Beatles: Day In The Life & All You Need Is Love (cello lines). You are fkkn mad! Part Of The Queue -- "Golden Brown" by The Stranglers. Fade Away -- 'Pretty Vacant' by the Sex Pistols. The lyrics, however, included “Here come old flat-top/He come groovin’ up slowly,” a fairly direct lift of Berry’s “Here come a flat-top/He was movin’ up with me.” In an interview, Lennon acknowledged the song’s source, which proved inconvenient when Morris Levy, music-world heavy and publisher of “You Can’t Catch Me,” sued Lennon in 1973. Ezra Furman If anything, they were less a new Beatles and more a British Guns’n’Roses: rock classicism distilled into a brash, abrasive assault with a deeply sentimental side (and an obnoxiously charismatic frontman!). Sad Song - Title taken from The Beatles, 'Hey Jude' (*Sonic's note* although The Beatles didn't, Whatever -- Neil Innes: How Sweet To Be An Idiot. They've admitted to doing it- I remember seeing this documentary of Noel saying they lifted a T-Rex riff but they didn't give a fuck. They Ripped Off The Beatles isn’t just a lazy assertion, it’s a shit one: you want lazy Oasis comparisons? When asked about the incident, Noel Gallagher said, "We drink Pepsi now." 1st "Street Fighting Man" lift — "The Hindu Times." Saying Oasis ripped off the Beatles is not a lazy assertion at all. All Around the World -- The ending is similiar to The Beatles' 'Hey Jude'. This is so lame... You can make a list like that for any band. Innovation isn’t always granted critical acclaim in the here and now though: Motown, Reggae, Heavy Metal, Disco, Rap: all dismissed as novelties by critics until the weight of popularity and influence forced them to listen again with opened ears. You can be a brilliant thief and people will admire you on your way up but once you’ve fought your way to the top, people say ‘you’ve conquered the world, what are you going to with it: you’ve built all these great songs on sounds that were given to you by other people, you’ve stolen all this stuff and made good on it, when are you going to put something back into the pot?’. Up In the Sky -- Similar melody to 'Rain' by the Beatles. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. For a few years, they made some of the most thrilling records in rock (and gave the most entertaining interviews – Oasis never sounded thick and ordinary even when they were boasting about being thick and ordinary) despite their wilful musical conservatism: Yearning blue-collar anthems of escape, swaggering rock anthems of confidence, surprisingly tender acoustic ballads, knowing Lazy Sunday-style knees-ups. Nirvana ripped off the beatles more than Oasis ever did.

Yeah but RHCP's rip-off seemed so intentional: Same chord sequence, nearly same chorus, and same subject (a girl who lives in some southern state in america). Force of Nature -- 'Nightclubbing' by Iggy Pop is used in the opening. Tommy Mack fronted sartorially elegant cubist-swingpunk trio General Khaki, touring with Babyshambles and supporting Goldblade, The Maccabees and Rumble Strips among many others. Erm, it's quite common knowledge that Oasis have ripped off a bunch of songs.

“Lady Madonna”: Humphrey Lyttelton, “Bad Penny Blues”. i haven't heard Married With Children in a loooong time so i can't remember what it sounds like to compare it with Lithium. “In the early years, I’d often carry around someone else’s song in my head,” Lennon said. Married with Children - Apparently, the chords are the same as 'Lithium' by Nirvana. It's also for the 15 year old who's never heard Imagine and he might go, Imagine? Go Let it Out -- similar mellotron on 'Strawberry Fields Forever' The Beatles. (The same critics, of course, raved over genuinely 60s-sounding records from Belle & Sebastian, Super Furry Animals and Pavement). (and I'm not slamming Greenday, by the way), You'll Never Get This Song Out Of Your Head, --------------------------------------------------------------------------------, Stealography (note: some of the hints are more than vague!). The Masterplan -- Taurus: 'Spirit' (note Led Zeppelins Stairway To Heaven was based on this song), Fuckin In The Bushes -- 'Little Miss Lover' by Jimi Hendrix: drum intro is direct borrow.

Music can’t be reduced to a simple linear timeline of innovation and regression.

Sign up for our newsletter. Currently Tommy fronts the dapper surf-punk band White Ape. Accused of exploiting other artists’ songs in the Beatles, John Lennon defended himself by saying, “It wasn’t a rip-off; it was a love-in.” Paul McCartney’s take: “We pinch as much from other people as they pinch from us.”. The vocal harmony on, the end echoes from The Beatles' 'With a Little Help from My Friends', Morning Glory -- the same chords as R.E.M's 'The One I love', beginning similar to "Soul To Squeeze" from RHCP, Champagne Supernova -- similar guitar solo as 'Bring It On Home' by Led Zeppelin, D'You Know What I Mean? The Riff in Paradise city is an accurate copy of the main riff in Zero The Hero by Sabbath. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I've never heard of that and he might go out and buy the album. Britpop was pilloried by its critics as 60s revivalism despite the fact none of the Britpop bands sounded like they were from the 60s.Oasis would probably deny being part of Britpop but like it or not, they were tagged as the swaggering northern rock flipside to the London art-school hipster pop coin: The 60s comparisons landed particularly heavily at Oasis’ desert boot-clad feet. Especially there song Dont Look Back In Anger. Peter Hook & The Light “Joy Division : A Celebration” dates... Stephen Malkmus and The Jicks: The Forum – live review. Oasis were not innovative. Nearly every song on every album takes something from someone else! Swamp Song - Canned Heat's 'On the Road Again'. Doesn't surprise me. That's pretty much it. The head A&R man at Parlophone in 1956: George Martin.

Alot of Oasis stuff sounds just like the Beattles. Because their best songs spoke of pride and ambition and the yearning for escape in a world out to reduce you. Worse than destroying their critical reputation, Oasis’ megalomania painted them into a corner: it’s all about the tunes, they said, it’s all about feeling godlike, anything less is cowardice and navel-gazing lack of ambition. That's just one example. They cut down on the Charlie and they backed off the noise but the anthems never really came back. If Karl Marx had heard Oasis, he’d have told you that their essence contained within it the seeds of their own (sad, slow) destruction. structure to The Beatles' 'Happiness is a Warm Gun'. They Ripped Off The Beatles. at, the end of the line is repeated and 'Rosalee' by Thin Lizzy (Bob Seger), one of the members of, Take Me Away -- Man On The Moon - REM: outro is uncannily similar, Purple Parallelogram - Evan Dando -- 'Take It Easy' - The Eagles: Noel co-wrote this song; chorus is similar. David Bowie/Mott The Hopple: All The Young Dudes. The only times Oasis sounded like The Beatles was at the end of She's Electric and when they used a keyboard sound similar to the one in Strawberry Fields Forever on Go Let It Out.

", I think I've said this somewhere on this forum before, but if you think Oasis is the only one that "borrows" to huge commercial success, try playing (for example) the Kinks' "Picture Book" and Greenday's "Warning" back-to-back. I love both! i know everyone takes inspiration and ideas from certain songs BUT GOD DAMN THIS IS OBSURD.

they rip off so much and still can't make a decent song. Hello -- Gary Glitter 'Hello Hello I'm back again' and obviously the guitar intro is 'Wonderwall'. Oais are known for having their own sound. While the Beatles drew inspiration from artists both famous and obscure, they almost always made whatever they were borrowing into something new, because they were a creative group of lads and because they were careful to cover their tracks. And has anyone ever played Slade's "Take Me Back 'Ome" and "Some Might Say" back to back?

“You rip a few people’s tunes off, you swap them round a bit, get your brother in the band, punch his head in every now and again, and it sells.”. The Solo is the same as the solo on "My sweet lord", from George Harrison, (which, on it's time, was also sued by someone else alledging that it was a ripoff. Originality is an unreliable barometer of quality in pop: No-one listens to something purely because it’s ‘original’. plus your comparisons are ridiculous, most of the songs you listed sound nothing like Oasis songs. Little By Little -- Ending is similiar from the Oasis song 'Champagne Supernova'. Their great strengths, their very identity as a band: their monolithic, instantly recognisable sound, their insistence on making every song sound like an anthem, their towering self-belief were eventually their undoing.

also read that it's been compared to Solomon Burkes 'Everybody Needs Somebody to Love'.

That riff is (when T Rex played it) a slowed down Chuck Berry guitar riff, right out of "Little Queenie," which Bolan quotes right before the fade-out ("meanwhile, I'm still thinkin'…").

Language: Cantonese... From toe-tapping rock n’ roll to darkly ethereal modular synthpop - discover highlights from the vibrant Loftas... ‘They Ripped Off The Beatles’ – Oasis and the strange currency... We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. “We never said we were as good as The Beatles. Director: Fruit ChanCast: Sam Lee, Yim Hui-Chi, Wenders Li Some Might Say -- 'Ohh La La' by the Small Faces. The Meaning Of Soul -- shares vocals with Rolling Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash". People Are Impossibly Horny for Fivey, the FiveThirtyEight Fox, Lil Pump Joins Trump Onstage After Being Introduced as ‘Little Pimp’, Tracy Chapman Makes Rare TV Appearance With Performance of ‘Talkin’ ‘Bout a Revolution’, Kyle MacLachlan Joins — and Wins — Fleetwood Mac ‘Dreams’ Challenge, Trump’s Last Enemies Before Election Day: Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Jon Bon Jovi, Eddie Vedder Discusses ‘Dark’ Times After Chris Cornell’s Death With Howard Stern, Alex Trebek, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Me, ‘We Are the World’: A Minute-by-Minute Breakdown, The First Commandment of Tom Hanks: ‘Excel at Your Life’s Work’. Setting Sun - The Chemical Brothers -- Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles: based around on this song; thus working title 'Tomorrow Never Noels'. Oasis never really recovered.

Alive -- Guitar solo is said to be the same as 'Girl Afraid' by The Smiths.