Recipes, meal planning ideas and more. showed me who was the real MAC. It came out a little dry. I use all those ingredients plus add some Vermont white cheese and sometimes 1/4 cup of mozzarella (if its a large 12-14 serving size). Nice and creamy, but rather bland, and I didn't like the flavor of Velveeta that overpowered the other cheeses. Mix well. The result was good, but not great. Enjoy and thank you Patti! People really think I can cook with Patti's recipe. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 pound elbow macaroni1/2 cup melted butter1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese2 cups half & half1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese2 large eggs, lightly beaten1/4 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon black pepper1 tablespoon cold butter, cut in bits. Anyway, it was fairly easy to make. This is really Over The Rainbow. Everyone loved it at my grand daughters birthday party, not one bite left. You can't go wrong with this recipe. I am the only one that cannot make macaroni and cheese in my family, my sister and my mothers mac n cheese is so good, now i have found one that taste just like theirs, so now i guess i know how to make it. My friend girl made this during a Thanksgiving holiday in 2001 and I have been hooked ever since. While the oven is heating, stir the bread crumbs and butterĀ in a small bowl. Great side dish, kids loved it and easy to make. Maybe that contributed to the dryness. OMG PAtti this recipe ROCKS!!! The recipe is WONDERFUL!! MMMMM Can't wait to eat this on Thanksgiving!!! I cooked it for about 45 minutes. The ultimate in "comfort food", Yummmmmy !!!!!! Stir well. As a mother of 3 I tend to look for new recipes to make for my family and this one will definitely be on my favorites list. I follow almost everything but I also add 1 tsp of bbq rub 1 4 once bag of Chedder cheese 1 tsp bacon bits half butter then I smoke it for 2 hours at 225 to 275. My boys loved it. My father liked it better... he is a spicey person. Ya'll I gotta tell you that this dish is so yummy and it goes fast. That's the best style in my opinion. I didn't change a thing - made it eactly as written and it was to die for! Made as directed. Was it the whole wheat pasta or did I bake it too long? This is my new mac and cheese recipe. I liked it so much I had to ask for the recipe. If you have not tried it, try it. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Everytime I make it people ask for the recipe. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over theĀ rotini mixture. Ms. Pattie did damn the thing. My mom usually does not eat it, but she loved this recipe. Now I am going to try it. I have been searching for a macaroni and cheese recipe that I love and I have officially discovered it. Turned out great. (omitted from recipe) Add the 1/2 & 1/2 with the eggs. Maybe it's because I live in Texas, but I love this recipe, but I substitute the Cheddar Cheese soup with Fiesta Cheese.