I’ve always liked handles, they often show the true personality of the owner much better than their offline name, and they can be wonderfully creative. I recently upgraded my Windows laptop but after the upgrade, I noticed that my C:// drive was almost full. Second, I prefer freelancers who use pen names to communicate with me using their pseudonyms.

Im really impressed by it. Don’t forget we were the nerds you laughed at and reviled…now you want in?…now you want to join us? TV stations, Radios, and many other businesses now use the app to communicate with their customers. With SIM cards registered, you would be handing over details about yourself too. This is why, in many counties, the selling of mobile phones is fairly tightly regulated and you have to provide proof of identity.

phone numbers are familiar, comfortable for folks to give out, and easy to read aloud over bg noise. This weeks guest is Dr Diana Bossio  Senior lecturer and researcher in Media and Communication at Swinburne University of Technology. else may anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? Hi there, You’ve performed an excellent job. | bigdreamsrealitynightmares. Why does whatsapp use phone number instead of username for identification? This channel will feature, how to, tips, tricks, general information, speed art, and pretty much everything else that makes a channel. Here is your escape plan.

You’re right that you can build up a good reputation for an alternate name. I voted to close as off-topic. If you’re prepared for a little self-censorship, posting under your real name can be a smart strategy.

benefjted from your writing. How do you hide your number and use WhatsApp anonymously?

To do so: Open your phone's Settings, then tap Users & accounts > WhatsApp. On my phone I had a regular contact with correct name and a separate WhatsApp contact with the incorrect name. I think this is bad overall as if the same logic could analogously be applied to voting for example. . Tap on ‘settings’ at the right corner. Besides, instructions for circumventing identification requirements have been available online for some time, and when in doubt, troublemakers can always use foreign servers.” And more generally, as this thread on Geek Feminism highlights, there isn’t really a lot of research that supports the general conclusion http://geekfeminism.org/2011/07/26/reallegal-name-communities-behave-better-wheres-the-evidence/. I'm sorry. This means you can just delete the WhatsApp contact -- no need to re-add. Of course, this is coming from a man who admitted that he would make all Facebook privacy settings public by default if he could start the company over again. Cool username ideas for online games and services related to WhatsApp in one place. Many thanks, I appreciate it! First, you will need to acquire a second mobile number (okay after UCC lifts that SIM card ban). I think it's because it's easy to setup email address and they try to minimize number of fake accounts, so they want people to have one account preferably with their real name. Good response in return of this matter with real arguments and describing etc. This policy has really got up the nose of millions of users of the Internet who have been identified by their online handles for years in some case 30 years!

The use of the app is so wide spread that some businesses have adopted WhatsApp message use instead of traditional SMS text messages.

After close inspection,... MultiChoice has today announced that French media company Groupe Canal+ has acquired more shares in the company, which means it now owns... After six months of operations, Quibi — the shortform mobile-focused streaming service — is shutting down, breaking the record as the shortest-lived... Getting gifts, when you least expect it, comes with a special feeling, and it is the same kind of feeling you get... It’s difficult to recommend a Tecno phone to the iPhone and Samsung users of this world since the Chinese tech giant... Tecno Mobile has just announced its Camon 16 series, and its Premier flagship has introduced a dizzying amount of camera tech... As the Camon 15 launch came and went, something came along it, that being the TECNO HiPods 2.