Now my X, after already showing all the labeled people as pulled from iCloud and after scanning all 7000 photos, is showing the message below as well.

There are many people in the album, where I have only one photo of this person in my library and the resolution of these old family pictures is poor. For the past few months I receive this message at the bottom of the Photos when looking at People. In response to DGWally. It does here - this is a user to user technical support forum and the TOU specifically forbid RANTs and limit post ot technical questions or positive suggestions, And additionally posting RANTS (your is) wastes time for you, the volunteers here and everyone else actually comes here looking for assistance and is a totally useless thing to do accomplishing nothing, if you decide that you want to fix your personal system and workflow issues post a rational question including details - RANT are unfixable and useless (and against the TOU) - give this a read before posting if you choose to fix things rather than just RANT - Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question, Jul 19, 2018 9:49 AM in response to brettschlesinger Hi I am noticing an issue on macOS Mojave and the photos app. It looks like all the people it has "identified" were carried over from when I manually tagged them in iPhoto years ago.

People will finish updating when Photos is in the background Unless I get a satisfactory answer to this "People will finish updating"nonsense, I'm moving my huge library (600 gb) out of the Apple Ecosystem onto Google photos. In general - software developers only have a small database to test with -- so users with large databases are the ones who discover the problems. In response to brettschlesinger. Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question.

That is normal. you didn't mention how many photographs you have in the library. Are you seeing this message only on some albums? After manually tagging a few more photos with that "new" person, came back to People and clicked on the person's face, then scrolled all the way down and this time the "Confirm Additional Photos" link was showing up. Is there a way to jumpstart this process or restart it? Does this include destinations visited via Cruise Ships? Are Landlord's exclusion clauses of "any loss of life or loss, injury or damage to person or property" too onerous on Tenant?

Q: Name the person.

Select the new People profile. Photos may be showing it in two different places: Jul 19, 2018 8:31 AM in response to brettschlesinger automatically registered any additional pictures with that person in Question: In response to brettschlesinger, Use of Photos is totally optional - since you find it do so difficult you should pick a program you do like and use it - free choice is a great thing but use it - no need to attack things you choose to use, just choose something different, BTW - Photos works great for millions and millions of people including several very experienced uses here -- if you decide that you want to fix your personal system and workflow issues post a rational question including details - RANT are unfixable and useless (and against the TOU) - give this a read before posting if you choose to fix things rather than just RANT - Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question, and no you can not go directly into the library - you can not wit any database program (Contacts, mail, etc., etc.) I, too am seeing this odd message about People updating. Is the nucleus smaller than the electron? For example - there is no other face of Monkey in my library, so the album is stuck at this message, because Photos is expecting more than one photo.

I see that message when I click on People and scroll to the bottom of the People album, but I also see it on individual people folders.

Stopped all devices backing up to iCloud, 4. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. Looks like no one’s replied in a while. Click the Close button in the info window when you're done. Of course, I understand that the use of PHOTOS is optional but that does not preclude my right to criticise. But since installing Public Beta 3 the album is empty and the phone is stubbornly refusing to process the photo library. I am also an Apple shareholder and have been a huge fan for many years. To remove this message I have to add at least one face to the album, where Photos could recognize a a face. the suggested list. Still the same issue.... 'People will finish updating when Photos is in the background', MacBook Pro,

Apr 16, 2018 10:10 AM in response to DGWally

To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos has finished the faces scan, but there are named people in your library, where Photos could not automatically recognize enough faces of this person.

Click on Confirm Additional Photos to see if the Photos app has automatically registered …

More I see that message when I click on People and scroll to the bottom of the People album.

notcloudy, Jul 19, 2018 8:37 AM in response to brettschlesinger, Jul 19, 2018 8:50 AM in response to LarryHN, Jul 19, 2018 8:52 AM in response to léonie, Jul 19, 2018 9:00 AM in response to brettschlesinger, Jul 19, 2018 9:49 AM in response to brettschlesinger. I absolutely love the new People Album in iOS 10 Photos, which I stumbled upon purely by accident in Public Beta 2. - when you choose to use a database you have to use the database program to work with it - again the solution is to not choose to use a database program, if you delete files directly from the directory via "show contents" it seems to corrupt the library and, That is correct. Can you tell use where you are seeing this message? Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Can I include my published short story as a chapter to my new book? My Indian flapshell turtle fell from 3rd floor. In response to brettschlesinger. It has left my machine almost unresponsive for several hours now with iStats reporting 50-70% CPU usage and SSD usage at about 50 MB/s. Blending pastry cream right after cooking: does it change final consistency? Click on the People album in the sidebar under Library. OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), I love Apple but when their need to control us overrides the need to make things work well I don't love them at all . Question: Q: People will finish updating when Photos is in the background After taking 4 months (I am not exaggerating) to scan all the faces on my Photos I now have this message sitting there and no change for days. Looks like no one’s replied in a while. I do realise that Google Photos will have its limitations too and believe me when I say that the move away from Apple with any product for me is a big decision.

Hi, Firstly thanks for making the effort to respond.

The faces have been added manually. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Are you using iCloud Photo Library and optimize storage? The "People" album will not finish off scanning faces on the MacBook Air.

It's very powerful. The problem is, that Photos needs at least one automatically detected face of a person. Deleted all 'People' that Photos what still scanning, My MacBook Pro has been left on, connected to power and Harddrive & Screen are set to sleep 'Never'. that does not preclude my right to criticise. After taking 4 months (I am not exaggerating) to scan all the faces on my Photos I now have this message sitting there and no change for days. brettschlesinger, People will finish updating when Photos is in the background, Jul 19, 2018 8:49 AM in response to brettschlesinger, User profile for user:

Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.

Boxergirl, May 27, 2018 12:03 PM in response to DGWally, Apr 16, 2018 10:10 AM in response to DGWally. Relocate the tag circle to the face of the person you want to create a

Click on the People album in the sidebar under Library. I am seeing this message all over the place in my People album. People will finish updating when Photos is in the background, Podcast 283: Cleaning up the cloud to help fight climate change, Creating new Help Center documents for Review queues: Project overview, Making Photos use more memory when it is running in the background for People Tagging tasks, I want to restore iPhone data that didn't get restored a few weeks ago, but don't want to lose data since then, Downgrade macOS Sierra of a brand new MacBook, iPhone Photos app adds random people to the people album, Mac Photos app stuck on “Restoring from iCloud”.