The third verse, “My friends don’t treat me like they used to since I lay my burdens down,” showed evidence of how other slaves treated those who chose God over the African gods. He leads me beside still waters. Will they restore it for themselves? T “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. Do you isolate, lash out or check out? G V

I. ‣

This is all soul-enriching appetizer as we prepare to eat the bread and drink from the cup. I love being at home. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. This little meal may be just the occasion for you to be loosed from the claustrophobia of the soul. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. The arrows flying towards you seem overwhelming and you're sure, Home is where the heart is.... Oh how I can identify with this phrase. And he said in the presence of his brothers and of the army of Samaria, “What are these feeble Jews doing? The past won’t let you move forward, but the future isn’t all that enticing either. We have a Friend and Advocate who longs to spend time with us and care for our weary souls. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. After that, I stopped hearing the song in my head, but it’s still one of my favorites. He cares so deeply for us. This weekend at church I was reminded that we don’t have to stay stuck in our hard situations. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. When recent conversations, work troubles, and sin issues hang like a fog. Lay My Burden down Lay My Burden Down a Folk History of Slavery - AbeBooks Lay my burden down: a folk history of slavery by Botkin, Benjamin. ... By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. I thought my obsession with the song must have something to do with my fear of death, certainly a subject that had occurred to me before. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Blessings to you in this busiest of seasons! Take His Yoke. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. Just what I needed to read this evening Alisa as I prepare to return to school from Easter Break.