Then get The Morning Bell, an early morning edition of the day’s most important political news, conservative commentary and original reporting from a team committed to following the truth no matter where it leads. In fact, it is causing multitudes more harm and this harm is so much worse than property damage. Block after block of businesses are boarded up and anything throwable or movable has been removed from the streets. We call that private equity. I didn’t think I was voting for JFK. The vote today is going to help RESTORE LAW AND ORDER by confirming and ratifying TRUMP. Once the looting stopped, the nation’s attention quickly moved on. But while this might be the case for some looting, it it hard to say how much of the looters are opportunists. His conception ran beyond the mere liberation of four million [black] folk; it implied a far-reaching alteration of American society, industry, and government. A warm front moving in with “possible election related disruptions” is being reported like an electoral meteorological event. Worst, worst, worst case, I will have to pay you, but no one is going to jail for wage theft in America today.

This expectation has been magnified by the unrelenting media coverage supporting Biden and his campaign. And it became “forecastable” the exact moment the Dims in poer did absolutely nothing to quell the riots after George “Gun To The Pregnant Lady’s Belly” Floyd died from an meth/fent/whatever overdose with cops in close proximity. We have a political system to bring democratic change and a legal system to make sure that such change comes from as the result of balloting, not rioting. The trouble is that mainstream economic still adheres to this lie and has worked.

Some protesters share this view, telling CNN: "If you really feel like you have to take an opportunity, like if you're going to be opportunistic, something is wrong with you". It just never comes up anymore. But the problems endemic to Chicago, the problems that provided the tinder for this particular blaze, remain. In fact, it’s truer now than it was then. Then he or she is today with a huge share of an economy that is in deep trouble. This is a dirty trick but it won’t matter in the end. Those rioting will be triggered by the exercise of democracy, not its denial. AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time which is 10 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), You don't have to be a protester to see why it's hard to hope for change in the US, Live: ABC election analyst Antony Green starts calling state results in US election, 'Folks are ready for a change': Voters line up where they haven't been seen in years, Live: NSW border to open but Andrews urges Victorians to stay local for Christmas, Up to 300,000 ballots may never have been delivered to US election authorities, postal service data shows, NSW border opens to Victoria on November 23 as three new local COVID cases confirmed, 'As the grim reality of what was unfolding in Vienna set in, I grabbed my bulletproof vest', What if Biden dies? Yeah. Trump is going to do exactly as he pleases until stopped by force. Exactly. Thus, if Trump is close or winning on election night, it can only be due to unlawful conduct. We must change the structure of the market. But in more and more places in the country, people are just rolling their eyes at that stuff today. The greatest such controversy came with the 2000 election that was ultimately decided in the Bush v. Gore decision by the Supreme Court.

"I'm black-owned. Donate now. America’s civil unrest, however, will be nothing like the food riots in Italy or the civil unrest in China…. According to a 2017 report by nonprofit Prosperity Now, the average white-owned business in Chicago is worth 12 times more than the average Black-owned business; the median yearly income for a Black household in Chicago is less than half that of the median white household; and a third of Black households have a net worth of $0, compared to 15 percent of white households. Want to better access to more videos from The Daily Signal? Violent riots and looting have spread like an infectious disease across America in the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 25. From the home offices of Civic Ventures in downtown Seattle, this is Pitchfork Economics with Nick Hanauer, the only economics podcast that tells the truth about who gets what and why. The reason? As of Aug. 13, at least 42 people had been charged with felonies in the alleged looting three weeks ago. However, the current polling shows a tightening of the race in critical states. https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1323702850711552001?s=20. Here are 39 photos taken since the end of May, capturing the chaos caused by demonstrators in Portland, Oregon; Seattle; New York City; Chicago; Atlanta; Minneapolis; Richmond, Virginia; Miami; Kenosha, Wisconsin; and the District of Columbia. This time, some of the stores targeted in the lootings have included bigger brands such as Target, Walgreens and Macy's as well as local retailers. The $50 trillion transfer wealth has occurred entirely within the American economy. Martin Luther King Jr. said he came to the Windy City more than 50 years ago because he believed that “if the problems of Chicago ... can be solved, they can be solved everywhere.”. He was speaking at the end of the first Gilded Age, just before the Great Depression and the Second World War, which was Great Leveler.

I think two things, Nick. Absent a Biden landslide, this is going to be messy. "If you felt unease watching that Target being looted, try to imagine how it must feel for black Americans when they watch themselves being looted every single day. Chicago looting proves Black America deserves reparations — here's why. I mean, you have big banks. List the actual crimes with the actual state or federal code of conduct.

There have also been reports of looters in Minneapolis, New York and elsewhere. I already voted, and I voted for Biden because Trump is a dictator-wannabe, an endless liar, and a crook. Looting and violence has erupted in the United States in the wake of the custody death of African-American man George Floyd. Please. We have never relied on this number of mail-in ballots. I used to be continually in fear of an audit from the IRS as a younger person. Like Bob mentioned, one of the most insidious instances of looting in our country has been the transfer of $50 trillion over the past 45 years from working Americans, the top 1%. RateThisPodcast.com/pitchforkeconomics. What’s the penalty for, right now, if you are an employer and you want to bust a union and you fire somebody? Yet, the media seems entirely comfortable with Clyburn’s pre-election declaration that either Biden wins or the election is invalid. I mean, it’s hard to really reckon with what a tiny fraction of our economy is of its potential.

You fire somebody for trying to form a union. The idea that somehow this is an externality, bad air and climate change is an externality. The country remains sharply divided with even the best Biden polls still showing a solid 45 percent for Trump. A majority of Americans also appear to sympathise with nationwide protests, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released this week. Black Lives Matter Chicago said in a statement, study by New York University School of Medicine, report by Duke University’s Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity, Chicago Police Department hit $1.65 billion. On the anniversary in the years since, Lieutenant General Russel Honoré, who coordinated around 300 national guardsmen sent in to keep order in the aftermath of the disaster, said the looting at the time was "way over-reported". Why? People have little tolerance for analysis that does not reaffirm their bias.

It's something Deakin University associate professor Clare Corbould says makes the looting different to before. But the looting shows Chicago’s legacy of plundering Black wealth will not fade away on its own. Virginia Allen They want clarity and reinforcement like Clyburn assuring them that any close election or Trump victory is by definition a stolen election. Dr Corbould points out that from the perspective of those targeted and traumatised by police, property damage and looting are justified. You’re like Elon Musk. We used to have anti-monopoly laws in this country, which made it very difficult to aggregate the kind of economic power we see in many companies, mostly in high-tech and in the banking sector right now. Yeah, and it’s very, very scary and it’s sort of astonishing when you consider that. I think it’s important to point out that when we talk about inequality, it’s not just due to globalization. The Israelites were out of Egypt before the ink was dry on their release papers; deliberately headed for the Promised Land for the benefit of themselves. – Those local authorities who refuse to cooperate will have all their federal funding suspended until they are replaced by the voters with people who are anti-criminal and anti-looting. We bailed out the biggest banks, making them too big to fail, and we are now bailing out the largest corporations through the Federal Reserve Board. WRONG, four months of rioting from the Democrat shock troops BLM and antifa are those who need to be stopped by force, and where were the Democrat mayors to do it? So who’s doing the real looting in America? That life expectancy gap is the largest between neighborhoods in the same city nationwide, according to a study by New York University School of Medicine released last year.