She was a kitten then and Millions of different people have their own stories, problems, and successes. game. ...Why I work at Bentleys Resturant 2014. Reilly's message runs deeper than a simple explanation about the virtues of sports. Due to the fact that Lebron James was considered "the best basketball player in the world," many people believed that in order to keep the fans happy, the NBA officials "rigged" the games so that the Miami Heat would remain the champions by calling obvious calls in favor of the Heat. The way that Rick Reilly begins and ends his article about sports and his job is amazing! "Why I Love My Job Essay" StudyMode.com. I believe that each student is capable of doing something great in their life if they would just set their minds to it. What is the effect of this framing device? Reilly explains why he is not to good for sports in the article. Watching the sport When you look at sports like that, they don't seem so dumb to write about as his professor thought. But I don’t think I will be able to do that. It's the place that I start my heartbeat from birth, then I grow stronger and stronger until I am now. I knew that I possessed talent in other areas, but I did not have time to pursue them due to my constant preoccupation with sports. View Cary Villicana- Why I love my Job _'s.pdf from ENGLISH 4302 at Heritage High School. Personally, I want to be out doing something, being active, and associating with different people rather than sitting in a cubical all day. independent animals who are usually litter trained and does not need to be walked . Rick Reilly was a sports journalist for ESPN who won Sports Writer of The Year eleven time, so his obvious audience was the athletic community. The USSR had won 6 of the last 7 gold medals in ice hockey, and they had some of the best players to ever play the game of hockey. In But, he believed it was important to do what you love rather than what others think you should do. Cats But it also proved that people could set aside their hatred to take time and watch a game they loved. But I don’t know if I am going to do something I love. My goal with this lesson is for students to practice recognizing rhetorical strategies as they read, rather than just reading a piece for content, then reading the questions and going back to the text. They could end up being like Rick Reilly and have a successful career that makes them proud.Reilly goes on in the article to show why he is not better than sports, and why sports are not a demeaning subject to write about. I enjoyed reading about someone who was so positive about his job and was able to put forth so many interesting ideas about sports in our lives. 4. Yes, you need money to be safe and live, but should making yourself happy come first? The medical field is a perfect example of this. Sure when it's cold and raining, (Friday night game) every cheer leader was missable and freezing. Making fun of each other for their teams losing and poking fun at each other over it still brings us closer together. Also, the modern language will allow strong practice of the deep rhetorical analysis I want them to do (the next piece we read tomorrow will be older, with more complex language). on television is just as enjoyable as playing it. Developing his opinions by giving different descriptions of sports at the beginning of every paragraph, Reilly correlates sports and human life by using personification, which someone who knows nothing about sports can identify and visualize. There were a select few, however, that decided that wherever Lebron goes, they would go as well. Basketball The USA pulled maybe the upset of the century, as they beat the USSR 4-3. When I read this article, it instantly brightened by mood. Like Reilly mentioned, you cannot act your way into being an athlete. I guess a decent paying job is my main concern, loving my job is my second concern. My mom for example started to hate teaching, not because of the student as much as the people who were in charge of her.