2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Auto 4x2 pictures, prices, information, and specifications. This article was written by the It Still Works team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. I've experienced my fair share of machines, and like to share that experience here.

The Yamaha Owner's Manual Section offers the ability to view Owner's Manuals for many past Yamaha models. It features a 1,102 lb towing capacity. They are size 25. If anyone could help with the specific rims that I need to order, it would be greatly appreciated. I can't find battery voltage any where. Shop with confidence. This is also the case for the front tires. I recommend the Jaco Elite Tire Pressure Gauge I found here on Amazon. It contains important safety information. Upload or insert images from URL. The gauge is accurate down to one psi and all comes compact in a nice little container. The vehicle stands 44.1 inches tall, 77.4 inches long and 42.1 inches wide.

and more. The ATV features a 33 mm BSR Mijuni carburettor and a four-gallon fuel tank. Two 30 amp fuses are good there. I used to use a simple bike pump, but I got sick of inflating a little, checking the pressure, inflating a little, and checking the pressure again, back and forth. The 2001 Kodiak 400 has an Ultramatic V-belt with engine braking, giving the ATV high, low, reverse and parking gears. Even if you do get a puncture, the tires should hold up long enough for you to get back off the trail. This happens because your tires aren’t getting enough contact with the trail, and your tires will spin more than they should. With a lower tire pressure the tire is able to grab on to the terrain better, giving you more traction in places you need it.

If you want to see if this affects you, check your tire pressure at the start of a ride, and then again after about 30 minutes of riding. A snowmobile that won’t idle or stay running is usually a sign of fault within the air, fuel, or electrical system.

I am trying to diagnose a no power at key on problem 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 ATV. When riding in the snow, a lower tire pressure is also extremely helpful. The front tire requires AT 25 by 8-12 tires, while the back uses AT 25 by 10-12 tires. Sometimes through really muddy terrain, an increased tire pressure can help you gain traction on the bottom of the mud pit and will help you get out a little easier. When a tire is inflated to a higher pressure, the air in the tire compresses less and it’s more likely to bounce off of whatever you hit. If you tire is under inflated, your tire will roll slightly when cornering.   You cannot paste images directly.

Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. The tires listed below have been ap- Front 22 kPa (0.22 kgf/cm , 3.2 psi) proved by Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. Rear 22 kPa (0.22 kgf/cm , 3.2 psi) for this model. Such as, sandy areas or areas with loose dirt or gravel.

Such as, hunting gear or camping gear. I just don't know what rims exactly that I need to get as the back and front rims have a different offset. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content. Usually, having a higher tire pressure in your tires will help prevent punctures. There are a few options available to help prevent getting a flat on your ATV. When you measure tire pressure, use a low-pressure ATV tire pressure gauge. Just changing your tire pressure one psi can make a big difference in how your ATV handles. It contains important safety information. Other tire combina- tions are not recommended. Copyright © 2020 QUADCRAZY There are a lot of reasons to adjust your tire pressure to get the most out of your ATV while riding.

Some riders like to have the back tires set to a slightly lower psi. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. Most ATV’s come stock with a set of 4 or 6-ply tires.   Your previous content has been restored. Thanks. This site is designed to be go-to resource for Off-Roading and Motor Sports enthusiasts around the world.

With wet sump lubrication, the engine is liquid cooled.

I spent a while searching around the internet, and found out there are different tire pressures recommended for different scenarios. I own a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4. With an electrical powered push-button starter, the 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 features a two-wheel drive drivetrain.   Pasted as rich text. This fits your . If you are carrying extra weight, riding in sand, or want to customize your tire pressure for your needs specifically, then keep reading. If the pressure is too high for your liking, just set them a little lower at the beginning of your ride next time. Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 4X4 Ultramatic Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 400 Ultramatic 4x4 Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK Ultramatic Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 450 Ultramatic Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 450 Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Kodiak 450 Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 400 YFM400FAS Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha ULTRAMATIC KODIAK 400 YFM400FAR Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 400 YFM400AS Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 700 YFM70KDXH Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha KODIAK 700 YFM70KDXG Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Kodiak YFM45FAV Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Kodiak YFM400FWK Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha RAPTOR 50 Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Big Bear YFM350UBL Owner's Manual, Page 10: Location Of The Warning And Specification Labels, Page 20: Description And Machine Identification, Page 61: Drive Select Lever Operation And Reverse Driving, Page 74: Ride With Care And Good Judgement, Page 112: Periodic Maintenance And Adjustment, Page 114: Periodic Maintenance/Lubrication, Page 124: Engine Oil And Oil Filter Cartridge, Page 132: Differential Gear Oil Replacement, Page 154: Rear Brake Pedal And Lever Adjustment, Page 157: Adjusting The Rear Brake Light Switch, Page 158: Cable Inspection And Lubrication, Page 185: Yamaha Extended Service (Y.e.s. If  you   want  new  rims , all  you  need to  do  is  choose  the   brand  and style  you want  and tell the  dealer what they are to  fit . I am looking to buy new rims for it. ATV Tire Set of 4 Front and Rear 25" Yamaha KODIAK 400 4x4 2000–2006 Brand: ThumperJockey. Fortunately, the common faults that hinder the engine from staying idle have... Snowmobile Won’t Start: Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide. More of the tire is in contact with the ground, limiting the amount your tire will slip. On the side wall of your tire there should be printed the specific tire pressure that is recommended for your tire. No power on any wire at Ign Sw, none at any small fuse box term, does have power at red cable from battery to starter solenoid terminal. If you’re riding in rocky, sandy, muddy, snowy, or other loose terrain, I recommend 3-4 psi. I have looked at the service manual multiple times in the past month but I don’t see it here anymore in the download section! Sometimes, a snowmobile won’t start due to some technical faults. Hi. If you are carrying extra weight, riding in sand, or want to customize your tire pressure for your needs specifically, then keep reading. Clear editor. It goes up to 15 psi (I’ve never had to go above 10 psi for my ATV tires) and it works great. Powered by Invision Community. Looking for part number and instructions. Setting your tire pressure properly can help prevent unnecessary puncture when riding.

This ATV should not be ridden by anyone under 16 years of age. Physical Specifications and Towing Capabilities . AtvHelper.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. The 2001 Kodiak 400's front end utilizes dual hydraulic disc brakes while the back features a single hydraulic disc brake. Display as a link instead, × The 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 features a 401 cc four-stroke SOHC engine. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Works, contact us.

Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, Power Sports Network: 2001 Yamaha Kodiak Automatic Specifications, Killer ATV: Kodiak 400 4x4 Specifications. The tire pressure should be the same per axle. Enter your ZIP code below to search for ATV dealers near you. The 2001 Kodiak 400's front end utilizes dual hydraulic disc brakes while the back features a single hydraulic disc brake.

The most common tire pressure for an average rider on average terrain is going to be around 5-6 psi. Allowing you to still steer well, while increasing grip on the track. Here  is a site that tells you  how  to  measure rims  to  find  the  specs on it ,  ans  even  handier   charts  showing  rim specs   for a whole range  of  quads  by  manufacturers ..  Look  up   your Kodiak   to  get  the   rim  specs , and then  compare them  to  other   makes  to  see  what  ones interchange. I found it hard to use the tire pressure gauge I used on my truck tires because the scale was not accurate enough. Get 1993 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4WD YFM400FWE Motorcycle Tires at BikeBandit.com with fast and free shipping over $99! If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Step 1 -- Select Product Line -- ATV Motorcycle Power Product Side-by-Side Snowmobile Step 2 × If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the. It is always recommended to keep your tires in good condition and replace them when necessary. I found it so much easier to just get a gauge made for ATV tires.

I usually fill the tires with the compressor, and make any little changes with, the more accurate, Jaco gauge. Do not exceed the maximum recommended tire pressure.

Inflating the tire too much can make it easier for a sharp rock or log to puncture the tire, so be careful.

I use the Slime Direct Drive Tire Inflator found here on Amazon. Having a higher tire pressure can also help protect the rims on the ATV. link to Snowmobile Won’t Idle or Stay Running: Fix It Guide, link to Snowmobile Won’t Start: Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide, Great for heavier riders or carrying extra weight, Great for cleared trails (no smashing into boulders or tree roots). It makes sense because the tire pressure on my truck it so much higher and one psi off doesn’t make a difference. Im looking at the itp Delta rims.

This post acts as a simple guide to help you decide what tire pressure works best for you. Few more things for this build but its coming along! Poker Run Fun in the 2021 Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 Trail Edition, Best Rock Crawling Tires for ATVs and UTVs, Our ATV Classifieds provide easy-to-search listings of ATV's for sale, Use our ATV Insurance to call for a atv insurance quote, A quality ATV dealer can make all the difference in the world, Research the ATV and get a ATV quote from local dealers, 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Auto 4x2 pictures, prices, information, and specifications. The seat rests 32.3 inches off the ground and the ATV has a 48.2 inch wheelbase. Snowmobile Won’t Idle or Stay Running: Fix It Guide. Get the latest Yamaha Kodiak 400 Auto 4x2 reviews, and 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Auto 4x2 prices and specifications.

On the other hand, having too high of a tire pressure can cause punctures because the air has no where to go putting more strain on the tire at the point of impact. No lights at all w/key on. The maximum recommended pressure is provided by the manufacture. The 2001 Kodiak 400 4X4 is an all terrain vehicle (ATV) manufactured by Yamaha. Other tire combina- tions are not recommended.

Currently unavailable.

It will also work on cars and trucks, so I leave it in my truck now for emergencies, and it has come in handy a couple of times on the trails. Having the right tire pressure is safer and can prevent unnecessary slipping and helps your tires last longer. You can post now and register later.

It will show the psi down to a tenth of a pound, which is exactly what I needed and way more accurate than the gauge I use for my vehicles.