Actual top speed of 2018's after removing limiter. Discussion in 'V6 3.7L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by jayrx7trbo2, Feb 2, 2016. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > jayrx7trbo2 Well-Known Member. Car was pretty stable but was I was scared as poop, 50% fear attributable to being caught, 50% to going 171 lol.
Supposedly it will top out with the performance package and the Ford tune to a set 149mph, which I think would be incredible for a 4 cylinder, 3600 lb. DEFINITION OF "SQUID".
who tuned the car? Driving over the speed limit is illegal, so most drivers who remove the governor register the Mustang for legally sanctioned track races. Very True as the real gains with any setup are always recorded with a tune of some sort then touted as the best. I swear, this little car hits 100 so fast I hate to back off, then 120 comes up too fast for me to let off, kind of like the closing moments of sex, you just can't let up to you hit that mark, as far as I can remember!! 750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. The top speed would also vary depending on the final ratio in your diff your Mustang has if I am not mistaken. Stock Ford Mustangs can go faster, but Ford installs a speed governor to limit how fast the Mustang can drive. Looks like 265kmh or 165mph for a tuned ecoboost with no speed nannies. I have no speed limiter and top speed is where fifth tops out so about 160 mph too bad sixth gear doesn't take you anywhere at that speed so top speed is in fifth. 2002 BMW E46 M3, 390HP, CSL Airbox/ECU, TTFS Tuned, KW Clubsports, Alcon CSL Cup brakes, Weight reduction to 1350kg and more... V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning. Come join the discussion about performance, turbo upgrades, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Same. Front straight of TWS ... ran out of track before I ran out of Mustang. Is there a factory engine Governor? Big discussion about going those speeds are with the stock 2 piece driveshaft and how that could end up in a pretty bad situation if it were to break.

I don't remember seeing this addressed. I want to shoot for 140, but I think it will take a long run and our local road course track doesn't reopen for the general public until the spring. (noun, {skw-id} US Sailor). Those cars had press fit U-joints without retaining clips, which was the whole reason for the governor in the first place. Discussion Starter • #1 • Nov 15, 2018. Home Forums Technical Subforums V6 3.7L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning. You must log in or register to reply here. Has anyone actually tried to redline the ecoboost in high gear? You must log in or register to reply here. 175ish maybe. I say 170-175 depending on rev limiter. 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt) - Mustang6G.com. 273 Posts . Home Forums Technical Subforums I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Top speed on Ecoboost-is it governor limited? 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt) - Mustang6G.com. 33460, Speed factory getting in on the ecoboost fun. I like the style of JLT's systems, so I'm going to wait until theirs comes out, or Cobb's. I have no speed limiter and top speed is where fifth tops out so about 160 mph too bad sixth gear doesn't take you anywhere at that speed so top speed is …