- 203.0 cm, 6'4.8" Most entry-level adult bikes are only offered in 2 or 3 frame sizes, which can make it difficult to find your perfect fit. Of course after riding "this old bike" for a couple months, I have the itch for "something new!". - 88.0 cm, 32.7"

The unifying element is the mentality!

You’ll find that the disc brakes on this bike provide very accurate and powerful stopping power so that you can stay safe on the trail. are all fair game here.

I am the original owner of a '93 Trek 820 Antelope, and I am just recently getting back into biking for health benefits. Some of the older Treks will take a 1-1/8 threadless fork, would need a new headset though, obviously. Vous êtes sur le site Web de Trek Bicycle United States / English.

In all honesty, for casual riding, older mountain bikes can work just fine especially if they can fit moderately larger tires (i.e., 26 x 2.0) which can cover road to gravel. Then ride it.

If you stick with it, then consider a new bike. It is fun, versatile, reliable, durable, and puts you in an excellent position for long & comfortable rides. Depends on the head tube.

This information may be used for marketing purposes by Trek Bicycle, its subsidiaries, its affiliate Trek Travel LLC, and your local dealers. Creating new Help Center documents for Review queues: Project overview.

I have decided to do a 1x conversion new paint and a total re-do. Coming Real Soon)These bikes would be best for local pick-up; I will ship for what ever it may cost or deliver 75 miles one way from Grand Rapids Mi.

I have decided to do a 1x conversion new paint and a total re-do. The Mongoose Switchback Adult Mountain Bike is made from a Tectonic T1 aluminum frame that is lightweight yet durable and resilient. The 820 has been stored indoors 99% of the time, and only needs minimal service (new chain, new shifters & cables, new tires).

You may opt out at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of each of our emails.

A: The Trek 820 comes in 5 different sizes, which are XS, S, M, L, and XL, all of these variations range in size from 13in all the way up to 20in. - 155.0 cm, 4'5.9" You’ll also enjoy other premium features such as the front and rear Shimano Tourney TY500 & TY300 derailleurs that deliver smooth power throughout your ride. This provides enhanced performance capabilities so that you can take on most rides with confidence. - 5'5.6", 72.0 One of the great things about the material used to make the frame on this bike is that it’s lighter than steel, making it easier for you to reach higher speeds without sacrificing too much support and durability.

- 5'10.5", 77.0 All-road, crossover, gravel, monster-cross, road-plus, supple tires, steel frames, vintage bikes, hybrids, commuting, bike touring, bikepacking, fatbiking, single-speeds, fixies, Frankenbikes with ragbag parts and specs, etc. You’ll also enjoy the fact that it comes outfitted with Shimano 21-speed components and a finger-type shifter, making it easy for you to change speed on the fly when faced with variables along your path. They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one.

Mountain biking is arguably the most adventurous and fun activity to enjoy in the great outdoors regardless of you’re experience with the MTB life.

Road to trail versatility With full suspension, this bike is ready for big drops and larger features.

- 28.7", 153.0 Trek Custom Steel, rack mounts, 135x5mm QR, SR Suntour M-3030, coil spring, 100x5mm QR, 75mm travel, Formula FM31 alloy, 7sp freewheel, 135x5mm QR, Bontrager AT-550, alloy, 36-hole, schrader valve, Shimano Tourney TY500, 31.8mm clamp, top swing, dual pull, Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog, Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24, 170mm length, Size: Low-end bikes from manufacturers like Trek are the Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords of the bike world.

This can be good if you know exactly what you need, but confusing to most casual rides who honestly haven’t obsessed over these details.

- 196.0 cm, 6'1.2" A Trek 820 is not a POS. Ben Holt is no stranger to outdoor adventures and has traveled the world searching for his next high.

That old Trek is a lovely bike. My primary riding type is country roads.

Nothing wrong with owning a "spare" bike. Proving Ridge Regression is strictly convex. Trek Antelope 820?

Tim 1997 Trek 720 Info: Then give the old bike a good polish and keep it as a trophy and "coffee racer". By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. How much antelope Trek 820 is worth? To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader.

XS, S, Size: What is this symbol that looks like a shrimp tempura on a Philips HD9928 air fryer?

The Inch Steel Carbon Mountain Trail Bike is packing a 21-speed indexed derailleur that provides smooth shifting and transition, for sustained ride performance. S. This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).

This gives you the ability to find a bike that meets your exact specifications regardless of how large or small you may be. The shifters are backed by a front Shimano Tourney TY500 derailleur and a Shimano Tourney TY300 rear derailleur.

Thanks. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. No 2nd thoughts or regrets.

- 84.0 cm, 30.3"

Keep watching to learn how to safely remove and install wheels that use a quick release system.

Donate it to Sally and get a bike worth owning. Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork. Ne vous inquiétez pas Il nous est arrivé à tous de prendre une mauvaise route. Marketing is also trying to sell a life style with each model, just because you can “see” yourself doing something, doesn’t mean you will.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. It requires some modification in order to make it capable of handling downhill rides or really rough terrain. The Trek 820 bicycle comes outfitted with many premium features, making it a capable and powerful option for anyone looking for a reliable entry-level bike to ride on light trails, downhill, and cross-country rides.

in, #2 26 Inch Steel Carbon Mountain Trail Bike, #4 Mongoose Switchback Adult Mountain Bike.

Six month from now or a birthday around that time onwards from now, Id get something fancy if I'm still putting hours into it. Getting out to ride is the most important thing, a new bike won’t change that. - 33.1", 177.0 I found kdbamaman initial request for help with refurbishing a Trek 820 and the great advice on parts.

(I'm assuming the US here as you used mentioned dollars). It’s also packing a Bontrager SSR saddle that provides even more support for the way you sit and ride the bike. well 800 series treks are the official VRC forum scapegoat. - 73.0 cm, 25.2" If I were in your position I should spend some money in getting it shipshape again.

Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 60mm length, Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 80mm length, Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 90mm length, Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm clamp, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 100mm length. Plus, it has mounts so you can accessorize with racks, fenders, lights, and more. 820 has a strong steel frame, a reliable 21-speed Shimano drivetrain, semi-slick tires that roll well on pavement and trails, durable alloy wheels, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps. Press J to jump to the feed.

Many people have started out on Walmart bikes and ended up on high end bikes. Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.

The shifters are backed by a front Shimano Tourney TY500 derailleur and a Shimano Tourney TY300 rear derailleur.

Head tube is only going to allow a 1 inch 30 mm is the head tube diameter.

These are not really worth putting much time or money into.

You may opt out at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of each of our emails.