The Reasons to be a Correctional Officer... Correctional Introduction The number of gun crimes has been rising in the United s for the last few decades. Many future correctional officers want to help people. Life is a dream, realize it. “Why I Want to Be a Correctional Officer Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/professional/1578576-why-i-want-to-be-a-correctional-officer. The candidate should not be interested in the profession in order to punish criminal offenders or to have power or control over others.

There are many opportunities as an officer in the Army to advance, further education, and grow as a person. She has taught college composition since 2005 and written for a variety of publications since 1996.

Police officer, Police brutality, Constable 790  Words | Some people believe that... Free

I am in the process of filling out a application for the positon of correctional officer and need to write an essay for the reasons for wanting this job i am a drawing blank any help would be appreciated thanks

Crime, Criminal justice, Police brutality 817  Words | This assumes that employment is a major contributing factor to criminal activity and recidivism, on the one hand, and that there is a direct correlation between education and employment, on the other.

3  Pages. I could see myself accomplishing this task through teaching. Premium dreams and haven’t yet become goals.

4  Pages. If you find papers matching your topic, you may use them only as an example of work. Karen Murdock holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing. As a child I would give a quick sentence or a couple of words. Correctional officers play a vital role in the prison system. While correctional officers cannot arrest dangerous criminals, they play a role in keeping them off the streets and reforming them so they no longer pose a threat.

Correctional institutions are unique work settings because of the unpredictable nature of their physical environment and clientele.  My choice to become a teacher was not made lightly. Surprisingly interesting.

Fire crimes raise potential challenges to both legal authorities and society.

The Army defends, protects, and honors the United States of America.

Correctional officers supervisor expect them to perform their job correctly while interacting professionally to the inmates.

Our website is a unique platform where students can share their papers in a matter of giving an example of the work to be done. CORRECTIONAL OFFICER 3 must supervise the activities of inmates daily. 6  Pages. Sergeant, United States Army, Need 1442  Words | Once on the job, officers can pursue a Bachelor's degree or professional development.

Regardless of how old we are, we never stop learning. Correctional facilities are designed to rehabilitate offenders, and every officer on staff should be on board with that mission.

Correctional officers guard prisons, but their career also demands much more. There is lots of variety in this job.

Young people with minimal education or people switching careers find correctional officer careers appealing because entry-level positions do not require an extensive education.

Premium I have good observational skills and I tend to note even the minute details. Classroom is the educational resource for people of all ages. To them, a correctional officer career means more than punishing people.

Without correctional officers, the criminal justice system would not fulfill its missions to keep communities safe and reduce recidivism. The correctional officer’s main focus is …

FOR: President of the Board Premium

Their main duty and responsibility is to enforce the law and make sure that we live in a safe environment.

Want, High school, College 522  Words | They believe in rehabilitation and hope to transform criminals into law-abiding citizens.

This decision was a culmination of a process of reflection about what, the community, and give back some of the privileges that, StudyMode - Premium and Free Essays, Term Papers & Book Notes. This is for the simple, ...Stiffer Sentences and Drug Use America has been on war against drugs since the time of President Nixon who declared war on drugs in 1971. Correctional officers are responsible for supervising individuals whom are held against their will. This is 100% legal.

The stress and dangers of correctional work requires officers to be well rounded so that they can be prepared for anything. dream, realize it. One day they might be doing traffic tickets anther day they might have to break up a bar fight or be involved in a high speed chase.

I would say that I wanted to be a cop, a firefighter ,or a chef. Clearly, the war on drugs has dramatically increased the influx of inmates to the. Have you ever been in the accounting department? People want to become corrections officers for both idealistic and practical reasons.

My answers varied each and every year from wanting to be a teacher, a chef , to a social worker.

3  Pages.

The author states that he has high regard for morals and ethics and know the thin boundary between right and wrong.

In many states, correctional officers can start the job with an Associate's degree, according to the Everest College website. They investigate prison crimes, transport inmates, provide informal counseling, write reports, oversee correctional programming, supervise working inmates and serve as liaisons with the public. environment. The only way to achieve our goals is to know what we want to plan how to get it. Many people pursue a career as a correctional officer because it provides stable employment.

Correctional officers can also rise in rank to earn more income. With good leadership brings camaraderie, the ability to work well with our coworkers and successfully managing inmates.

No two days will be the same for a police officer. why i want to be an officer in the army.

years, I can remember my English teachers asking things like what do I want to be when I grow up?

Over thirteen years ago, as a young Private First Class, I had the same attitude as most Soldiers when they enlist into the Army; four years and I’m done.

Accountant - responsible profession.

New York City needs hard working, caring, and responsible teachers, and I want to become a part of it.

Post secondary education is important for those who want to get promoted in the future (US Labor Dept., 2007). They are the first line of defense in prisons. However, I do not place myself above the law and would abide by any instructions given to me by my seniors. As a young man entering my senior year of high school, my mind races as I try to figure out what it is that I’ll commit my life to. However, over the past thirteen years I have come to embrace all that the Army stands for. Correctional officers guard prisons, but their career also demands much more. … Download full paper File format:.doc, available for editing 4  Pages.

Accountant, Ancient Egypt, Accountancy 759  Words |

The Army defends, protects, and honors the United States of America.

4  Pages. October 11, 2011 They believe they can provide discipline and stability to people whose lives have neither. Why do you want to work as a correctional officer? As a teenager, I was expected to contemplate and compile a three page written paper . The main reason for this is that I want to do something to help the community, and give back some of the privileges that I enjoyed. According to the paper findings, it can, therefore, be said that correctional officers are in continuous contact with the inmates; hence the work environment is hazardous and stressful. I have adopted the Army values and made them my own. I always envisioned myself in a leadership position and when I decided to join the Army, I knew being an officer was for me. I really want to come out of high school with a high grades. See disclaimer. Why I Chose to Become a Teacher…

Firearm-related issues are becoming a potential threat to the academic environment of the Arizona State University (ASU). The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects steady growth through 2018 for correctional careers, due in part to the popularity of mandatory minimum sentences, which tend to fill and overcrowd prisons. Career Choices in Criminal Justice No two days will be the same for a police, lightly.

4  Pages. I believe that I have excellent interpersonal skills because of which I do not have any difficulty in mixing up with different people.

By Mack S. Tribble States Army and hoped to one day be a part of it.

Correctional officers help reduce recidivism by matching offenders with programs that can address their needs and minimize their risk of re-offending. South Coast Today: Hard Times at Dartmouth Jail: Officers Struggle with Gang Violence, Even Behind Bars; Brian Fraga; 2011, Bureau of Labor Statistics: Correctional Officers and Bailiffs, British Columbia: A Profile of BC Corrections. Within the process of teaching, I hope to find... Free Why I Want To Be a Police Officer I have chosen a career in education because I believe that it is one of the most important functions performed in our culture.

Some future correctional officers find those challenges exciting. However, I like to take challenges and believe that this would be a perfect job for me because I would not only be helping my state but also pursuing a job that interests me.

Penal establishments across the US both government and private impose less restrictive requirements for correctional officers.

The author of the paper "The Reasons to be a Correctional Officer" briefly outlines the main principles of correctional officer profession responsibilities. Age requirements are set at 18 to 21 years of age, must be a US citizen, have achieved at least a high school education and should have no record of criminal conviction.

After all, society always needs prisons. Some of these privileges included a great education, and caring teachers.