He was ruled out for 6 weeks,[65] but made a faster recovery and returned in round 10 against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks. [89] Despite his absence from first grade, Farah was praised for his performance which included "a whopping" 62 tackles.[90]. It was hard, mate. [50][51] Farah was awarded the Brad Fittler Medal for the New South Wales outstanding player of the series, as voted for by his team-mates. But I’m here now - ‘JT’ is coaching reserve grade’’. Early in the year he would often start on the bench and interchange with Ben Galea, but by the end of the year he was described as having replaced, "captain Darren Senter at hooker with relative ease.

Robbie Farah was born in Australia on Monday, January 23, 1984 (Millennials Generation). Robbie Farah Professional Australian Rugby League sportsman Robbie Farah brings to Two4Seven an intrinsic level of sporting knowledge and business networking only possible through his time on the playing field, having represented the code on both a domestic & international level for over 15 years. Wests Tigers legend Robbie Farah has called time on his 17-year NRL career with the 2019 campaign to be his last.. Later, Tigers coach Mick Potter said that Farah didn't want to leave the club. First Name Robbie #30. Tallis said "Robbie Farah told me to my face when I was on Triple M last year on a Saturday show, he told me that Mick Potter can't coach," Tallis said. With Farah missing some games early in the season, it was noted that Wests Tigers had won one game from seven with him playing, and four of six games he was absent from. Robbie Farah gets punched by former Tigers teammate Ava Seumanufagai. 1 in the world in men's doubles. Cameron McInnes released to Dragons", "NRL 2017: Robbie Farah on South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers round one", "Wests Tigers destroy Rabbitohs: Greg Inglis a "passenger" in Robbie Farah's disastrous homecoming", "George Burgess NRL brain snap spoils South Sydney hooker Robbie Farah's 250th game against Newcastle", "NRL Rabbitohs hooker Robbie Farah considered quitting rugby league", "Tigers confirm return of prodigal son Farah after release from Souths", "Souths' Farah release 'the right thing' – but who backs up Cook now?

in English football's Premier League, his favourite player being Steven Gerrard.

Farah went on to say “I was running around with the Bears in NSW Cup and I was ready to walk away from the game. Farah was named the Wests Tigers player of the year in the 2006 NRL season, playing in 20 matches and scoring 5 tries. [55], In February, Farah made his return to the NRL All Stars team, playing off the bench.

Farah played college tennis at the University of Southern California from 2006 to 2010 where he won two NCAA Division I Men's Tennis Championships as a USC Trojan.

[71], With Paul Gallen unavailable due to injury, Farah was again chosen to captain in NSW in the opening game of 2015 State of Origin series. Josh Morris. Robert Charbel Farah Maksoud (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈroβeɾt ˈfaɾa];[2][3] born 20 January 1987)[1] is a He currently resides in Bogota, Colombia. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.

He won the 2005 NRL Premiership with the Wests Tigers.

He then signed with the South Sydney Rabbitohs ending a thirteen-year career with the Wests Tigers. You might get cranky at some things, but you've got to ride the good times and the bad times. Robbie Farah Fans Also Viewed . "[54] He said, "the laws are piss weak and people should be accountable for their comments. [40], On 13 February, Farah played off the interchange bench for the NRL All Stars team against the Indigenous All Stars team in the inaugural match at Cbus Super Stadium.

[60] In round 20, against Manly, Farah played in his 200th NRL career match, scoring a try in the Tigers 18–36 loss at Campbelltown Stadium. [96][97], In round 21 against Canterbury-Bankstown, Farah was taken from the field during the club's 18-16 loss at ANZ Stadium with a leg injury. "We are fine and we have always been fine, there has been no confrontation at all," Potter said. During the match, Farah was knocked out in the 71st minute when he attempted to tackle Souths player George Burgess. In the 2013 Australian Open, Farah and Cabal made their first appearance in the quarterfinals. Robbie Farah is a Aquarius and was born in The Year of the Rat Life. In August, Farah was given permission from the Tigers to investigate opportunities to continue his playing career at another club from 2016 onward. [48] Despite playing for the losing team, Farah was described as, "one of the Blues' most creative and effective players. They lost in straight sets to Henri Kontinen of Finland and Heather Watson of the UK.

As NRL Premiers, Wests faced Super League champions the Bradford Bulls in the 2006 World Club Challenge. [8] He played for the South Sydney Rabbitohs during the 2017 and 2018 National Rugby League seasons.

"[18] In round 7, against the Parramatta Eels, Farah scored his first and second NRL career tries in the Tigers 16–26 loss at Parramatta Stadium. Farah was nominated for the Dally M hooker of the year award. [66] Farah was selected at hooker for the NSW Blues in game 1 of the 2014 State of Origin Series at Suncorp Stadium, with the Blues winning the 100th State of Origin match 12–8. [80] He topped the tackle count again in the third match, the only match won by NSW. Robert Peter Farah (Arabic: روبي فرح‎) (born 23 January 1984) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played in the 2000s and 2010s. It was pretty hard to try and find the motivation to go and play and I thought I was done. 36 Year Olds. Farah finished the 2008 NRL season with 17 matches and 6 tries. [92] Farah started at hooker for every game at Wests Tigers after he rejoined the club, making 9 appearances. Farah was again named as second-string hooker in the 2011 Four Nations, but withdrew from the tournament for family reasons before he could make an appearance.

"[95], On 24 July, Farah spoke to the media ahead of his 300th first grade appearance and how he had received messages of support.

SR=strike rate (events won/competed). [52], Making 16 appearances during the season, Farah surpassed Darren Senter's previous record of 86 games as captain of the Wests Tigers. Farah returned to representing Lebanon for the 2017 World Cup and played in the country's first ever World Cup match victory over France on 29 October 2017. Currently, he is ranked No. [43] He played in all of the Tigers 27 matches for the year, scoring 6 tries and kicking 4 field goals. Daniel Conn. Rugby Player. I try and take that a bit personal, you know.

In July, a feud erupted between Farah and Gorden Tallis over claims by the former great that Farah had told him Michael Potter "can't coach". He was one point behind Player of the Year winner Jonathan Thurston in 2007. [100][101], 2011 Rugby League Four Nations (second title), 2013 Rugby League World Cup Champions (10th Title), https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2006/feb/04/rugbyleague.sport Fielden's field day earns Bulls world title, "Premier's Sporting Challenge – Robbie Farah: Rugby League", "Wests Tigers' Robbie Farah writes about his beloved Liverpool, Anfield memories and Aussie excitement", "Liverpool FC - Robbie Farah and Jarryd Hayne tour... - Facebook", "New face of league won't wind up in a fibro", "Farah and his black boots help make Tigers' history", "The new Elias - all the way from Beirut", "Rugby league: World Club Challenge: Bradford Bulls 30 - 10 Wests Tigers", "Farah named Wests Tigers Player of the Year", "Australian Kangaroos Train-on Squad [Archive] - Sharks Forever Forums", "Veteran Lockyer named in Australian squad", "Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah talks with Gold Coast Titans", "Robbie Farah re-signs with Wests Tigers and is handed captaincy", "City maul Country in genuine Origin trial", "NSW selectors go with form and not reputation for Origin opener", "NSW call on Brett Kimmorley, Trent Barrett", "Penrith's Petero Civoniceva named captain of Prime Minister's XIII", "Nathan Hindmarsh picked in Australian Four Nations squad", "Kangaroos hold off a fast-finishing England 26–16 in Four Nations", "Australia v France in Four Nations rugby league", "Indigenous All Stars win historic victory", "Re-live Fox Sports' live and exclusive coverage of 2010 Dally M Awards", "Kangaroos jumping uphill to win: Sheens", "Farah leaves Four Nations for 'family reasons, "Can Farah knock Blocker off his rocker?