Any recomendations? For a street, daily, run what you like best, the rubber is more important. Unless you’re racing, strut bars (or whatever nomenclatire the manufacturer chose) on stock vehicles are pretty much just “eye candy”. But professional race car drivers would notice the difference. They’re most often seen on cars with McPherson struts (hence, ‘strut bar’) because the McPherson strut puts sideways loads on the body through both the bottom mount and the top mount, which is where the strut bar attaches.

Rear strut tower brace, subframe bolts, any other bracing.

Just as the roll of the body causes delayed response, the flexing of the body before the turning of the tire also cause a delayed response. Many cars are already pretty rigid though. The way the question was originally asked would not have answer the question you really wanted answered!

Sway bay is attached to the body and lt & rt suspension. Content on myfastgti.com is generated by its users. you need to do the rear sway too. Perhaps you provide some context to your question, I have seen Honda use some odd names, “compliance bushing” is one that comes to mind. Sway bar and Strut tower brace questions. well i have read in other threads that some FMIC will not work with some strut bars. FMIC? There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and you should tap into it, just beware that not all sways are meant for all situations, there are specific sizes for the feel/set up/use of the vehicle. You'll end up with a mess. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

It was written quite a few years ago, but the information is timeless! VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Sway bars accomplish a different task than strut tower/brace bars. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. With this kind of delayed response, you can’t accurately determine how much steering is actually required until the car changes direction. totally recommend it. … The bar on top is sometimes called a “Stay Bar” or a “Tower Brace” - and I am sure there are other terms as well. Currently I am looking for better quality sway bars and probably the same thickness would be ok. It works because your car uses uni-body construction, basicly no frame. Sway Bar is supposed to increase steering response and handling while the Strut Tower is supposed to reduce body flex and improve handling. It provides some resistance to the opposite motions of the wheels. I'd hit a bump at an angle and had a wheel off the ground, locking the diff. Is either of these options better than the other? Sway bars actually are a bar of spring steel connected to each wheel and secured to the chassis. Putting an upgraded rear bar without also upgrading the front bar can cause the inside wheel to lift prematurely and result in loss of control. So which larger diameter Subaru sway bars (front & rear) fit an SF? what are some of the pro's and cons? does it matter which order I do things. Strut bars reduce the wear-and-tear on other vehicle components. Not long ago I changed both of rear stuts from old europian ones into normal like in the U.S. And now when you take the turns either to the left or the right a car seems to behave a bit different. Sway bars vs. Strut Tower brace....help!!

the sway bar helps to keep the car more level when cornering, giving you better grip and a more stable platform.

This bar merely prevents stiffens the where the strut is attached.

is there any difference. We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. Another term for sway bar is anti roll bar. Too much anti roll stiffness can adversely alter the geometry and contact patch of the tire during a turn, limiting ultimate cornering capability. Unless I was bracket racing, I would worry first about what width tire I could run, second about style, third about weight for wheels. strut bar braces connect on the top of the strut housings under your hood (or trunk) to create a more ridged chassis and prevent body roll mainly. It seems like for the price, these may be the better upgrades. Any recomendations? Your suspension and the strut towers … Inproper use of antisway bars can adversely affect handling also. I did run for a short period of time with them on the hardest setting (26mm front and 24mm rear). “Strut Bars” or tower braces first appeared when Carol Shelby took a '65 Mustang Fastback and made a GT-350 out of it…He discovered that when equipped with sticky tires and good brakes, the Mustangs Falcon platform was twisting so much the windshields would break and pop out when the cars were cornered hard…By bracing the tops of the spring towers, a more ridged structure was created…He also replaced and re-located the lower control arms to improve the cars track performance…. I am in no way a suspension professional, but if you were looking for a suggestion as to what size sway bars to get, I'll pull from personal experience.

Any recomendations to swap from old stock sway bar into something better? It makes the chassis more rigid, resulting in better handling, by preventing the strut towers … I need some advice. It reduces body sway or lean.

“understeer”, that feeling that the car is being “pushed”, is generally designed in to provide feedback for the driver that they’re going too fast. If u do larger sway bars, do end links too. Sway bars accomplish a different task than strut tower/brace bars. What do each of them do? If the car starts to roll as it changes direction, you can accurately determine how much steering you need. My 2009 Honda accord has something called a front strut tower bar which is basically a bar under the hood that connects both sides of the front suspension at the tops of the wheelwells. I have mine set at the lowest setting (22mm). A good one is “How to Make your Car Handle” by Fred Puhn. but if you do sway bars do the front and rear at the same time so you can see the benefit! And what benefits I would receive from each, and the cons of each. You’ll also see them used sometimes to connect the rear axle’s shock towers, but that has much less value, because shocks don’t put lateral loads into the body, only vertical loads.

I would suggest you buy some books on suspension and handling. This is where you can experiment wih rear bar setting if it's adjustible. The strut bar seems easy and way cheaper than adding the coilovers and the sway bars so I was thinking about doing it now and in the near future getting the other things done or should I wait to do the strut bar until after I do the coilovers and the sway bars? Now that you have provided context, we can give you good responses. JavaScript is disabled. At 110k, you need new shocks. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests.