Amoxicillin for goats. Kids should be given 3 cc orally every 12 hours until feces has returned to normal. In goats, amoxicillin is indicated for the treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by, among other microorganisms, Mannheimia haemolytica, P. multocida, H. somnus, but … Get exclusive offers, coupons, and limited-time discounts delivered to your inbox. You don't want to give them too much epinepherine either.

We're just under an acre, so I knew we couldn't do it.) Did any of your goats have any injuries? I like to keep stuff like Excede on hand. That is one of those drugs that isn't worth taking a chance on. We mostly use these products for respitory problems, eye infections, and any type of discharge, abortion or problems after a doe kids. In goats, amoxicillin is indicated for the treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by, among other microorganisms, Please read them carefully before browsing or using the site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 800-370-4838 for assistance.

The buckling's eyelashes are not rolled in, if they were I would be making the long trip back and exchanging him, lol. If you're not treating a gut bacteria (ie: Ecoli) then you don't want to give antibiotics orally to a goat. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Vicentel, J.M. MEDICATIONS USED IN GOATS Withdrawal Time ANTIBIOTICS Brand Name Approval Dosage Route Frequency Meat Milk Procain Pen G Crysticillin extra label 10,000-20,000 IU/lb SQ QD 14-20 days 5 days Benzathine Pen G Pen The only oral antibiotic I keep on hand is Oral Neomycin and use it for gut bacterias. Your use of the Valley Vet Supply website is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We had 6 goats altogether, 2 males and a wether in one pen and 3 does in another pen. You don't want to give them too much epinepherine either. Other than that pen should be given as an injection. Likely not. Likely not. We have antibiotics and sulfas in bolus, liquid, tablet, injectable and powder form. But will amoxicillin treat the eye condition? So some of you may remember me freaking out when Hoover died after a reaction to Pen G. I was pretty much scarred for life, lol.

Congrats on your new babies! We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Your symptoms don't sound like Listeriosis to me. But I was wondering if you can give a goat or goat kid amoxicllian orally? There are no items in your shopping cart. Just draw up the amount you need in the syringe, remove the needle and drench the goat. Treat swine dysentery, scours and pneumonia with GentaMed, Agrimycin 343, SpectoGard and Terramycin scour tablets. V. Anesthetics and Withdrawal Time Tranquilizers Brand Name Approval Dosage Route Meat Milk Ketamine Ketaset® extra-label 5-10 mg/kg IV or IM 3 days 48 hours Lidocaine Lidocaine extra-label Variable for local anesthesia use, 1% in goats Thiamylal Na Biotal extra-label 10-20 mg/kg IV 1 day 24 hours Xylazine Rompun® extra-label 0.05-0.1 mg/kg IV or IM 5 days 72 hours Definately one for scratching the head on. RH Farms Boer, Nubian, LaMancha Goats Suffolk cross & Dorper Sheep. Teach only Love...for that is what You are :angel: A forum community dedicated to living sustainably and self sufficiently. Dosage is ½ Tagamet (200mg tablet) per 100 lbs., once a day for 3-5 days.

W�ޙ߉p�Ntr��\��� �g�H��0�ȍ�v�r]z�^���;�e�F���sb�L��ڋ{�ֹI���sr��=n>��# E���m�ʫ]�)/��7��Z�6��������ډ>j@A��l���t��^����e���j}+��AK o��¬O: �-�tؙ�z���YGk/v_u��R*�7R�Q�~�%����:�l����~�m��sq��s�Jߟ���(�6���0&����)*�e|�@�"�� >^r�=� /=��t�ؤ=�XF� t�#ƍ��M�&d?���j�)�v�{�B$X�@A��S�*q���a��;�JT"�W�9i6j��K�q9n%���L��� Common Questions and Answers about Amoxicillin for goats.

Please reference your browser help section for enabling Javascript. Just keep that at my side to in case of goat reaction emergency? Goat dose: Oral 30mg/kg (665mg/50 pounds) twice daily.

I would use that instead of salt water. x��Ir�1�#^1GL˚f�u�bKVh%!_ ��mlA�����;�DgUwUfugπ4((x@GwUV�[���Y�����=x�W�_��[�[�}������L/�s>ä���O�ሰR��n��lO�r��KX��`V��{돻���e����c>7?����j����ߜ\�z(��wN������#�A��!���� ����=�]����;�6��B����V�ЇF�/�\-|�p_�#��&�"��9�2-$��#����� Come join the discussion about livestock, farming, gardening, DIY projects, hobbies, recipes, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Amoxicillin Amoxi-inject® extra-label 5 mg/lb SQ Once a day 26 days 120 hrs. RH Farms Boer, Nubian, LaMancha Goats Suffolk cross & Dorper Sheep. I have not posted about the new goat babies for two reasons, one the evil puppy chewed my camera cord :flame: so I cannot download any pictures till the new one gets here. A broad spectrum antibiotic and sulfa combination with a wide spectrum of activity against gram negative and positive organisms. It is suspected Listeriosis. Weird question, but can epinephrine in the form of an epinephrine autoinjector (human epi-pen) be used for goats? ... Due to a recent oral … JavaScript is disabled. TAGAMET This is an over-the-counter drug store item that can be used on goats in conjunction with oral antibiotics, to help keep from upsetting the stomach, for gut-related problems, such as Coccidiosis. A long enough course of antibiotics ensures it is killed, so it won't come back again, resistant to the antibiotic you used. Do you have any saline solution to rinse his eye with? never tried it on goats but did give it to cats and dogs. (FDA, 1999). Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. Andi. Down on the knees was the only symptom??

acid in six goats following a single oral administration of amoxicillin and cla vulanic acid in combination at a dosage of 25 mg/kg (20 mg/kg of amoxi- cilllin and 5 mg/kg of clavulanic acid). Read about needle sizes for different animal species and how to vaccinate an animal using a syringe and needles here . https://www.facebook.com/UdderlyPreciousSoaps, Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 3290 W. Big Beaver Rd. Subscribe to MedHelp's free newsletter for Community Support, Experience, and Guidance.

zV9|Xu�%EV>%��qJ��@@�dq�w\�Y�3��J"�OO�12J�uJ�����\��?��; ӈVC���D�L:8�,�s��o]�S��m$��D?�X�3��ۛN�^��A%c6����o�籰�׮S%4�P����&�����%L��2�����nF���r�/�Ϊ�f�-��7��A�Ǝ��S~���]!�_���+ ��z:� X/0�)���)繈 ���n�p���Y��cץ�#F6�ɨSq=��C6I���:�~��~MB[a�qE��*�,X��g�f�j�D�)[В�T��;���o�C�Ee99s1��%BC�c4��pȊ�]��YõT��;��P�%�ɕKՂ�. I'm sure you could use your epi pen but I have no idea how much. Epinepherine is cheap enough that I keep a small bottle of it on hand. Common Questions and Answers about Amoxicillin for goats amoxil A few years ago, I jokingly suggested we get goats for the yard.

For specific questions about vaccines or antibiotics for livestock, dogs or cats, call your veterinarian. The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. (It's against city ordinance to keep farm stock on a lot smaller than one acre.

%PDF-1.3 My first question would be what are you using it orally for. I accidentally in my flu fogged mind left out my Pen G for about 8 hours in the family room so I think that it is trash now. ����إ� vf�� ����t�ʬ����z0M�h���D��W� But would it work for a reaction to a vaccination or other SubQ or IM injection? I know they make a triple antibiotic ointment for the eye because I have some the vet gave me for our dog before. Oral – Taken through the mouth.

It is effective against E.Coli, as well as other bacterial infections in the digestive system.

Welcome Guest. Just draw up the amount you need in the syringe, remove the needle and drench the goat. Carceles1, E. Escudero1,4, M.S. It sounds more like tetanus. I do have something called Ocean and it is a saline solution but I have no idea how old it is. You may not copy my posts or pictures without my consent on this board or any other. Epinepherine is cheap enough that I keep a small bottle of it on hand. Also I have the flu so I am not doing to well.

Can anyone shed some info on this please? I would not give PenG orally. I have one, not because of a bee allergy, but because I keep bees, I keep one on hand in the case of the bees having a stingfest (not one or two stings, or even a dozen, but an angry swarm). even a scratch will allow tetanus into the body from the ground. amoxil. Dosage is 1 cc for goats under 60 lbs and 2 cc for goats over 60 lbs, with a two-injection series 21 days apart the first time and annually thereafter. Benzathine Pen G Pen BP-48® extra-label 20,000 IU/lb SQ Every 48 hours 30 days NA I am all to familiar with entropin since my LGD puppy had it. We also have a 2 month old baby in with the does. But will amoxicillin treat the eye condition? Click here to remove banner ads from this forum. (It's against city ordinance to keep farm stock on a lot smaller than one acre. Also I don't know about the amoxicillin for people orally. This is an over the counter, sulfa-based antibiotic that is used for kids and adult goats that have diarrhea when the underlying cause is not Coccidiosis. You can give stuff like this orally to infant goatlings because until they are chewing cud they really are just puppies.