Thanks for your vote! But unlike the traditional meaning of family, fam speaks to your inner circle — your close friends, your people. usually followed by a destination. Used to refer to a group of males.

Sometimes at work.

Media outlets grapple with what to do if Trump starts declaring victory early, Waymo to temporarily suspend driving operations in San Francisco amid U.S. election, 2-time Hawks NBA All-Star 'Fast Eddie' Johnson dies at 65, John Legend Got a Matching 'Jack' Tattoo with Wife Chrissy Teigen in Honor of Their Late Son, Our Top Amazon Self-Care Picks Ahead of the Holiday Season, A Colorado Woman Thought She Had COVID, but It Was Actually Hantavirus—Here's How the Symptoms Are Similar. See more words with the same meaning: an eighth of an ounce. Submitted by Gene S. from Hammond, IN, USA All definitions are approved by humans before But in a city that brands itself as multicultural and diverse, where does that Toronto slang actually come from? Last edited on Apr 15 2011.

This one is a pretty safe slang word to use without context. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Toronto icons Drake and Lily Singh have been repping the 6ix in mainstream media — sparking a conversation on Toronto slang. mook: Seems to be a New York City synonym for "hood" or "crook."

In both examples that follow, it is not quite clear if the actors are saying nooky or mooky : (1) At the end of Sex and the Single Girl (1964), Lauren Bacall tells Henry Fonda: ' A second honeymoon. Last edited on Oct 10 2002. an oaf, a loud boor, a witlessly enthusiastic fan of insignificant things or events. on May 31 2003. What is the rising action of faith love and dr lazaro?

Or “Ahlie! https://www.definitions.nethttps://www.definitions.net/translate/mookie. Login, Register, Login instantly with Facebook. See copulation for synonyms. on Oct 29 1998.

), It means “I swear” — and/or “I promise”.

(2) The Joker (Jack Nicholson) looking at a picture of Kim Bassinger tells his sidekick Bobby in Batman (1992): ' I'm about to get a new girl, Bobby. It's an ethnic slur for a black person, seemingly common for Italian-Americans.

A rich football player who likes to kneel for the flag and National Anthem, a real a-hole, dumb, loser. when a person, typically black, yells to another person "Poookie" in utter disbelief of what a white person is attempting to do". This Easy Cream Cheese Cake Is Not a Cheesecake—It’s Better, 2022 Volkswagen Golf R revealed with even hotter hatch performance, B.C. Short for the slang word "meatball" meaning $100. Editors Contribution (2.00 / 51 votes)Rate this definition: Mookie. publishing.

What is the hink-pink for blue green moray? The post Toronto Slang and Where it Actually Comes From appeared first on Slice. Often heard on network cop shows, e.g. (Who’s that yute? mourns sword attack victims with condolences book, Europe tightens restrictions as virus hospitalizations rise, For Canadian investors, Oval Office is wrong place to look for answer to sluggish returns, Titans tell linebacker Vic Beasley Jr. he is being released, Nikki McKibbin Dies: ‘American Idol’ Season One Contestant Was 42. Last edited on Jul 01 2002. Where are you taking me, nooky? ' It’s usually accompanied by food, drink and ol’ talk (picong). What is the time signature of the song Atin Cu Pung Singsing? A rich football player who likes to kneel for the flag and National Anthem, a real a-hole, dumb, loser. 1. Out of 6,028,151 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Moakie was not present. How long will the footprints on the moon last? We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web! example: white man walks into a barbershop w/o … If you are 13 years old when were you born? Gilligan: Sistah who??? Often worn during summer, at fetes or whenever you feel like.

(US, slang, used by Italian-Americans, ethnic slur, derogatory) A black person. .

Submitted by Robert J. It’s actually a derogatory slang term meaning homeless person but often used interchangeably with “crackhead”. To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following. We truly appreciate your support. . If someone called you dotish or said you were suffering from dotishness, then you’ve basically done something stupid or incompetent and annoyed them. You may also like: how Canadian slang differs from coast to coast. “Wallahi, I didn’t touch your things.”, Can be used as a question, meaning “am I lying?” Or as a statement of disbelief, meaning “that has to be a lie!” (“I look nice, ahlie?

The man looked at his girlfriend in a mookish fashion. on Jan 10 2003. Submitted by Vaughn M.

Or $100 worth of something (quantity) usually a drug.

You may also like: Where the stars really go when they're in Toronto. A fun greeting that’s basically to say “what’s going on”.

Wooing; lovemaking. the word mookie means a baby monkey also well known as a slang word for naughty children. Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. Web.

Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web! Last edited on Mar 23 2005. Mookie: Yo Gilligan, how was your date with Sistah Blistah? Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. See also: Common phrases that don't mean what you think. The Last Lincoln Continental Has Been Built... Again, For The Third Time, From bush pilot to international charter carrier: Aviation pioneer Max Ward dies, Early counts show no major momentum for Trump or Biden in bitterly fought battle, Dollar claws back losses as Trump takes narrow early lead in Florida, Scheifele: 'I'm 100%' after leg injury in playoffs, Makin’ Tracks: ‘Long Live’ Florida Georgia Line’s Nostalgic New Single, Catherine O'Hara and Annie Murphy star in hilarious new ad for Hudson's Bay's holiday campaign, I Quit Dieting for Good—But Escaping Diet Culture Was a Whole Other Factor, How to Practically and Specifically Help Restaurants This Election Year, Chevy Silverado falls behind F-Series, Ram in pickup truck sales race, Alberta government introduces legislation to levy tolls on new roads, bridges, Two lawsuits filed after police used pepper spray at NC march, Struggling airline sector in need of 'comprehensive' survival plan, Conservative MP says, Judge and Giants having a hard time getting over the hump, Anne Hathaway Gives Zoë Kravitz Advice On Playing Catwoman, King Jigme Khesar and Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan release adorable new family portrait featuring new son, Asante Blackk, 19, on Voting for the First Time: 'My Generation Is a Very Capable Generation', The Perfect Thanksgiving Mac and Cheese, From the Chef Who Was Most Ambivalent About It, Watch Ken Block Blitz His Favorite Tarmac Rally Stage, Texas election results: Real-time results from U.S. election, GOP manoeuvrs to challenge battleground absentee ballots, Parkland Fuel third-quarter profit surges to $76 million despite weaker sales, Jets GM shoulders bulk of blame, but optimistic about future, The Weeknd Impresses With Uncanny ‘Nutty Professor’ Halloween Costume, How to Calculate Net Carbs for Weight Loss, Real Caramelized Onions, Your Time Is Now, Driven: A Reluctant Goodbye to the Nissan 370Z Ahead of the 400Z’s Arrival, Que.

We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.

Related: 10 mental health terms you need to drop from your vocab. August 17. 2. See more.

The sex act or sexual activity in general.

"Mookie." Ow! Mookie to Papi: I thought I'd be with Red Sox 'for life' ... It’s actually a derogatory slang term meaning homeless person but often used interchangeably with “crackhead”. She didn’t say that!”). In both examples that follow, it is not quite clear if the actors are saying nooky or mooky : (1) At the end of Sex and the Single Girl (1964), Lauren Bacall tells Henry Fonda: ' A second honeymoon. I'm of a mind to make nooky.'

Do This To Remove Earwax, 23 Cool Products That Could Sell Out In 2020, Common phrases that don't mean what you think, how Canadian slang differs from coast to coast, 10 young Indigenous women leading the way for the next generation, How a Toronto designer came to dress Hollywood’s biggest stars, 50 Canadian slang words our American friends don't understand, Where the stars really go when they're in Toronto, 10 mental health terms you need to drop from your vocab, 10 hockey slang words every Canadian should know, 20 best long weekend destinations from Toronto, This Toronto midwife makes $97,000 per year, Toronto Slang and Where it Actually Comes From. (Adult / Slang) Or: mookie : 1.

"Law and Order." Vote how vulgar If you’re wearing battyriders (short shorts and sometimes even a mini skirt), your butt cheeks are hanging out. 3 Nov. 2020. on Jan 10 2003.

From: jack_of_few_trades-ga on 17 Jan 2005 05:35 PST Oh dear you sure are mooky!

What does mookie mean? Ano ang Imahinasyong guhit na naghahati sa daigdig sa magkaibang araw? (mookish, mookely, mookie) The guy looked at his girlfriend with a mookie expression because he adored her.

Sistah Blistah - 1. Sadly, very popular in the 6ix (sad because we know better than to name call). Also a term to describe a woman someone is seeing, but isn’t serious about. ), Your vote: None (I’m chilling with the man dem today.). Hemp Hearts vs. Hemp Seeds: What’s the Difference? An insignificant, contemptible person--usually male. .

The word “youth” has evolved to “yute.” Refers to a singular young person. SEE ALSO: 50 Canadian slang words our American friends don't understand. Fun Facts about the name Moakie.

Definition funny of Mookie: To be soft towards someone or something that you care about. How unique is the name Moakie? the word is – not how mean it is.). 27%  (See the most vulgar words. Google has been penalizing this site in its search rankings for years. Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation. See more words with the same meaning: drugs. Mookie Betts (born 1992), American Major League Baseball player; Mookie Blaylock (born 1967), American former National Basketball Association player; Mooky Greidinger (born 1952), Israeli businessman, CEO of Cineworld; Shmuel Katz (politician) (1914-2008), Israeli writer, historian and journalist, Zionist and member of Irgun, nicknamed "Mooki" Logged-in users can add themselves to the map. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Trudeau rejects criticism over Paris attack comments, says Canada defends free speech, Voting proceeds smoothly across US despite fears of unrest, Unemployed Indigenous workers disproportionately suffering from COVID-19 economy compared to non-Indigenous, Great expectations for Canadiens' blue-line prospect Alexander Romanov, Gucci Mane Reveals the Sex of His Child with Wife Keyshia Ka'oir: 'We Got a Baby Boy on the Way', I’m a Celebrity Stylist and Here’s 5 Style Mistakes You Should Avoid. Submitted by "mookie m. on Aug 19 2002.

See more words with the same meaning: abbreviations (list of). seniors advocate wants change in care home visits during pandemic, Fake news? Aristophanes definition, Athenian comic dramatist. Submitted by Gene S. from Hammond, IN, USA