We’re hiring!

With Old Spice, I plan to be me, I plan to be honest, I plan to be real.

Old Spice had to keep up with the punch. Follow @CNBCtech on Twitter for the latest tech and advertising industry news. Why? All Rights Reserved. Measure, optimize, and plan your TV against business outcomes.

The latest thought leadership, blog posts, announcements and press mentions, Connect with iSpot.tv at these industry events.

Nike, Starbucks, LVMH finding success in China amid the trade war. TV marketing doesn't need to be in a silo. On Tuesday, the Tennessee Titans running back was named the newest Old Spice Guy.

And sales spiked: Adweek reported in 2010 that according to Nielsen, sales of Old Spice Body Wash rose 11% in the prior 12 months, with sales appearing to accelerate after the campaign began. P&G said the campaign resulted in a 300% traffic increase to its website and a "significant impact on Old Spice sales, both for body wash and the overall franchise," the company said on a fact sheet about the campaign.

I’ve learned that if somebody doesn’t pick you for a job, it’s okay. The meta original spot featured Mustafa speaking to a female audience about buying the Procter & Gamble-owned brand's products for their partners. I had meetings of course, but nothing ever panned out. Well, now, WE do. Got a confidential news tip? It was nominated for an Emmy and won a Grand Prix for film at the biggest ad awards festival, Cannes Lions. If you’re kind and unique, people will remember you. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. The venerable grooming brand unveiled its “Men Have Skin Too” campaign today, featuring Cole as the face of Old Spice’s new “Fresher Collection.” The actor will appear in broadcast and digital spots, as well as social media ads promoting the new antiperspirant, deodorant, body wash and shampoo line, which focuses on fresh scents and real ingredients (think: products infused with lavender, mint, charcoal and shea butter). I mean who watches commercials for fun? Old Spice, we salute you, and in turn have compiled the 42 greatest ads for helping us smell better. 2019 is shaping up to be Deon Cole’s year, and to hear the actor and comedian tell it, “the stars have lined up and everything is coming together.” Fresh off the Season 2 premiere of Freeform’s “Grown-ish,” with Cole reprising his “Black-ish” role of Professor Charlie Telphy, the actor takes on a slightly different role this month, as the brand new global ambassador for Old Spice.

Old Spice has managed to bring commercials from a TV necessity to something we all look forward to. And that’s what’s going on.

Shop for old spice commercial online at Target.

Mustafa's son is played by actor Keith Powers in the new spots. The commercial became an instant hit and appealed both to women and men. The new campaign kicks off Wednesday to promote new "Ultra Smooth" grooming products from the brand. Plug in TV to the rest of your data and marketing stack. Free shipping on orders of $35+ and save 5% every day with your Target RedCard. If you buy something through our links, PMC may earn an affiliate commission. © Copyright 2020 Variety Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. I think that’s why I appreciate “Black-ish” and “Grown-ish” and a lot of the other great Black television shows right now — they’re not just showing a Black face, but representing the Black voice. The campaign played off the fact that women influence the vast majority of consumer spending in the U.S.

Mustafa is joined by “Straight Outta Compton” actor Keith Powers in the new campaign. In doing so, he is also featured in a new commercial called Unstoppable: In the commercial, Henry is in virtual form and can be seen running through and then dragging defenders out of the stadium and through different areas while holding a stick of “Triple Protection Old Spice Sweat Defense.”. And now it’s all panning out. It's not a stretch to say that Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like” commercial, which dropped in 2010, completely changed the way people viewed the 83-year-old brand. The new campaign kicks off Wednesday to promote new "Ultra Smooth" grooming products from the Old Spice, including a combination antiperspirant-deodorant, a deodorant and a body wash in "clean, subtle scents" like one the brand said smells of lime seltzer, melon and blackcurrant. Global Business and Financial News, Stock Quotes, and Market Data and Analysis. Sign up for free newsletters and get more CNBC delivered to your inbox.

The ad's creators told Ad Age in 2014 they sought to speak to women "without alienating guys and longtime Old Spice users."

They want to see real stories come across their screens.

The Old Spice advertising department has not only successfully reinvented their image for a younger generation, but left you with a smile on your face after a TV spot. .

Old Spice worked with Wieden & Kennedy Portland for the reboot. Isaiah Mustafa, the “Old Spice Guy,” is back in a new campaign for the Procter & Gamble brand.

What made you want to partner with Old Spice? As for why he thinks he’s the perfect spokesperson, Cole says it’s all about finding humor in life and always keeping it real. On Tuesday, the Tennessee Titans running back was named the newest Old Spice Guy. But a spokesman declined to elaborate on the nature of that appearance or say whether it would be in a standalone commercial spot during the Super Bowl. In the past 30 days, Old Spice has had 3,494 airings and earned an airing rank of #295 with a spend ranking of #256 as compared to all other advertisers.

Look at yourself and see the differences between you and everyone else, and believe in what you have to offer. We have skin too and we’ve been overlooked all these years; we’ve been played! The film, titled “O Filme Infinito” (endless commercial), will also air …

Writer for Total Pro Sports Since August 31, 2015. Lists of fascinating print ads, notable advertising campaigns, and tons of TV commercials we'll never forget. Everybody in commercials usually walks around like they’re so perfect, but we’re showing a more human side to this. Derrick Henry is a rising star in the NFL, which has led to him landing a partnership with Old Spice. What do you hope people take away from this new campaign? Henry’s spot will also reportedly air on national television during the Titans-Indianapolis Colts “Thursday Night Football” matchup on November 12th. Apparently, because Mustafa says anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. Old Spice is bringing back "Smell Like a Man, Man" in a new campaign to mark the tenth anniversary of the original commercial.

. Derrick Henry Named New Old Spice Guy, Featured in Hilarious Commercial (VIDEO).

Please be aware that our site is best experienced with Ad Blockers turned off. You can connect with Old Spice on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The campaign won Old Spice … Old Spice [made] sprayed a man of my son / Mom’s Song / Welcome To Manhood / Spray Goodbye to Boyhood. Also, why 42? I remember watching “Soul Train” and they used to show Black people in Afro Sheen commercials and I would think that was so great, to see Black people represented in advertising, even if it was just on a show like “Soul Train.” This is definitely something I’ve dreamed about from a young age, to be an ambassador not only for a brand, but for my community.