("Not Everyone is Coming Up Roses"), Virginie Gervason Roche, Global Director of Marketing & Communication for Fragrance Ingredients at, Siham Kattan, Huda, Mona, and Alya's mother and Ibrahim's wife. She is the creator of the top Middle Eastern beauty blog and Hudda Beauty LLZ along with her sister. Not that I have expected anything different from a woman who is currently ranked 36 on Forbes’ list of “America’s Richest Self-Made Women.” Sitting beside me at the brand’s headquarters in Dubai, she looks as striking as seen on the front cover of this issue- the abundant curls of black hair frame her flawless face, complete with immaculate makeup, and she is dressed for not just any but exactly the type of success she wants in a sequined power suit. _taboola.push({ She grew up along with four siblings named Huda Kattan, Alya Kattan, Halide Kattan, and Khalid Kattan. We’re hiring all the right people to do it.”, Nour Kattan wears dress, Versace at Little Angels. However, a makeup artist at the time, Huda only intuited the opportunities her blog might offer. She holds both Iraqi and American citizenship. Mona Kattan is one of the creators of the top Middle Eastern beauty blog and beauty brand Huda Beauty LLC along with her sister Huda and Alya. window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Mona Kattan, Eva Longoria, Jacqueline Hernandez and Huda Kattan at the Global Gift Gala. Huda’s dad, Ibrahim, didn’t come from a wealthy family, but love prevailed, and he got married to Susu. Also Read: Huda Kattan On Her Meteoric Rise in the Beauty World: “We Don’t Sell Products, We Sell Emotions”, #7: Estée Lauder is the Entrepreneur’s Business Inspiration, In her May 2019 cover star interview with Vogue Arabia, Kattan cites the American makeup mogul as her role model on her long quest to transform not only the cosmetics industry, but also the world.

“Originally, my goal was to become number one blogger in the Middle East, but before you even reach a goal, you don’t even realize that you have a new goal,” she says. Ibrahim and Susu moved to America to pursue their careers and raise their four children, Khalid, Alya, Huda, and Mona.

target_type: 'mix' “Getting our investment meant that we were now good enough, and it made me question to whom I was trying to prove it. There are some very influential companies in the world, like Apple, Google, Amazon, and to me, that is where I want us to be. Huda Kattan is married to a Colombian named Christopher Goncalo, who she met as a student.

Apart from that Mona also has served as co-founder and managing director of The Dollhouse. As being one of Dubai’s most influential businesswomen, she became the ambassador for MyDubai too. “I never felt like I belonged in society, I never felt really comfortable in my own skin, and there are literally billions of people who feel like that. Learn about Mona Monica Kattan: her birthday, what she did before fame, her family life, fun trivia facts, popularity rankings, and more. People don’t realize how much work it was. The team has grown exponentially too, according to the company, in December 2017, it had 115 employees globally, and that figure has doubled now. © FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy. Alya Kattan, the Chief Instagram Officer of Huda Beauty. }); Your email address will not be published. Mona Kattan often flexes her engagement ring on social media. So, I think that we still have so much work to do, and I don’t think that we are anywhere close to it.”, In 2018, the Kattan sisters also launched into the fragrance category. Following a still-growing billion-dollar global beauty empire, Kattan has begun diversifying her brand to encompass far more than just makeup. The use of the Internet pages of the SuperbHub is possible without any indication of personal data; however, if a data subject wants to use special enterprise services via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. Family always comes first.”. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy | User published content is licensed under a Creative Commons License. On December 13, 2018, it was announced that the series had been renewed for a … Picture source: Cosmopolitan.

It’s scary.”, Up until now, Huda has used a makeup brush as an empowerment tool to guide women on how to paint their own stories of betterment on their own faces. References. ("Birthday Blowout"), This page was last edited on 5 July 2020, at 00:29. She continued: “I did my nose and my boobs together, when we launched the brand, because I has breast-fed and felt ashamed to show them to my husband. Huda Kattan is the founder and CEO of the popular cosmetics line Huda Beauty. Mona told that “falling for him wasn’t falling at all. It was like walking into a house and suddenly realizing you are home” regarding her fiance. It will look at her relationship with her husband, her family, and how she deals with online bullies. “We want to support everyone as much as we possibly can and make as much impact as we possibly can. Mona Kattan’s fiance Dominic Nowell-Barnes is an entrepreneur and also works as managing director in ‘The Giving Moment’ and ‘LOA Global Exports DMCC’. Her sisters are called Alya, Mona and Halida. The use of the Internet pages of the SuperbHub is possible without any indication of personal data; however, if a data subject wants to use special enterprise services via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. Spending an hour with the three Kattan sisters, all three of whom come across as kind, thoughtful, and sincere, it is evident that the family support has been crucial for the Huda Beauty brand to grow in its influence and ubiquity at such a fast pace.

To give you an example: when Huda says that her first few video tutorials “were not done very well,” the soft-spoken Mona jumps in saying, “Not very well, but you did it.” Instantly, the ever-supportive Alya, who is the eldest among them, adds, “Huda knows how to do everything, you know, even to edit her videos, so she was blogging, shooting, editing, really doing everything. Huda Beauty's Huda and Mona Kattan Share Tips For 'Treps At SharjahEF 2018, An Open Call To Innovators - The Middle East Needs More Women Entrepreneurs, Migrant Women Entrepreneurs Showcase Their Business Ideas At Cairo's Women On The Move, Kayali (meaning “my imagination" in Arabic), Middle Eastern women, Arab women, Muslim women, to feel empowered to do things, 7 Crazy-Simple Reasons Every New Entrepreneur Should Sell Used Books Online, 7 Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Elite Athletes, 4 Expert Tips for Creating a More Repeatable Sales Process for Your Startup.

I saw that and I just loved it.”. Executive producers were expected to include Pam Healey, Lisa Shannon, John Paparazzo, Esther Frank, Huda Kattan, and Mona Kattan. Indeed, Hopper, an Instagram scheduling tool, recently revealed that Huda Kattan topped Instagram's 2019 Rich List in the beauty category, with the ability to charge $91,300 (Dh335,344) for a sponsored post on the photo-sharing app- if she wanted to, of course. It was a weird time for us, to be honest, because it was one of the very first times that an influencer was releasing a product, but Sephora MENA had a great General Manager who was like, ‘Let’s do it,’ but then Sephora US said no, Sephora Europe ignored us, and they kept on saying no for years, which is crazy, because now we are like the number two brand in Sephora Europe.”, Building a beauty brand from scratch with only four people -the three sisters and Huda’s assistant- and without proper infrastructure was a challenging endeavor, Huda recalls.