, Flea, and several others.

Popular On iHorror. High School Movies For Reliving Your Teen Years.

Shop. Watching the first two Declines back to back makes for a great double feature that bookends a very weird decade.

There's loads of archival footage, from her years in The Runaways through her '80s solo stardom and the leaner '90s and '00s including her work with Bikini Kill, plus fawning accolades from the likes of Iggy Pop, Debbie Harry, Kathleen Hanna and Miley Cyrus.

If we were supposed to dislike her, it worked.¿ Too bad not much else does. Not, Since the early origins of the genre in the late 1800s, horror films have mostly been told through a very white lens.

From hardcore’s major bands like Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys, Cro-Mags, D.O.A., MDC, Agnostic Front, Negative Approach, Minutemen and 7Seconds to more overlooked but essential acts like Gang Green, Zero Boys, Articles of Faith, and Big Boys, American Hardcore touches on countless bands who defined this crucial underground movement, a movement whose influence can still be felt today. admin. At first glance, Netflix’s His House appears to be your typical, Beetlejuice.

Check out 10 Great TV Shows to Stream While Stuck at Home That Won’t Make You Feel Worse---, 10 Great TV Shows to Stream While Stuck at Home That Won’t Make You Feel Worse, RELIVE IT: The 2019 Coney Island Mermaid Parade in pics, Watch Busta Rhymes perform for voters outside The Apollo, Run The Jewels selling tees to benefit LGBT rights, reproductive rights, pr…, Arcade Fire encourage you to vote with new Election Day playlist, Sharon Jones getting venue named after her in South Carolina, Busta Rhymes releases song w/ Eminem, playing at NYC polling stations today…, COVID concert study suggests low risk of infection with safety guidelines.

It may be the most self-congratulating commentary track of all time. by Ariana Brockington. Games.

Gimme Danger! Friendship!

Keep track of your favorite shows and movies, across all your devices.

(Kane died in 2004 before the release of the film.). Salad Days (Tubi, Amazon)Punk scenes were almost always a reaction to the environments they were birthed in, so it's perhaps no surprise that so many of the most iconic anti-establishment punk bands came from our nation's capital. Director Spheeris interviews KISS, Alice Cooper, Poison, Ozzy Osbourne, WASP and more -- also Lemmy is in this -- and their conquests for partying and girls are mostly played for laughs, including Ozzy Osbourne making breakfast, and KISS' Paul Stanley interviewed in bed surrounded by scantily clad women. No really, as this career-spanning documentary shows.

We encourage you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY. Don't Break Down: A Film About Jawbreaker (Amazon Prime)Jawbreaker's story is perfect for a movie: they become leaders of the underground, they seem poised to break out on a mainstream level (in the film, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong said he thought they were going to be the connection between Green Day and Nirvana), and just as that’s about to happen, the underground turns on them and the mainstream fails to accept them.

Meanwhile the police are closing in led by the take no prisoners Detective Vera Cruz (Pam Grier), who begins to crack Julie.¿ When she goes to try and convince Fern/Vylette to confess with her, Julie is shocked to discover that Fern¿s transformation is complete and is now just as cold and twisted as Courtney.¿ To make matters worse, Fern has now set her sights on Zack and will stop at nothing to make him hers.

Some of the very best ones do this even if you weren’t already interested in the topic the doc is about, but there are also plenty that are great in less transportive ways and just full of interesting, educational information, told by the people who were there. Featuring interviews with Nirvana, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Melvins, Pearl Jam, Seaweed, Love Battery, The Gits, Supersuckers, 7 Year Bitch, Coffin Break, producers Jack Endino and Steve Fisk, Sub Pop staff-members and more, Hype!

And that's a very Courtney Alice Shayne thing to say, but it’s true.

The most infamous scene, though, is certainly a extremely drunk Chris Holmes of W.A.S.P. Not available to stream on a subscription service. The Damned - Don't You Wish That We Were Dead (Amazon Prime, Tubi)Wes Orshoski followed up his great Lemmy documentary with this funny, bittersweet, all-access look at iconic punk group The Damned, from their origins through the current lineup of the band featuring Dave Vanian and Captain Sensible. (Amazon Prime)You might expect this documentary about legendary wildman Iggy Pop made by indie film maverick Jim Jarmusch to be a little more dangerous, but Gimme Danger plays it pretty straight. Some documentaries have a "you had to be there" feel, but Salad Days remembers while still inspiring. Comment Report abuse. The movie is popular with Reelgood users lately. by CoS Staff on March 15, 2018, 11:45am (Also: practice, skill, talent and a good sense of humor.) Tour dates lined up in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York. Get notified if it comes to one of your streaming services, like Netflix, on reelgood.com. Netflix Really Wants You To Stay Home This Fall — & These Movies ... 19 Black Horror Flicks To Binge After You’ve Finished, In A Horror Movie About Hair, The Biggest Villain Goes Unseen. I like depraved movies as much as the next psycho.¿ But even I have a problem with seeing a scene in which Rose McGowan goes off to a sleazy bar, picks up some skuzzy stranger (former boyfriend, would-be shocker, and TV¿s Paul Pfeiffer Brian ¿Marilyn Manson¿ Warner), and has sex with him ( I'm being nice here) as the dead body of the girl she killed hides under the bed.¿. While the live footage of the bands is great, it's the empathetic, intimate interviews -- sometimes sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes heartbreaking -- that make the original Decline a classic, especially footage with the Germs' Darby Crash who died of a heroin overdose before the film was released. The main attraction is the audio commentary with director Darren Stein.¿ It's your standard commentary full of the typical director claims of ¿we wanted to be different¿ and ¿I had to fight to get this past the studio¿ type of information, however Stein tends to pat himself on the back a few too many times for my taste.¿ I'm all for a director to be proud of his work and all, but there are far too many problems with this one to qualify it.¿ But Pam Grier¿s work here is not better then her performance in Quentin Tarantino¿s Jackie Brown, sorry.

Kane has all but given up on his former dreams of rock and roll glory when a call comes to reunite the band via a show organized by superfan Morrissey (who is interviewed here). Because we all get nostalgic sometimes for Warped Tour, Hot Topic and Mountain Dew.