My copy is the original pressing. Records. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Either they did a new pressing, or I got lucky. On the second disk, I quickly realize I didn't get lucky as the needle gets groovy on the C side with up and down, and sideways undulations.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, My Queen Is Ada Eastman [feat. Repress coming March 2019. Your email address will not be published. Nonetheless, very impressive display of musical uniqueness. My queen is Ada Eastman Play Mass, 1. He wrote the songs, produced the album and plays most of the sax. Superb album – one to give your undivided attention. Politically and socially charged lyrics collide with the angular new-jazz-from-beyond across the 9 tracks on offer here. Band leader Shabaka Hutchings wrote and plays saxophone on all tracks, Theon Cross plays tuba, and Seb Rochford and Tom Skinner play drums. Your email address will not be published. Music brilliant 5 stars. Adonia’s Lullaby The Long Night Of Octavia E Butler Doesn't seem to be any definitive comment on whether this EU repress is better than the abysmal first US pressing. 6.

It's not an album I'll listen to often for this reason, but I'm very glad to have had the experience of hearing it.

Nubya Garcia adds a second saxophone to "My Queen Is Yaa Asantewaa" amid an incantatory Ghanaian-style drumming and declarative tuba. It offers inspired stylistic contrasts, canny improvisation, and killer charts. Band-leader, composer and sax and clarinettist Shabaka Hutchings is joined by London-based bandmates Tom Skinner, Seb Rochford and latest addition Theon Cross to deliver the third album from Sons Of Kemet, ‘Your Queen Is A Reptile’. I don't listen to or buy much jazz, but this is a treat for the ears. Check out Your Queen Is A Reptile [Explicit] by Sons Of Kemet on Amazon Music. Going Home My queen is nanny of the maroons Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some thirteen missions to rescue approximately seventy enslaved people, family and friends, using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad. 3.

Jazz, funk, ska, rap -- it has it all.

In Memory Of Samir Awad The propulsive West Indies-inspired drumming makes me acutely aware of the common heritage with New Orleans brass band/funk rhythms. My copy purchased Feb. 2019 sounds great.

Rivers of Babylon. Maybe better pressing quality?

Supreme musicianship, exciting sounds. 9. There are two non-feelable scuff marks across Side D, but it all plays through perfectly, without any clicks or surface noise. 4. Contact; email sign up; Sons of Kemet; Shabaka & the Ancestors; The Comet is Coming; Shop; tour; Bio; Contact; Your Queen is a Reptile. Notes of Sun Ra and the bebop sax giants. Vinyl pressing/mastering so bad 1 star. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. 7. Sons of Kemet. We produce a unique monthly printed catalogue, packed with the latest albums, reviews, recommendations and best sellers.

Creative Director, Producer, Saxophone, Written-By, Your Queen Is A Reptile , 2xLP, Album, B0027970-01, Samuel L. Bronkowicz Presents... 2018 winners to date.

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. 3. My queen is Yaa asantewaa Until recently never heard of the group, and should have taken note of them earlier. She wrote a letter to Impulse! On "My Queen Is Albertina Sisulu," the drumming and stretched harmony delineate where South African township jive meets avant-jazz (and traces a direct line from Brotherhood of Breath). As much Afrobeat and punk as jazz. Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2019, Lively tribal jazzy funky even with a hint of techno up in there, Reviewed in the United States on May 9, 2020. My copy is a bit warped but sounds just fine. Nothing terminal but nonetheless unfortunate.

Learn how your comment data is processed. Your Queen Is a Reptile signals the arrival of Caribbean-born, London-based saxophonist/clarinetist Shabaka Hutchings' Sons of Kemet on Impulse! One of my favorite purchases of last few years.