She is very knowledgeable and approachable, from the moment we met Louie until he came home with us we kept in regular contact. If you are set on getting a Japanese Shiba Inu, be ready to go on a waiting list as very few puppies are bred and registered each year. The Shiba Inu is considered one of Japan’s national treasures and remains to be one of the most popular breeds in Japan. Hamster Emotions: Can Hamsters Feel your Affection? 07966971171. which he picked up with ease. It looks like a mini Akita, having a similar body type where it is slightly longer than it is tall.

Shibas are proud, courageous, independent, and intelligent.

You also need to prepare pay at least £800 for a well-bred puppy. Within the site I will be providing information about the joys, trials and tribulations of becoming a dog owner. It has slightly longer hair on its tail compared to the rest of its body. If you do not wish for your dog to have puppies, then neutering your dog is a great idea and has many health benefits. Before contacting the seller, you MUST read our Pet Buying/Adoption Checklist below.

Once you have satisfied yourself that a Japanese Shiba Inu is the right dog for you you need to select the right breeder and we will be providing a list of do's and dont's when selecting that breeder. © Copyright - Pets4Homes.co.uk (2005 - 2020) - Pet Media Ltd. Always measure its food and avoid free-feeding to maintain a trim body size. It has a tendency to fight other dogs especially those of the same gender and won’t hesitate to chase small animals. 9 Proofs that Being a Big Dog Owner Is a Ton of Fun. Are you thinking of getting a Japanese Shiba Inu? We wanted to find a reputable breeder to ensure the Shiba we got had received the best start in life and that is what we found in Lyndsey. We’re … It builds a strong bond with family and can be wary toward people it doesn’t know. Japanese Shiba Inu Rescue UK , our misson is to rescue needy shiba inu and to assist owners with rehoming. All Puppies or kittens advertised MUST have been bred by yourself, unless you are rehoming an older pet that you can no longer keep. Regardless of age, children must be taught to treat animals with kindness and all interactions must be supervised to avoid untoward incidents. Nottingham, UK. All puppies come wormed, vaccinated and microchipped with Royal Canin food and a blanket that smells of mum. He loves attention which is just as well because we can barely leave the house without someone stopping us to ask about him.

Choosing the right breeder is as important as choosing the right dog. We’ve set up new processes which include social distancing measures to help keep staff, visitors and adopters safe. Lyndsey had already house trained all the pups by the time we collected ours (10 weeks old) which was an absolute blessing for us. News links are simple bullet lists. Kennel Club Registration, all dogs are entitled to be registered with the Kennel Club under one category or another and while a Kennel Club Registration Certificate may not always seem important when initially purchasing your new friend I will be highlighting a number of reasons why it should be important to you and the assumptions you shouldnt make on the strength of the registration. There are some great breeders out there, learn how to find a good one. All my puppies are KC registered, from some of the best lines in the country.

Aside from short walks, it should have more interesting activities so it does not get bored.

breed achieved CC status in 1996. We found Lyndsey through the kennel club website - we spoke on the phone initially, she sent us some photos of the puppies (as well as both parents) and we then drove as quickly as we could, to go and meet them. The Japanese Shiba Inu is one of the six native breeds in Japan. It has an average height of 36 to 41 centimetres and weight of 17 to 23 centimetres. List Your Pets. Records show similar-looking dogs existed in the 3rd century BC as seen on pottery and terracotta remains.

If we were ever looking for another Shiba Inu we would definitely go to Lyndsey. Once we were there, we knew straight away that we wanted to take one of them home with us! We’re currently experiencing an unprecedented amount of interest, with some dogs getting several hundred applications. Dog Howling: Why Do Dogs Howl and How Do You Stop It? He has given me some stunning, healthy litters and years of love. From the 6th April 2016 onwards it will be mandatory that all dogs be microchipped before they are 8 weeks old. The beautiful boy to the right is Kazuki,  an absolute stunner! our Japanese Shiba Inu breed buying advice page first, or try It should contain a wide range of foods, starting with meat, as well as vegetables, fruits and grains. Along the way I will be detailing our story, highlighting mistakes I have made the hurdles we have had to overcome and hopefully helping you to ensure that you are able avoid the issues we have experienced. We continued his training over the coming months teaching him 'sit', 'wait', 'down', 'paw' etc.

Shibas are excellent with children. Dogs react to carbs differently so if you notice a negative reaction to a certain food, stop giving it to your Shiba Inu. Once we brought Louie home, we were able to contact Lindsey for advice regarding Louie and his development. The Japanese Shiba Inu is one of Japan’s six native breeds along with the Akita, Kishu, Kai, Hokkaido, and Shikoku.

UK Shiba Inu Rescue Groups. Please make sure you have printed and read this checklist fully. It is quite a needy breed; always wanting attention, affection and even food that humans eat. Owning a Shiba Inu means accepting the possibility of having hair all over the house especially furniture and clothes. The Pet Finder can assist you in finding other suitable breeds. Do you feel like a Japanese Shiba Inu is too challenging for you? Puppies MUST be microchipped before being sold and the breeder must be the first person who's details are registered on the microchip. … [Read More...]. Why Do Cats Sleep So Much, And How Much Is Too Much? How much should you pay for a Cockapoo puppy? I am always happy to help out new comers to our wonderful and special breed. This is your news scroller, add your text and link to a web page! This being said, the Shiba Inu is loving and gentle, not known to be aggressive toward people but it is best not to test it. * The decision as to whether you are classed as “in the business” of breeding and selling dogs, or selling animals as pets is decided by your local council and the requirements vary between each local council authority. We’ve set up new processes which include social distancing measures to help keep staff, visitors and adopters safe. This dog isn’t for first-time owners because of its high prey drive and territorial instincts, which can get quite challenging when it comes to sharing food and toys. Records show similar-looking dogs existed in the 3rd century BC as seen on pottery and terracotta remains. The Japanese Shiba Inu is the smallest of Japan’s six native breeds with an average height of 36 to 41 centimetres and weight of 17 to 23 centimetres. Copyright © 2020 UK Pets. Japanese Shiba Inu is an ancient breed that originated in Japan, as the name indicates. Follow the joys, trials and tribulations Kuma and I have experienced during our first 12 months of mutual ownership and learn from our experiences. The Shiba Inu is one of the most ancient dog breeds. Its eyes are dark brown, almond shaped, fairly small, and set well apart. If the seller has not vaccinated their dog/puppy, then it will be your responsibility to make sure this is done straight away. Getting him was definitely the best decision we have made, we cannot imagine our lives without him! Follow us on Facebook to keep up and contribute to our community. Tell us what features and improvements you would like to see on Pets4Homes. Many responsible dog breeders will keep their puppies longer, and make sure they have been fully vaccinated before they let them go to new homes. After a lot of research in the breed, we decided that we wanted to get a Shiba Inu puppy to join our family.

We will be providing lots of information on the site and welcome the input of everyone who has, does, or is looking to own a Japanese Shiba Inu or any other breed. Despite this, many Japanese breeds decreased in number due to the advent of World War II. Proudly created with Wix.com, WELCOME TO HATSUKOI - JAPANESE SHIBA INU BREEDER. Older Dogs require booster vaccinations occasionally as recommended by their Vet. It will sometimes choose to ignore commands and do what it pleases instead.

A typical serving for an adult Japanese Shiba Inu is 0.5 to 1.5 cups of excellent quality dry dog food per day. Before contacting or visiting the advertiser for this Japanese Shiba Inu. Shibas are proud, courageous, independent, and intelligent. Neutering is a small surgical operation performed by a vet to prevent a dog from being able to have puppies. Its eyes are dark brown, almond shaped, fairly small, and set well apart. 4) Picking a healthy puppy Shiba Inu Dogs can make good pets in UK if they match your IifestyIe. The Shiba was introduced into the UK in 1985, they were shown on the Import Register until October 1990. While it can get along with animals it grew up with, it can be aggressive toward other dogs of the same gender. 2) What paperwork should you have

My Shiba Inu is a website about my life and experiences with my Shiba Inu.

It needs at least 40 minutes of exercise to maintain a healthy weight and be truly happy.

If you have any concerns, report them to us. The Shiba Inu boasts of a double coat consisting of a straight, stiff outer coat and a soft dense undercoat. I hope to help you to make the right choices when selecting your breeder because believe me they arent all what they seem to be on the surface, hopefully a few pointers will help you select the good from the bad when sourcing your Shiba Inu Breeder. The breed’s nose is either black or flesh and its ears small and triangular in shape. Please read Login Pet Insurance Veterinary Help Donate Find a Pet . If this advert states that the dog or puppy is KC Registered, it means the dog has been registered with the Kennel Club and will have a pedigree certificate which records all of the dogs details and the dogs ancestors/lineage. Typical Japanese Shiba Inu likes my bed instead of her own, Kuma acting lady like and crossing her legs. Seine Menschen müssen ihn deshalb mit Geduld und liebevoller Konsequenz erziehen. I only breed occasionally when I want to keep something for myself. ― ♥ RESCUE SHELTER NETWORK ♥ ۬ . You should confirm with the advertiser about the pets microchipping status, if this has already been carried out, and if not, when it is scheduled. If your looking to adopt or buy My Shiba Inu is a website about my life and experiences with my Shiba Inu. Oral hygiene is important for pets so brush its teeth twice a week to prevent tooth and gum issues. Read further information on the minimum age puppies should be before leaving their mothers. There was yet another threat to the breed in the 1950s due to a distemper outbreak. Our rehoming centres are not open for public browsing but you can still make an appointment to adopt or bring a dog to us. Puppies must be at least 8 weeks old and fully weaned before they can leave their mothers. And in 1992 was the Breeds first Crufts appearance. "Click here now to view all UK Shiba Inu Rescue Groups and Shiba Inu Dog Shelters." Failure to do this, could result in a £500 fine. Learn more about our boost feature by clicking below. Dog Pregnancy - A Week by Week Pregnancy Calendar, The top ten most popular registered dog breeds in the UK, Ten pitfalls to avoid when buying a pedigree puppy, If in a 12 month period their dogs give birth to.

He is now retired and enjoying some peace and quiet! As I only breed when I am looking to keep a puppy for myself I rarely have puppies for sale but I am happy to take your details if you are happy to wait.