Maybe her ambition should be getting a better agent, because she is just too good of an actress to be in stuff like this. It is about an unlucky zookeeper who turns to the animals at his zoo to help him find love. fantasy, It might have been that they were just co-workers. Coming Soon, Regal None Hobby | Rotten (114). Six months later, Griffin and Kate get married and are back working at the zoo and Bernie is now living in a new enclosure where he gets a great view of the city.

After Griffin learned that animals can talk, Bernie told him of what Shane did. Having recovered from wounds received in a failed rescue operation, Navy SEAL Shane Wolfe is handed a new assignment: Protect the five Plummer kids from enemies of their recently deceased father -- a government scientist whose top-secret experiment remains in the kids' house.

To keep him from leaving, they reveal their secret ability to talk and offer to teach him the rules of courtship, animal style. [12] All 20 songs from the Zookeeper (2011) movie soundtrack, with scene descriptions. It is also funny when they go out to dinner together at TGI Friday's, which Bernie has long eyed from over the top of the zoo walls. "[13] On Metacritic, the film has a score of 30 out of 100 based on 29 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". "[19] Sean O'Connell of the Washington Post wrote: "Pratfalls and agonizing tumbles appear to be James's business, and man, business is booming. Griffin borrows his friends car to pick up Kate.

The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. After Kate tells Griffin she had a great time with him, Stephanie asks Griffin out to dinner. Wow, I just got a crazy image of Crystal running up to claim her fourth best actress Oscar... in a row... since a break in her eight-year streak, which of course begs the question, "was that a crazy image, or a vision of the future?" Central Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. A pleasant summer entertainment it is. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Ten years prior to the film, one of the animals, a gorilla named Bernie grabbed the stick and pushed Shane into his exhibit.

Still, what easily hurts the film the most has to be the writing, which is of course not quite awful enough to warrant total panning, but criticism is very much due, and not just because this story is all too generic, even though I highly doubt that you can find a film of this type somewhere out there that's dumb enough at times to have its reasonable-seeming protagonist trying to get back his mate through actual animal mating rituals. Carlos Kaniowski. "Zookeeper" is a good-natured comedy about how the animals at the zoo coach Kevin James on his romantic life. Let's just hope Kevin James stops pissing on things long enough to realize his film career is already sufficiently soaked.

Add the first question. And so, ladies, gentlemen and children, today, we have discovered who the true animal is: ...Kevin James. The site's critical consensus reads, "Zookeeper smothers Kevin James's [sic] with a sodden script and a surfeit of jokes inappropriate for the young viewers who would be intrigued by its juvenile storyline. Zookeeper made its debut in 3,482 theaters in the United States and Canada. Kevin James' new comedy Zookeeper may be popular with the kiddos, but slapstick humor and a cookie-cutter storyline doom it for adults. | Rating: 0/5 Zookeeper is a 2011 American fantasy romantic comedy film directed by Frank Coraci, starring Kevin James, Rosario Dawson, and Leslie Bibb, and featuring the voices of Nick Nolte, Sylvester Stallone, Adam Sandler, Don Rickles, Judd Apatow, Cher, Jon Favreau, and Faizon Love.It is about an unlucky zookeeper who turns to the animals at his zoo to help him find love. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. Travel back in time to check out the early roles of some of Hollywood's heavy hitters. That night, Griffin holds a party at the zoo for his brother Dave (Nat Faxon) who is getting married, but freaks out when he discovers that Stephanie was invited. Hey Eddie, September 14, 2011 Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. "[17] Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, who co-hosts the film review series Ebert Presents: At the Movies, said that "even though the movie looks hilarious from the trailer, it is only hilarious if you enjoy seeing Kevin James fall down a lot". Evil-doer Zookeeper is a rather messy, cliche, predictable family comedy that uses a premise that all animals can talk and that they will even befriend a certain type of person. Roger Ebert put it best when he said: "Look, a great movie this is not. Pretty good show. Still, on the whole, there are plenty of classic tunes on the soundtrack, yet they're not nearly as prominent as the score, which is a little bit too overused, and not when it comes to this film, but films of its type. It is about an unlucky zookeeper who turns to the animals at his zoo to help him find love. Bernie also becomes upset and tells Griffin that he thought he could trust someone again, but was proved wrong when Griffin quit his job. I wanted to hate this cliche-ridden pablum, meant entirely for families (meaning the six - seven year olds children in those families and, of course, by extension their long suffering and mostly forgotten parents) ... but I couldn't. |, July 28, 2011 By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy In 1975, he won the Pulitzer Prize for distinguished criticism. Griffin and Kate go to the wedding and seem to have fun together. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Binge Guide: 5 Things to Watch If You Love. Plays at the celebration party for Dave and Robin. As Griffin said, he went to his house and kicked his ass, Kicking it so hard he fell into the wall.

He cuts Bernie in the face. At the beginning of this movie we see a zookeeper propose to his girlfriend. So maybe you hated Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Jerome the Bear (Jon Favreau) suggests that they teach Griffin their animal mating techniques, but Joe the Lion (Sylvester Stallone) protests, reminding them that it's against the animal code to talk to humans. Bonded and Unbound: Sean Connery, 1930-2020, Disney+'s The Mandalorian Makes a Valiant Return in Season Two Opener, Amazon's Truth Seekers is Missing Jokes and Scares. Roger Ebert was the film critic of the Chicago Sun-Times from 1967 until his death in 2013. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. I think it can play for all ages in a family audience... and besides, I'm getting a teensy bit exhausted by cute little animated animals. He may share that role with Stephanie. The next night, all the animals break their code of silence and tell Griffin that they will teach him what to do to win Stephanie. Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D, J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. Movie Duos You Want to Monkey Around With, Bad Movie Beatdown: Big Mommas- Like Father, Like Son. It's unclear what Shane's fate was after the film. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. | Rating: 2.5/4.0 A pleasant summer entertainment it is. Griffin learns their different mating rituals, but ends up humiliating himself in front of the other zookeepers and the guests. The film boasts classic charismas delivering sometimes obnoxious, but more often than not, pretty charming voice performances and chemistry that really make most, if not close-to all scenes with them pretty enjoyable, and really, there are just enough of those moments to save this film, which was never weak to the point of falling to a state of being completely unsavable. But if you want the typical Hollywood explosions, then grab three extra dollars and head down to see Transformers 3 in 3D instead. I will admit that I held all of these accusations against Zookeeper when I entered the theater, but one thing I've learned is that preemptive decisions to not see a comedy simply because you think you have a grudge against it is BAD BAD BAD. That's how I figured I'd view the film. Likely contains enough humor to be a decent outing for most families with smaller kids. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Donald the Monkey (Adam Sandler) says that Stephanie will be at the zoo tomorrow, and all the animals have to do is make Griffin look like a hero in front of her. I've been a fan of James since I grew up watching his television show, The King of Queens. |, July 29, 2011 He is a fan of hard rock, as seen and heard in his room, which might explain his enjoyment of tormenting animals. When a shopping mall is taken over by a gang of organized crooks, it's up to a mild-mannered security guard to save the day. He tells Shane that he knows what he did and if her ever hurt any of the other animals again, "He'll kick his ass, in front of his mother," At first it appears Shane listened, for he put down his can of pepper spray, but later he returned to Bernie's exhibit, carrying the same bottle of pepper spray and the stick. You're almost there! A bad deed on the part of a tough minor-league hockey player results in an unusual sentence: He must serve one week as a real-life tooth fairy. A hotel handyman's life changes when the lavish bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to magically come true. Since he ends up with Rosario Dawson, they must know what they're talking about. | Rating: 3/5 |, January 26, 2018 If as much money had gone into the screenplay as must have gone into the paying for the star voices we might have ended up with something less mundane.

Problem is, he's paralyzed by shyness. Later, the animals hold a meeting saying that they think Griffin is the best zookeeper at the zoo and don't want him to leave, so they decide to find some way to help him win Stephanie's heart. To produce something as emphatically unfunny as this, the script's five-man team must have whipped themselves into a state of mutual delusion. "Don't talk to the animals... unless they talk to you first." |, May 19, 2018 I think it can play for all ages in a family audience, it's clever to have the animals advising humans on their behavioral strategies, and besides, I'm getting a teensy bit exhausted by cute little animated animals. The same goes for Kevin James's boyish, frenetic acting; James has an inherent likability about him that really carries the weight of the film. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified.