The Thunderbolt Magnum 100w Solar Panel Kit is on sale, with coupon, from Harbor Freight for $149.99 through October. With Spring even breaking across our norther…, There are a lot of times when we’d be equally or better served with a smaller tree, and lots reasons to consider a dwarf tree or semi-dwarf instead of a standard, Fear not, you’re not going to see cutesy flowers, beer floats, or kiddie obstacle courses. Gaye was nice enough to share this with me and our readers here. In that case, you need to attach the included cables from the inverter to your battery terminals. Our goal for now is the get the complete system installed on the roof and to add some additional batteries, probably the marine deep-cycle type. When attaching the three panels to the frame, it is easier to attach the middle panel first. Owner's manual for Harbor Freight Tools Thunderbolt Magnum, Download Harbor Freight Tools Thunderbolt Magnum Owner's manual, the red lights will turn off and the trickle, Charger the green light at the top of the, green light will stay on until you remove. You need to use an inverter to convert the power to AC. Plus, all of the manuals are available online so that they will always be handy, even if you lose the originals. From there I moved to lighting and to my alkaline battery charger. During the summer months, we should get six to seven hour of sun a day in this location. Awhile back I abandoned city life and moved to a serenely beautiful rural area on on San Juan Island in NW Washington State. Given my own thick head when in comes to all things electrical, I have always considered the prospect of installing a small solar system in my home a bit daunting.

Required fields are marked *. This Thunderbolt Solar Kit from Harbor Freight is inexpensive if not downright cheap. Following the links she…. There are two sizes of screws with wing nuts.

Again, everything worked perfectly and I was pleased. explained nicely now can we set home solar kit / panel without calling service man . Okay, truth be told, Shelly (the Survival Husband) does not always read manuals thoroughly so he put the frame together goofy and had to start over. Like Like There are plenty of positive reviews on the HF site, but I'd like to get a prepper's perspective. Your email address will not be published. This article demonstrates her and her husbands experience with one option that might work for your family.

So the barrel connector for the lights have the same dimensions as the solar panel barrel connector dimensions listed in this post. When it comes to purchasing one, you can either buy just the 100-watt solar module, or you can get the full 100-watt solar panel kit that includes the module, a charge controller, cables, and brackets. I ran the crock-pot for quite some time with no problems. User Manuals, Guides and Specifications for your Harbor Freight Tools Thunderbolt Magnum Battery Charger. After spending many years as an executive in the software industry, I started a specialized accounting practice offering contract CFO work to emerging high tech and service industries. With that being said, the Thunderbolt Magnum Solar Kit weighs close to 40 pounds, so it is not exactly lightweight and does take a bit of muscle to carry around. The way these things work is that more batteries equals more amp hours equals more current. In all fairness, in my boating days I was quite familiar with the operation of our house batteries and the inverter. Other than that, just follow the instructions. I should not have worried. E 11 SmartBank, (either by it’s own decision in the case of SmartBank Standard or under the control of SmartGauge in the case of SmartBank Advanced) has attempted to operate the split charge relay but SmartGauge is measuring different voltages on the 2 batteries.This would indicate either a faulty relay or faulty relay wiring.In either case, split charging is probably not taking place. If my hair iron worked, then I not only would look good, but I would be able to re-seal the Mylar bags I opened to get to my stored food items.

The Quick Start guide is well laid out and intuitive with accurate, easy to understand diagrams. We will then use the solar to kit to power all of our outdoor security lighting as well as our power tools and and everything else that we have running off of our garage and outdoor receptacles. The price is right and it is oh so easy to install and use. Or, in plain English, more battery juice means you can run more stuff for a longer period of time. As always, if you have information…, In my planning I am confident that I not only know where everything is but also how everything…, Editors Note: A guest contribution from Nigel to The Prepper Journal. But for the basics and for now, this system works just fine. The true solution is to have many copies of your important data stored locally, updated frequently, and maintained in a Faraday cage in case of an EMP attack. Again, no problem. There is a large LED display on the front of the charge controller indicating the voltage so that you will know right away if everything is working okay. The controller box itself, without an inverter, has a 12V cigarette lighter socket, 5V USB, 3-6-9V DC outlets and two 12V sockets for the included light kit. The installation was simple. Summary of Contents for Thunderbolt Thunderbolt Magnum Page 2: Product Specifications PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS Power Input 120 V~ / 60 Hz / 12 W Power Output 400 mA Battery Types NiCd & NiMH Battery Sizes AAA, AA, C, D and 9V Charging Capacity D, C, AA & AAA - Charge up to FOUR each. It is simply that some of us are better at understanding how power and electricity works than others.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); When it comes to understanding electricity, my mind tends to blank out when it gets to the point where I have to determine volts, amps, amp-hours, voltage under load and other terms that are second nature to the electricity savvy. Phillip submitted another…, Copyright 2020, The Prepper Journal - All Rights Reserved. If the grid was down and I wanted to eat but I did not want to build a fire, a working crock-pot would be a godsend. Thunderbolt Magnum 45 Watt Solar Panel Kit ... After completing the frame and panel setup, follow the directions by attaching the 3 leads from the panel to the splitter cable. Backup power is one of the most fundamental preparedness items you should have at the near top of your list. It would be even better with a larger battery. A few months ago I was contacted by Harbor Freight and asked if I would like to try out one of their Thunderbolt Solar Kits. Harbor Freight Tools Thunderbolt Magnum Manuals & User Guides. Editors Note: A guest contribution from Adam of CastForFish.com to The Prepper Journal. Although that was almost ten years ago, the lessons learned were simple: don’t discharge the batteries more than 60% and don’t mess with a working electrical system unless you know what you are doing. As good as that sounds, it is beyond our technical capability at this moment but we are learning and just might get to that point. The battery is not waterproof so you will need to keep it covered and protected from the elements. Owner's manual & safety instructions (12 pages), Assembly and operating instructions manual (8 pages), Owner's manual & safety instructions (14 pages), Set up and operating instructions manual (8 pages), Owners and installation manual (88 pages), Installation & operating instructions manual (94 pages), Harbor Freight Tools 60322 Owner's Manual & Safety Instructions, Harbor Freight Tools Thunderbolt Magnum Owners Manual, Harbor Freight Tools 94088 Assembly And Operating Instructions Manual, Harbor Freight Tools Cen-Tech 99857 Owner's Manual & Safety Instructions, Harbor Freight Tools 69594 Owner's Manual, Harbor Freight Tools DRILL MASTER 67031 Set Up And Operating Instructions Manual, Harbor Freight Tools Thunderbolt Magnum Solar Briefcase Solar Charger Manual, Harbor Freight Tools 60431 Owner's Manual, Harbor Freight Tools 60581 Owner's Manual, Harbor Freight Tools 47620 Operating Instructions Manual, BOSCH AL-1115-CV Original Instructions Manual, Sterling Power Products PT1210 User's Manual, GE PNRQ21RBN Installation Instructions Manual, AA Portable Power Corp CH-LFP25.6V6A User Manual, SMA Sunny Island 4248U Installation & Operating Instructions Manual, Kodak KS100 Important Safety Instructions. It is my understanding that folks have tied two or three of these systems together for even more power. Editors Note: This post is from Gaye Levy at the incredibly informative site Backdoor Survival. So how did it go?

It also includes all of the parts you will need:  a mounting frame, controller box, cables, connectors and even a couple of 12 volt lights that plug directly into the controller box. For lighting, small appliances and laptops, this system works great. Get notified of the new articles on The Prepper Journal.

The bag with eight screws are shorter and are the screws to be used when assembling the frame. Amazon Brand – Ravenna Home Classic Micro Mink Trellis Throw Blanket - 50 x 60 Inch, Linen 90 $37.43 $37.43. Note that the USB port is only 5 volts, okay for cell phones, Kindles and tablets such as an iPad but not for devices or electronics that require higher voltage. The Thunderbolt solar kit comes complete with three 15 watt solar panels for a total of 45 watts. I found it, turned it on and had immediate power. Using this set-up, I had fresh coffee in the morning and power for my laptop.