), it devotes specific attention to the Levites, their numbers and duties (iii., iv.).

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand, Like the last part of Exodus, and the whole of Leviticus, the first part of Numbers, i.-x. 27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. These Things, My Brother Aurelius, Most Dear unto Me... Annunciation to Zacharias of the Birth of John the Baptist. Coming soon: our Thanksgiving email series will be an exercise in biblical renewal. Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. On this occasion, Paul and his companions formally presented to the leaders of the work at Jerusalem the contributions forwarded by the Gentile churches for the support of the poor among their Jewish brethren. The Lord bless thee, and keep thee - The second clause here, as in the other three verses, defines more closely the general tenor of the preceding one. God Himself provides a formula, through which from time to time, as His people by obedience place themselves in true and right relationship to Him, the authorised mediators may pronounce and communicate His special blessing to them. Psa 109: 4. 38.

Paul a Prisoner[This chapter is based on Acts 21:17 to 23:35..] When we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. and the order of the camp (ii. It was a Jewish tradition that this blessing was given at the close of the daily sacrifice. American Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610b8acc470), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x5610b8acc5d8), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x5610b8acc7b8), Brenton Translaton of the Septuagint (LXX)ARRAY(0x5610b8ac8020), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x5610b8ac7e40), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x5610b8ac7c60), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x5610b8ac7a80), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x5610b8ac76c0), English Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610b8ac74e0), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x5610b8ac7300), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x5610b8ac7120), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x5610b8ac2fb8), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x5610b8ac2dd8), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x5610b8ac2bf8), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x5610b8ac2838), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x5610b8ac23e8), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x5610b8ac2208), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610b8abe058), New International VersionARRAY(0x5610b8abdc50), New Living TranslationARRAY(0x5610b8abd890), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x5610b8abd4d0), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x5610b8abd2f0), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610b8ab8fa8), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x5610b8ab8dc8), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x5610b8ab8828), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x5610b8ab8648), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x5610b8ab4300). God comes down to us by his Spirit, and we go up to him by prayer. W. McGarvey—The Four-Fold Gospel, Things to be Meditated on as Thou Goest to the Church.

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand …Lewis Bayly—The Practice of Piety, NumbersLike the last part of Exodus, and the whole of Leviticus, the first part of Numbers, i.-x. God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. What is prayer? Learn more.

What is prayer? The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information.

Read full chapter Make his face shine - This is an enhancement of the preceding benediction. These things, my brother Aurelius, most dear unto me, and in the bowels of Christ to be venerated, so far as He hath bestowed on me the ability Who through thee commanded me to do it, touching work of Monks, I have not delayed to write; making this my chief care, lest good brethren obeying apostolic precepts, should by lazy and disobedient be called even prevaricators from the Gospel: that they which work not, may at the least account them which do work to be better than themselves without doubt. Say with thyself by the way--"As the hart brayeth for the rivers of water, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. The Lord make his face shine vpon thee, and be gracious vnto thee:- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible ScanThe LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you;- New American Standard Version (1995)Jehovah make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:- American Standard Version (1901)May the light of the Lord's face be shining on you in grace:- Basic English BibleJehovah make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;- Darby BibleThe LORD make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious to thee: - Webster's BibleYahweh make his face to shine on you, and be gracious to you.- World English Bible`Jehovah cause His face to shine upon thee, and favour thee;- Youngs Literal Bible The LORD make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;- Jewish Publication Society Bible.

6.)

The LORD bless you, and keep you [protect you, sustain you, and guard you]; The LORD make His face shine upon you [with favor], And be gracious to you [surrounding you with lovingkindness]; The LORD lift up His countenance (face) upon you [with divine approval], And give you peace [a tranquil heart and life].’ 25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. The Lord make his face shine vpon thee, and be gracious vnto thee: - King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible Scan The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; - New American Standard Version (1995) Jehovah make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: - American Standard Version (1901) Lift up his countenance upon thee - i. e. especially direct His thought and care toward thee: compare 2 Kings 9:32, and similar phrases in Genesis 43:29; Genesis 44:21. “The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:”

Cause himself, the sun of righteousness, to arise and shine upon them, and give both spiritual light and heat unto them; grant his gracious presence, the manifestations of himself, communion with him, clearer discoveries of his love, of interest in him, and an increase of spiritual light and knowledge of his Gospel, and the truths of it, and of his mind and will: and be gracious unto thee; by granting larger measures of grace out of his fulness, by leading more abundantly into it, and making fresh and frequent applications of it; grace is often wished for from Christ as well as from the Father.

Through such loving providence alone could the peace of God in which the blessing closes be given. In Context Parallel.

You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account.

2. 25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. Things to be Meditated on as Thou Goest to the Church.

King James Version (KJV). Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? With the “face” or “eye of the Lord accordingly is connected alike the judicial visitation of the wicked. ), it devotes specific attention to the Levites, their numbers and duties (iii., iv.). It is an offering, (at Jerusalem.

Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus.

…St. Those that we are to perform in the church are either several from our own souls, or else jointly with the congregation.

Psalm 80:3 Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine…

On this occasion, Paul and his companions formally presented to the leaders of the work at Jerusalem the contributions forwarded by the Gentile churches for the support of the poor among their Jewish brethren. 27And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:25-26 King James Version (KJV) 25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 1. God comes down to us by his Spirit, and we go up to him by prayer.

Psa 109: 4. Verse Concepts. [This chapter is based on Acts 21:17 to 23:35..] When we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. Go to. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away!

What are the benefits of creating an account?

It is rhythmical, consists of three distinct parts, and mounts by gradual stages to that peace which forms the last and most consummate gift which God can give His people.