I take my Xanax very irregularly and it works really well for me. I can also agree with you about being tired the first few weeks I started taking it. First of all, your experience is very common as Xanax is pretty powerful and will often calm even the most anxious of people. It has a subtle calming effect when taken in the correct amount, and can help simply by knowing you have the option to take it by keeping one in your pocket. are you able to function normally whilst on xanax? Really, I usually only take it when I have some obsessive anxiety loops going on in my brain and can't stop fixating on something. I would love to have soem xanax right now. Xanex dose lasts for 4 hours. I think pursuit of therapeutic medication is one of the best things a sufferer can do. Please read below for more information and resources about about OCD and what this subreddit is! I didn't feel comfortable taking it outside the hospital though because I worry about addiction. There's no reason to lie. I was always put off by the idea of taking things such as xanax as i am aware at times it can create more problems than it solves, but I am now faced with the fact that I have to avoid doing normal things with people my age, because I know I won't be able to function/have fun when i go to things such as music festivals, or social settings with a large amount of people. I took Xanax today. I sat at my makeup vanity today and spent two hours just letting myself be inspired and creative with makeup. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. You know, my diet has been the best it's been in years, I'm exercising daily and staying plenty hydrated. It's almost unbelievable how much of a difference it can make to your life. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But if your psychiatrist believes medication would help you, I'd think very seriously about starting it!

Since it was the same drug family I was worried that it would be the same, but so far it has a calming effect. I want to make sure that if I can make someone aware of the risks involved with this medication, I'm doing what nobody (including doctors) did for me; warning me that if addiction is in the family or if you have had problems with it before to take extreme caution with this medication. My second part of this involves the risks of dependency. I know what you mean about not wanting to depend on medication. In fact its the only pharma drug that helped me for OCD and anxiety (sometimes). There are definitely times when I wish I had a magic pill to make me really see how overblown my fears are. I feel shitty thought sometimes relying on these things.

This is a community for the discussion of benzos of all flavors. This is where it can be a problem; as you take it your body builds tolerance. ERP scares the crap out of me... but it could be effective combined with anxiety medication.

Xanax is a fast-acting benzodiazepine medication used to treat anxiety symptoms and panic attacks. If I am having a big anxiety attack I am not nearly as Cloudy after. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. To lessen the possibility of interdose symptoms, the times of administration should be distributed … There is a good chance your reaction is due to starting the Xanax and the wine cooler. i was only wondering if xanax would help in the situation im asking about. Would something like Xanax be a SIGNIFICANT help in this situation? That infamous anxiety knot deep in your stomach/sternum area goes away like a cloud of smoke, I'm able to breath again and not be wrapped in my mind. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This isn't going to last. GABA also. Maybe discuss dosage times next time you see your dr? oo ok, what do you think the doc would likely prescribe if i advised i wanted something to deal with on irregular occasions where i feel completely overwhelmed? No anxiety, no fears of something not being perfect, no stupid compulsions, just... me and my creativity. Not pleasurable like an opiot..but something else. Please read below for more information and resources about about OCD and what this subreddit is! Not sure if you've tried it before, but I've never felt "stoned" or anything from it. Why do you say you cannot be treated with CBT. It helped me when I realized that my OCD was a symptom. Do you mind if I ask where you are located? I would rec Ativan or Clonazepam. And it actually has healthy properties. Of course, you can still have a drink or two every once in a while when you're taking the medication. It's true that xanax can be addictive, but then again, so can a lot of things. It always helps me when I have to do something that triggers my panic attacks. Also consider the fact that you are dealing with very emotional issues right now. I take the generic Xanax-does the same thing-and I generally just use it for sleep and break out anxiety. Discussion and support for sufferers and loved ones of any anxiety disorder. I wanna say that long-term this stuff is bad news, but if I can manage to just "take as needed" I would be a very happy person knowing that massive anxiety relief is literally in the drawer next to me, that thought alone I think would help with my anxiety. I would definitely suggest trying it at the very least. Last thing: Xanax is prescribed "as needed" it is addictive and if you are not careful it could "go bad". Your doctor can tell you more about your limits during your next appointment. Whilst I am one of those "extreme" cases you read about and in all likelihood you won't ever have to go through any of this it is still something I feel should be considered. xanax is about as fun as opiates and literally as pleasurable. nice one, thank you. I know there are other antidepressants that work better for ocd then others, and it is very dependant upon the individual. Xanax is likely the strongest of the commonly used benzodiazapines. I know I'm not supposed to mix alcohol but I really wanted one and I didn't think it would cause that much of a problem. Cookies help us deliver our Services. And yes, for me, it does help situationally. Xanax always gave me bad hangovers if I took them in the evening prior and made me feel like a zombie if I took them during the day (even after reducing the dosage to the lowest one). So I suggest lying and saying you had a panic attack and that you need something for situations like this! May be used to help manage the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder or for the short … I would say you could potentially stay on Klonopin for a few years before you would have to taper down unlike xanax and ativan with their short half-lives and extreme abuse potential. keep in mind i want to be functioning and not smacked out, and also that i do not intend to take on a daily or even weekly basis, only for specific situations, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I take my Xanax very irregularly and it works really well for me. So I'm feeling a lot of guilt and fearing that I've lost or severely damaged my relationship with my closest circle of friends and support group. Do you want something to take to make everything go away completely? Share your benzo stories, ask benzo-questions, give … It took me being in a safe place with someone I trusted to give me the push I needed.

By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It is amazing what xanax can do. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. a)needing to increase the dosage (after a while the low dosage may stop working). And with it, my anxiety. Press J to jump to the feed. I honestly don't think I could have taken it if it weren't for my boyfriend. I wouldn't depend on a prescription alone, though.

I took it 3-4 times a day when I was at my worst. And I can't even begin to verbalize how much better that made me feel. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It's ultra-helpful but I refuse to end up addicted to it.