Babies get the same leafy greens as the adults but they are chopped up into much finer pieces. I always used sand of river as a substrate and have had no problems with it. I like to keep it simple and use only sand of river,. Spiny-Tailed Iguana Size Spiny-tailed iguanas range in size from the small Yucatan spiny-tailed iguana (C. defensor), which reaches an overall length of 10 inches, to the black spiny-tail, which can grow to 5 feet.Spiny There are many different types of iguanas. Ctenosaura defensor tend to shed in patches, usually taking several weeks to completely shed (sometimes longer). To avoid continuous stress, it is advisable to clean the cage once a week and change the substrate every 6 months.

We carry a nice selection of iguanas for sale, at super low prices.Iguanas make great pets, and are super rewarding. I put the lights on electric timers, and give them about 10 to 12 hours of light each day. They are very shy and is very difficult to tame down WC ones but with the CB babies all is easier. I have noticed several benefits to adding this powder and mixed juice fruit to their diet. They like very much also pumpkin, melon, tomatoes and fruits of wood (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, currant, gooseberry). Since Ctenosaura defensor are active lizards, they require spacious cages. We carry a nice selection of iguanas for sale, at super low prices. Anyway my WC trio after three years of breeding they have become much more peaceful and allow me to clean and administer the food without running to hide. We ship Mondays thru Fridays.

You will be notified if there are any issues with your order. From first days they can be fed with repashy powder (with fruit and cricket powder). Not only will you get high quality iguanas, but you can always come back and ask us for tips or questions. I use Solar raptor also as UVB light. Ctenosaura defensor are mainly herbivore but also need insects in their diet. Baby Yucatan Spiny Tail Iguana (Ctenosaura Defensor) $ 499.99 Out of stock Notify me when this item is back in stock. Please ensure that you provide us with the best contact phone number and e-mail address so that we can quickly contact you if it is needed.

A defensor diet is composed mainly of leafy greens like collard greens,, mustard greens, escarole, curly endive and dandelion greens. It is very important for these reptiles to remain very active at high temperatures and strong lighting. Ctenosaura defensor is very hard to keep especially if they are wc animals (in the reptiles fairs there are almost exclusively WC and CB are very rare) this is due to the fact that they do not easily get used to the captivity while remaining very shy and timid by getting hidden even for a long time without eating so slimming and then dying, so it is advisable, especially if you do not have an experience with these animals, to look for and take cb specimens, which on the contrary will be very friendly relaxed and will give many satisfaction in the terrarium. Our selection is great, and always at the lowest possible price. They don’t like catching flying and running insects so avoid to use crickets and so on… The secret to feed well and have success with Ctenosaura defensor is to change each day the kind of food because they get easily tired of eating the same food for several days.

I also use as supplement on their food bee pollen. The minimum size we would recommend for 1 or 3 hatchlings would be 0.8 x 0.

Powered by BigCommerce, Black Throat Monitors (Varanus albigularis), Albino Green Iguana for sale (Iguana iguana), Baby Cuban Iguanas for sale (Cyclura nubila) Puerto Rican Locale, Baby Green Iguanas for sale (Iguana iguana)WE NO LONGER SELL GREEN IGUANAS, Banana Pectinata for sale (Ctenosaura pectinata), Blue Green Iguana (Iguana iguana) WE NO LONGER SELL IGUANAS, Club Tail Iguana For Sale (Ctenosaura Quinc.

The water they need is received from eating the fresh vegetables.

An higher humidity hiding place is needed (with wet sand) near the basking place. The information contained in this care sheet reflect the opinions and methods of the mentioned breeder, based on their expertise and long-established experience. Adult males are territorial, so only one male per cage is recommended.

I chop or shred the greens,fruits and vegetables into pieces small enough for the lizards to swallow without having to tear the leaves too much themselves as they tend to eat more. Yucatán spiny-tailed iguana (Ctenosaura defensor) is a species of lizard in the family Iguanidae. Our live reptiles ship Next Day Air with UPS.

Although, I keep baby defensor on a paper substrate for their first year of life as babies are more easy to find food and water remain clean. Notify me when this item is back in stock. Care sheet provided by Angelo D'alessandro. Rhinoceros iguana for sale is a long-lived reptile and one can expect their pet rhino iguana for sale to live 20-40 years if properly cared for. I use Solar Raptor 50 watt as the heat light. Snakes at Sunset hopes to offer albinos, caramel iguanas, hypo iguanas,and other neat types of green iguanas for sale.. You have to take away unused food if they don’t eat it to always stimulate their appetite with fresh food.