After the product began selling more successfully, the Pinkham family adjusted the packaging and advertisements for Lydia Pinkham’s Vegetable Compound to claim that the compound assisted conception by lowering risk of miscarriage, and that it treated kidney and ovarian diseases. Copyright 1996-2018 Cerner Multum, Inc. Please r. This is not an advertisement! If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available. Pinkham and her sons began packaging bottles of her vegetable compound for sale, and they advertised the product by distributing pamphlets around the neighborhood. Lydia E. Pinkham side effects (in more detail).

I needed to share with you ladies! Pinkham’s original recipe contained approximately twenty percent alcohol, which Pinkham claimed was a preservative for the vegetable mixture. An overdose of Lydia E. Pinkham can be fatal to a child.

Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time. (I'll never know if it was a coincidence...) anyway, there's not a lot of info online.

LiveandBreathing Recommended for you. With help from her three sons, she started packaging and selling the compound as Lydia Pinkham’s Vegetable Compound for the treatment of menstrual discomfort. Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222, especially if a child has accidentally swallowed it. As her remedies became more popular, strangers contacted her in search of her recipe. Avoid taking antacids or antibiotics within 2 hours before or after taking this medicine. Create an account or log in to participate. Avoid using antacids without your doctor's advice. Lydia E. Pinkham is a type of iron. I would love to keep you posted! I'm doing it again this cycle and I'm just curious if anyone else has. I'm doing it again this cycle and I have a lot of trust and faith in it. Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed. So she took three bottles of Pinkham's Now she has twins every year. "A baby in every bottle". Avoid taking an antibiotic medicine within 2 hours before or after you take Lydia E. Pinkham. What is the typical dose of ferrous sulfate? The only hassle is getting the pills by day 3. An overdose of iron can be fatal, especially in a young child. Your Guide to the First Trimester of Pregnancy, Your Guide to the Second Trimester of Pregnancy. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. It helped me get pregnant in January but unfortunately I had a miscarriage in March.

Well, I took it and the same month I was pregnant. According to historian James Young, the prominent placement of Pinkham’s portrait on her products was an attempt to appeal to women. This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Pinkham purchased her ingredients from local suppliers, and after steeping and macerating the plants, combined them in cloth bags and allowed the mixture to percolate. Some antacids can make it harder for your body to absorb Lydia E. Pinkham. Anemia Associated with Chronic Renal Failure, Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency, Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation during Pregnancy/Lactation. “A baby in every bottle” It works! I will try to find this post when they come and keep you all posted. What to Expect has thousands of open discussions happening each day. Take this medication with a full glass of water. That same year, in 1876, Pinkham patented her vegetable compound. Hemoglobin carries oxygen through your blood to tissues and organs. In your body, iron becomes a part of your hemoglobin (HEEM o glo bin) and myoglobin (MY o glo bin). In 1873, during a US economic downturn, fifty-four year old Lydia Pinkham was concocting home remedies for illnesses using family recipes. Does it really work? We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. This action cannot be undone.