"He's considering West Coast. "I've always tried to give myself the best chance to get back and this (Saturday's game) was another small step in the right direction.

She reportedly walked off the ground after the on-field collision but collapsed in the changerooms and was in a coma at the Royal Adelaide Hospital before dying on Thursday. "It was an unfortunate accident in a football match at the weekend," Magpies football manager Geoff Walsh told Macquarie Sports Radio.

I just need to get fit enough, like everyone else," Varcoe said.

“There’s historically been a lot of interest from Carlton and St Kilda but right now I think Melbourne is a really good chance to get him, maybe even with a long-term deal. "We stand with Travis and Mason and against vilification of this or any other variety and will do whatever we can to call these individuals to account.". Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley is set to meet running Geelong defender Travis Varcoe in Bali while on holiday as the Pies contemplate recruiting the 26-year-old premiership player. Geelong's Travis Varcoe is hoping he can earn a midfield berth from new coach Chris Scott now that Gary Ablett has left.

Mitch Clark will resume his AFL career in 2015 with Geelong after a three-way trade that sees Heritier Lumumba join Melbourne and Cats midfielder Travis Varcoe head to Collingwood.

Sam Jacobs discusses the length of contracts in the AFL on Trade Radio, Nat Edwards and Mitch Cleary take you inside the ARC where all the trade action will…, Riley Beveridge and Nathan Schmook answer all your trade questions live on Facebook, All the latest trade news and whispers in our daily LIVE blog, West Coast will complete a trade for small forward Zac Langdon, Geelong midfielder Jack Steven's playing future is up in the air with a year…, Aidan Corr speaks to Trade Radio about being sent home from the Giants' Gold Coast…, Former Magpie and Lion Dayne Beams says mental health comes first, This content is unavailable in your region. ", "We will use Travis a bit more differently," Hine said.

When fit, Varcoe remains a valuable player. Varcoe was a member of Geelong's 2009 and 2011 premiership teams after being taken by the Cats with pick No.15 in the 2005 NAB AFL Draft.

"I'm happy at the moment, if I can give somebody a bit of a spell and I can get a bit of a burst myself then I'll be rapt with that.

Having been linked in years gone by to moves to several Victorian clubs, it appears Tomlinson’s time in orange and charcoal is up thanks to yet another GWS salary cap squeeze. Travis Varcoe accepts a one-match suspension after collecting Luke Dahlhaus high in Collingwood's match against the Western Bulldogs at the MCG. Tomlinson is out of contract but has been a mainstay in Leon Cameron’s side, playing 80 of the past 81 games heading into this September.

He certainly would be medium-term. The former Cat played every game in his first season with the Magpies, finishing 10th in the Copeland Trophy after averaging a career-high 17 disposals a game, but he missed five matches last year with two separate hamstring injuries.

It's no good thinking too much about what could have happened.". "Rory and Travis are two very popular members of the playing group and this gesture, albeit small, shows the level of respect players from across the competition have for each other.".